The club is working hard..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

The club is working hard..

Really impressed with how the club is working within the bayside community. During the school holdays they used the merchandise truck to bring games and give aways to different parts all the way up to the docklands.... great way to get the kids. Now they are having a supporter train on the way from frankston to the docklands with giveaways etc. Awesome work, get the social part of the club going!!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
paddy
Club Player

Re: The club is working hard..

pretty good idea.... the frankston line has always been a heavily st kilda line, so makes sense to try to snare supporters based on geography....

Austinnn
Club Player

Great initiative. Good to see.

I am a bit disappointed with the club this year. I wanted to buy a membership online and found it far to difficult than it needs to be. They need to sort that out, it should be the easiest thing to do.

They could work a bit harder on an international membership from a personal interest. We can't get to any games, so how about no free entry to any matches, but a year's subscription to LiveAFL or something like that?

Regardless, I'm happy to see that they are taking care of the local community a bit better. It makes sense.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Austinnn wrote:Great initiative. Good to see.

I am a bit disappointed with the club this year. I wanted to buy a membership online and found it far to difficult than it needs to be. They need to sort that out, it should be the easiest thing to do.

They could work a bit harder on an international membership from a personal interest. We can't get to any games, so how about no free entry to any matches, but a year's subscription to LiveAFL or something like that?

Regardless, I'm happy to see that they are taking care of the local community a bit better. It makes sense.
As an Overseas supporter I am in full agreement! Although I find AFL LIve very poor technically. All sorts of issues.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Saints train is a good idea. Shame it arrives in at Spenna Street Station an hour before the game starts, perhaps a tad early....

Personally, I'd prefer it to be the Joyville Express for two reasons: (1) steam trains are cool (2) CHOCOLATE!!!

There is also a kids zone on the footbridge.

Remember, this is our FIRST day game in Melbourne this year!!!

Has any club EVER had to wait until Round 18 to play a day game in Melbourne?

It's actually our third day game for the year, if you count the Perth match that started at 2.40 pm local time (4.40 AEST).

Crazy!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Remember, this is our FIRST day game in Melbourne this year!!!

Has any club EVER had to wait until Round 18 to play a day game in Melbourne?

It's actually our third day game for the year, if you count the Perth match that started at 2.40 pm local time (4.40 AEST).

Crazy!
Looking after their international supporters.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
older saint
SS Life Member

Good to see them doing something positive with the players. Good community initiate.
I must say though the admin at the club is sub standard as I have twice this year where i have sent emails to different sections to get automated replies that someone will get back to you within 24 hours and after 3 weeks still waiting on the last one, but i am already a member so they already have my money!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I eckon the club are gradually becoming more professional and this is a good intitiative!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
spert
Saintsational Legend

I think the club really needs a rocket up them from a business point of view- more professionalism across the whole business side would be desirable as I think they are still a bit too inward looking still, and really need to get innovative and out there.

derby Street
Club Player

older saint wrote:Good to see them doing something positive with the players. Good community initiate.
I must say though the admin at the club is sub standard as I have twice this year where i have sent emails to different sections to get automated replies that someone will get back to you within 24 hours and after 3 weeks still waiting on the last one, but i am already a member so they already have my money!
I have had many dealings with the clubs corporate section over a number of years and without exception have always found they replied to my inquiries promptly and courteously. I can only wish I was treated as well by other businesses I deal with as Scott F and his crew treat me.
Automated replies to business emails twice this year - you need to consider yourself lucky and get out more into the real world.

older saint
SS Life Member

derby Street wrote:
older saint wrote:Good to see them doing something positive with the players. Good community initiate.
I have had many dealings with the clubs corporate section over a number of years and without exception have always found they replied to my inquiries promptly and courteously. I can only wish I was treated as well by other businesses I deal with as Scott F and his crew treat me.
Automated replies to business emails twice this year - you need to consider yourself lucky and get out more into the real world.
As someone who owns and runs a SME i would think i have a fair idea about "the real world " as you put it. Once agani some here feel the need t have a crack at anyone who critises the club.

An automated email should not say we will be in touch with you if they have no intention to do do. Basic business 101 do not promise what you cannot or have no intention to deliver. Perhaps the corp sections works better than others I can only talk from my experience which promised but did not deliver.

stjohnc
Club Player

In the late 50'sto early 60's when we were based at the junction oval the club gave junior memberships to the local schools (I was at a brighton primary school) to lend out to kids who wanted to go to the footy.
I borrowed one and went to a game and became a dedicated fan from that moment and have been a member since the 70's, My sons are members.
The club gets over $600 per year from each of us and all this from giving schols a couple of junior memberships years ago.
What a good bit of forward thinking back then.
How many others becames fully fledged ( and paid up ) supporters from such a simple gesture