Jack Steven

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Jack Steven

One of the worst players I have ever seen play for the Saints. Can't run, can't mark and can't kick. Today, he couldn't even stand up! No doubt the usual suspects will have him votes for running (crawling) out onto the ground. For as long as he remains in our "best" 22, we will be nothing. And to think Farren Ray was dropped for him, someone who can run, can mark and can kick.

Stephen Milne can kick five unbelievable goals and yet one of his teammates gives away three. It's been our Achilles heal for the last four years - the last two or three players - none of whom would get a game with any other club - just kill the team with poor kicks, an inability to win a contest or turnovers.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Steven

That is the worst post of the day and there is a heap of competition.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
savatage
SS Life Member

You are absolutely deluded & idiotic. Go get your eyes checked because they are clearly stuffed.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Steven is gutsy, hard running, and vital to our midfield. He's been our 2nd best midfielder this year. If he's as bad as you suggest, then our other midfielders should be delisted at year's end.

St Lenny
Club Player

I don't mind Jack, but he was woeful today.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:That is the worst post of the day and there is a heap of competition.
Rather than empty rhetoric, perhaps you can point out the good things he did today, like the contests that he won, the teammates that he found with passes, the goals he kicked, the above head marks that the took, the first possession clearances that he made. Oh, and perhaps the times when he actually maintained his feet when turning.

kalsaint
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:Steven is gutsy, hard running, and vital to our midfield. He's been our 2nd best midfielder this year. If he's as bad as you suggest, then our other midfielders should be delisted at year's end.

True all bar the 2nd best midfielder bit. His effort is first class, his skills down at times with many turnovers. I would put him in our top 5 midfielders for consistency or game breaking effect.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

This thread proves that you don't need an IQ above 50 to work a computer. Jack may not have had a great day today but to say that he is one of the worst to play for the saints is just plain moronic. He is easily in our top 3 mids this year and one of the few players in the side willing to take the game on and ripen through the lines

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:One of the worst players I have ever seen play for the Saints. Can't run, can't mark and can't kick. Today, he couldn't even stand up! No doubt the usual suspects will have him votes for running (crawling) out onto the ground. For as long as he remains in our "best" 22, we will be nothing. And to think Farren Ray was dropped for him, someone who can run, can mark and can kick.

Stephen Milne can kick five unbelievable goals and yet one of his teammates gives away three. It's been our Achilles heal for the last four years - the last two or three players - none of whom would get a game with any other club - just kill the team with poor kicks, an inability to win a contest or turnovers.
Nah IMO GRAM is by far the worst and most spineless player ever to have pulled on a Saints jumper...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
saintbob
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:One of the worst players I have ever seen play for the Saints. Can't run, can't mark and can't kick. Today, he couldn't even stand up! No doubt the usual suspects will have him votes for running (crawling) out onto the ground. For as long as he remains in our "best" 22, we will be nothing. And to think Farren Ray was dropped for him, someone who can run, can mark and can kick.

WTF, absolutely speechless

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Are you brain dead? Sorry for asking. The answer is yes.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Poor ball user

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Poor ball user

Poor poster but you are still allowed on here.

JackieSed

You don't know what you are talking about he is one of the best players in our team each week maybe you should watch the game more closely.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

How did you see Geary and Gilbert?

Just the one of the three this week?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Perfectionist, are you on the piss like Jack was?

If you drink then post, you're a bloody idiot.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I actually thought we played well but didn't convert in front of goal bar one quarter. Sydney in Sydney at the SCG is a hard task coupled with some helpful umpiring the swans way, we battled manfully. A few players struggled but I still think he's a potential a grader.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

We all have our off days.
...perfectionist is just having his now.
Last edited by desertsaint on Sun 22 Jul 2012 9:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Harsh assessment.
Swans turnovers were deplorable. Heaps of pressure, slippery conditions.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

WinnersOnly wrote:

Nah IMO GRAM is by far the worst and most spineless player ever to have pulled on a Saints jumper...
You obviously don't remember Paul Temay then.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

You obviously don't remember Paul Temay then.
Can still remember the "Paul Temay Can't Play" banner attached to the outer fence one day at Moorabbin :)

Sobraz
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote:We all have our off days.
...perfectionist is just having his now.
Looking at his join date of 2007, I think perfectionist is having an off 5 years...

Literally not one post that has ever made sense..

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Jack is probably coming 3rd in our b & f at the minute

he wasnt good yesterday. but has been excellent all year.

so far i would say b & f top 5:

roo
len-dog
jack
armo
milne

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure how Steven's career will pan out. He clearly has excellent roving and ball winning ability but his decision making is ordinary and his kicking is extremely inconsistent. He's not a truly bad kick like Jones, but too often he rushes his disposal and shanks it; though later on he'll deliver a flat, lace out pass to a leading forward.

I'd like to see him keep working on his strength so he could be a powerful burst player ala Swan or Judd. He could either keep improving and become one of our best players or stagnate, continue to have trouble with disposal and discipline and find himself on the outer. It's up to Jack as to which path he takes.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Maybe for long-term - the one week suspension wasnt harsh enough on Jack. I know the law will treat him harshly (6 month suspension) but one week for getting smashed (he must have had 12-14 st drinks in 2-3 hours) 2 weeks off would have been better. Maybe give him another holiday and bring Seb in for a week as a reward for effort.