Papers stamped

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Papers stamped

As jeff Fenech would say. I loves youse all.
But time to say vale to

Kosi
Raph
Peakey
Polo
Grammy
Milney
Blakey

Love youse all. Youse have all been great. Milney is in all time Saints club legend and walks into the Saints best side ever.

Crocker
Winmar also in deep trouble.

Thats 9 delistings. We have 3 almost certain rookie promotions (curren, ferg, dunell). That leaves 1 recruit and 4 draftees to some in. And 1 lucky duck from above to stay on. 2 if the BeeJ goes also. Maybe 2 or 3 lucky ducks can stay on. (probably kosi, grammy, winmar). very lucky ducks.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Papers stamped

This forums attitude is a bit like the film Logans Run - everyone gets killed off at 30.

Milney is our 2nd highest goalkicker this year. (27)
Kosi is our 3rd highest goalkicker this year. (19)

So I can't see either of them being de-listed, although they may choose to retire.

Despite all the hysteria on here, I'd still prefer to see them eventually ousted by someone deserving of a spot, rather than just change for change sake - otherwise we'd end up like Gold Coast.

Rhys Stanley will hopefully replace Kosi, if he can play more than two games in a row, and Saad or Minchington take Milnes spot, but we need to be careful not to retire everyone off, they'll all be gone via natural attrition in a few years anyway.

I agree re Raph, Peake,and Polo. Gram will stay. Ray is 50/50, depending on how he finishes the season, IMO.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I got the impression in the pre-season that Watters had underlined Gram and Kosi as two players who had to prove certain things to him. I know at Collingwood they didn't rate Kosi at all. It will be interesting to see what happens to them at year's end. My guess is that at least one of them will be shown the door.

Raph has been on the list for 7 years. He has shown zero improvement since year 2, and has not eradicated the errors that have plagued him since the start. Definitely has his papers stamped.

Peake is an obvious de-listing, as is Polo.

Blake is an interesting one. He may want to retire, but even at his age and his recent form, if we can't be sure of securing any tall defenders or a ruckman, he may end up playing one more.

Milne will probably get a one year extension.

Some really difficult decisions coming up, but if I was in charge, Polo, Clarke, Peake, and Gram would be definitely going, and I'd be keen to see the back of Kosi, too. Throw in Goddard, who I'm pretty sure will leave for a big cheque elsewhere. Get the best deal for him, and offer Gram and Kosi as a package deal to someone and try to get a key defender in return. Not many developing key defenders out there, though, so it's a tricky situation.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

agree mostly with the above except Goddard who we should endeavour to keep. Kosi, after having a resplendent pre-season, has been disappointing in the whole. and Gram doesn't use his physicality. at least Raph throws himself at it.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

As a few of those are on the cusp it is to early to say some delistings. i have seen no reason for Milne to slightly go. hasnt shown as much as last year but is the second leading goalkicker as a small forward in the who AFL. Yes it may be only just over 2 goals a game but if it is that easy surely there would be many other small forwards who have done it this year. But alas no one apart from Jetta has done it. Of course you can find negatives about him. You can about any player but he deserves another year if he wants it.

Also still say Gram is safe unless he really finishes the year poorly. Again I think people go to game with preconceived ideas about him as a player. Pity 3 coaches he has had at the Saints have never had those ideas.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:As jeff Fenech would say. I loves youse all.
But time to say vale to

Kosi
Raph
Peakey
Polo
Grammy
Milney
Blakey

Love youse all. Youse have all been great. Milney is in all time Saints club legend and walks into the Saints best side ever.

Crocker

Thats 9 delistings. We have 3 almost certain rookie promotions (curren, ferg, dunell). That leaves 1 recruit and 4 draftees to some in. And 1 lucky duck from above to stay on. 2 if the BeeJ goes also. Maybe 2 or 3 lucky ducks can stay on. (probably kosi, grammy, winmar). very lucky ducks.
You are off your rocker Conald. Kosi, Gram Milne and probably Blake stay...

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

But time to say vale to

Kosi
Raph
Peakey
Polo
Grammy
Milney
Blakey

Crocker

You are a dead set moron.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Kernal75
Club Player

Agree with all the delistings above. Whether the recruiters have the balls to axe them all in one go is a different story. Much will depend on last years crop (i.e MArkworth, etc) and whether they can step up to support Riewoldt. If this is the case then Kosi may have his papers stamped.

shmic_s
Club Player

I think 3 or 4 people on that list will be delisted. Kosi will definately be a saint next year.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm happy to wait and see how THIS season plays out, rather than speculate on who goes/stays. Although it is interesting I guess for some folk to hypothesise on these issues.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
PJ
SS Life Member

If you fill our forward line with Markworth, Sipposs, Dunnell etc next year we are going to go backwards at a rapid speed, probably bottom six. They need to be brought in gradually alongside experienced players. If we solve the ruck problem Kosi will stay forward and you can have 1 or 2 of the above moving through.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm happy to wait and see how THIS season plays out, rather than speculate on who goes/stays. Although it is interesting I guess for some folk to hypothesise on these issues.
A good reply

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
But time to say vale to

Kosi
Raph
Peakey
Polo
Grammy
Milney
Blakey

Crocker

You are off your rocker Conald. Kosi, Gram Milne and probably Blake stay...
I thought Milne and Kosi had contract for next year, and it would be stupid to try and replace all those players at once anyway, Melbourne is a example of what happens when you dump all your senior players to quickly.

I love this club
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Polo and Peake are absolutely gone, Ray would be 50/50 and Raph would need to do something special in the next two months to hold his spot on the list. Crocker is surely gone but I think Winmar has another year on his contract.

If Blake wants to play on I suspect he'll get another year; we lack key defenders and ruckmen, Blake is serviceable in both of those roles. Milne sounds like he wants to continue but I think the club might suggest he retires since we've got Saad, Minchington and Dunell after a forward spot.

Kosi should also stay due to our lack of tall options. He should only be picked on form, but you don't delist a 10+ year veteran who plays positions that we're lacking in.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:This forums attitude is a bit like the film Logans Run - everyone gets killed off at 30.

So I can't see either of them being de-listed, although they may choose to retire.

Despite all the hysteria on here, I'd still prefer to see them eventually ousted by someone deserving of a spot, rather than just change for change sake - otherwise we'd end up like Gold Coast.

Rhys Stanley will hopefully replace Kosi, if he can play more than two games in a row, and Saad or Minchington take Milnes spot, but we need to be careful not to retire everyone off, they'll all be gone via natural attrition in a few years anyway.

I agree re Raph, Peake,and Polo. Gram will stay. Ray is 50/50, depending on how he finishes the season, IMO.
Massive thumbs up for Logans Run reference! great work :)
Although - not a single person wants to kill Len-dog, Roo or Fisher off - ....

Kosi is just a witches hat regardless of age. And Milney is slightly off his best. Fact is we are a fair way away from a flag now - so the quicker we start planning for the next one - the quicker we get there.

Its like we climbed to the top of Everest and didnt quite plant the flag firmly enough - then bad weather made us head down. Some people want to just hang around in the middle of the mountain and dawdle down even though we dont have the supplies (food and oxygen) to make it back up. Some people are hoping for a miraculous helicopter drop off of supplies - which isnt going to happen We are in no mans land. So lets get back to base camp get more food and ogygen and re group for the next assault. . Thats how I see it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:This forums attitude is a bit like the film Logans Run - everyone gets killed off at 30.

Massive thumbs up for Logans Run reference! great work :)
Although - not a single person wants to kill Len-dog, Roo or Fisher off - ....

Kosi is just a witches hat regardless of age. And Milney is slightly off his best. Fact is we are a fair way away from a flag now - so the quicker we start planning for the next one - the quicker we get there.

Its like we climbed to the top of Everest and didnt quite plant the flag firmly enough - then bad weather made us head down. Some people want to just hang around in the middle of the mountain and dawdle down even though we dont have the supplies (food and oxygen) to make it back up. Some people are hoping for a miraculous helicopter drop off of supplies - which isnt going to happen We are in no mans land. So lets get back to base camp get more food and ogygen and re group for the next assault. . Thats how I see it.

And there are other supporters who just dont care what players have done for the club. They have no idea about morole or what players provide inside the club. i suggest enough players will be delisted than delisting someone who you say is slightly off his best. Well if that is the case we should also get rid of Rooy and Chips because we are rebuilding and they are slightly off their best. I suppose if you are a supporter who thinks a guy with a 6 week injury should just give up and not play again this year then you are a guy who really doesnt care about the players at all and yes I know the club is bigger than the individual but sometimes you can combine both needs.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I cant see how we need to rush the end of the careers of a number of these players while we hang onto others that are no better! Everybody seems to forget that we were all happy with Kosi not that long ago, and with Raph about 3 matches ago. I believe a lot of the people on this site are very fickle.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Where are all these players in regards to their contracts ?
If they're in the middle of one surely we'd have to trade them and who would want them !
If they're cut it will cost us !
The one thing the club is good at is losing money !

In red white and black from 73
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

i told an Essendon supporter that StKilda wanted to trade Raph for Gumbleton..

he told me to F**k O*f

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.