Dunnell.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

villasaint
Club Player

Dunnell.

Can he be promoted? I think he should be! He has been in the best several times and from what I have seen of him he looks the goods. He is a bit skinny but come on so is side bottom, Elliot, Williams, jetta and many others. To me he appears to have the skills ans smarts.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dunnell.

Can only be promoted if someone goes on LTI which is a 50:50.
If I was a betting man I would say Dunell, Ferguson and Curren will all be promoted at years end. So We are going to have to retire/delist at least 6 players.

Buckets
SS Life Member

After rd 12 all clubs had the ability to upgrade a rookie with a LTI if i remember correctly. So in short yes he could be promoted.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:After rd 12 all clubs had the ability to upgrade a rookie with a LTI if i remember correctly. So in short yes he could be promoted.
if their TPP allows..... and given media reports that may not be possible at Saints-- and yes I beleive the saints are in their cap But not probably enough to add another player

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mick13
Club Player

Buckets wrote:After rd 12 all clubs had the ability to upgrade a rookie with a LTI if i remember correctly. So in short yes he could be promoted.
It's both. We can upgrade a rookie after round 12. As well as with a player on the LTI. So we could upgrade 2 rookies. And I think if it's due to a LTI that it doesn't affect the salary cap. So we might see one upgrade.

Of course I'm not 100% sure on any of what I just wrote :P

villasaint
Club Player

Just watched the sandy v port game on iview. He was very impressive as was markworth.

paddy
Club Player

Wouldn't we be better suited promoting a tall back, like Fergo?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:Wouldn't we be better suited promoting a tall back, like Fergo?
i think we should upgrade ferg now (for team balance) BUT
im pumped about dunell
and curren
and markworth (yes i know hes already on the sr list but that doesnt mean im not allowed to get pumped!)
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 05 Jul 2012 5:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Given the injuries I think Ferguson probably should be promoted, though I'm much more excited at the prospects of Dunnell and Markworth.

paddy
Club Player

I haven't been down to watch the sandy boys before, but boy.... Curren is a unit!

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

what role does he play?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
paddy wrote:Wouldn't we be better suited promoting a tall back, like Fergo?
i think we should upgrade ferg now (for team balance) BUT
im pumped about dunell
and curren
and markworth (yes i know hes already on the sr list but that doesnt mean im not allowed to get pumped!)
Don't get too pumped Con :P

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

There is a fair bit to look fwd to down at Saintsland. It is certainly not all doom and gloom.

Markworth/Curren/Seb/Ferg/Dunell - Thats untried 5 new guys to add to Steven/Armo/Rhys/Siposs/Simpkin/Ledger/Newnes

if we can land a gun tall fwd - I think we can look fwd to 2013.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:I haven't been down to watch the sandy boys before, but boy.... Curren is a unit!

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

what role does he play?
Has played as a run with tagger who has shut down the best players in the VFL this season. Awesome tank and very good skills. Would be a good replacement for CJ in the next year or so.

I would not be suprised if we put a fewplayers into cotton wool and call it a day on the finals that the at least 1-2 of these rookies get a upgrade. Markwort is also a sneaky chance, sipposs just ahead of him

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:There is a fair bit to look fwd to down at Saintsland. It is certainly not all doom and gloom.

Markworth/Curren/Seb/Ferg/Dunell - Thats untried 5 new guys to add to Steven/Armo/Rhys/Siposs/Simpkin/Ledger/Newnes

Where is the Gun Key backman in that lot, or the Gun Ruckman, the team is still deficient with your additions

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:There is a fair bit to look fwd to down at Saintsland. It is certainly not all doom and gloom.

Where is the Gun Key backman in that lot, or the Gun Ruckman, the team is still deficient with your additions
well still deficient. im not saying we are going to win a flag.
every team is deficient. and i still believe we have 2 good ruckmen and that shys is a developing a gun ruckman.
i also believe simpkin and ferg are developing key backmen who will play many a game together down back.

defacto
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

well still deficient. im not saying we are going to win a flag.
every team is deficient. and i still believe we have 2 good ruckmen and that shys is a developing a gun ruckman.
i also believe simpkin and ferg are developing key backmen who will play many a game together down back.
what position does markworth play?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
they are probably still figuring that one out- saints website calls him a 'small fwd' but he is 191 cm...

So I am hoping he ends up a midfielder who can go fwd or a fwd who can go mid...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

He's a high, lead-up forward, probably similar to Siposs…

supersaints
Club Player

villasaint wrote:Can he be promoted? I think he should be! He has been in the best several times and from what I have seen of him he looks the goods. He is a bit skinny but come on so is side bottom, Elliot, Williams, jetta and many others. To me he appears to have the skills ans smarts.
Essendon were spewing we pinched him. My info from the Bummers is they expect him to be a top line Player..... I hope thet are right. I think so, he seems very versatile

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
villasaint
Club Player

Ferg is playing at chb for sandy. He is good one on one his skills seems good and he is quick for a big bloke too.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Essendon were spewing we pinched him. My info from the Bummers is they expect him to be a top line Player...
he went 12 in the rookie draft, so the bombers took four players before him - elliott kavanagh, jackson merrett, nick o'brien and lauchlan dalgleish. obviously they didn't think that much of him!

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Defacto wrote:
He is very quick, I don't think he is that similar to siposs (Who was previously a short Full Forward)

I see him as Sam Gilbert on a HFF, is tall can carry the ball and deliver it forward

Eventually I could see him being a speedy wingman, similar to Thomas (Pies) and Jetta (Swans)

He's the guy you handball out to from a pack, and has that burst to get away

Obviously a lot has to go right, hope I helped :D

supersaints
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
supersaints wrote:Essendon were spewing we pinched him. My info from the Bummers is they expect him to be a top line Player...
he went 12 in the rookie draft, so the bombers took four players before him - elliott kavanagh, jackson merrett, nick o'brien and lauchlan dalgleish. obviously they didn't think that much of him!
Only Dalgliesh was taken ahead of Dunnell by Essendon in the Rookie draft. They had pick eleven as their first pick we had pick twelve which we used on him. Yes they did take ONE player before him.
My info was that they expected him to be around for the next pick as he was a bit of a sleeper. That being that he delayed a shot at AFL to do finish his university degree.
He went from playing amateurs to getting drafted in the AFL in one season, I think that shows a bit. The bombers sent him up to Bendigo for the last six games of the VFL season to get a better look at him. I guess we may have spotted him and liked what we saw that being enough to draft him with our first pick.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Only Dalgliesh was taken ahead of Dunnell by Essendon in the Rookie draft. They had pick eleven as their first pick we had pick twelve which we used on him. Yes they did take ONE player before him.
sorry to quibble, but they took four. if they liked him that much they could have taken him in the national draft. they chose not to and took kavanagh, merrett and o'brien instead. then they took dalgliesh instead with their first pick of the rookie draft. it's not complicated - they rated him around the 100th best player in that draft year otherwise they would have taken him earlier.