Jason Blake - the ultimate clubman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Jason Blake - the ultimate clubman

Well - this guy has just lived 12 years placing teammates and club before self. And now is the time for the ultimate sacrifice for this great man.
Hang up the boots - go on LTI list and let Jackson Ferguson come in for some apprenticeship games down back.
The future for our defence is Simpkin and Ferg. Lets have a look at them early and let them get a taste of the big time together.
And Blakey - well what can anyone say - youre a legend.

defacto
Club Player

Re: Jason Blake - the ultimate clubman

blake deserves a farewell game if fit, hell i bet he'd play on injections for a send off game.

if we dont give him this opportunity then we have a terrible culture and are going against everything in our club motto.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Well - this guy has just lived 12 years placing teammates and club before self. And now is the time for the ultimate sacrifice for this great man.
Hang up the boots - go on LTI list and let Jackson Ferguson come in for some apprenticeship games down back.
The future for our defence is Simpkin and Ferg. Lets have a look at them early and let them get a taste of the big time together.
And Blakey - well what can anyone say - youre a legend.

Yep the ultimate clubman so lets just say f*** him and dont try to come back and play.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 03 Jul 2012 3:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

and what happens after 4-6 games if Ferg is just wayyyyyy out of his depth and cannot hold his spot??... Go back to Blake with an olive branch??

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

The way Blake is going he's a reasonable chance to be back in 2013

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Loyalty is a two way street. All these posters that want players thrown or sacrificed on the scrap heap at the earliest possible occassion should remember our motto. It ain't just there for decoration.
Servants like Blake and Milne deserve much better.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Austinnn
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:Loyalty is a two way street. All these posters that want players thrown or sacrificed on the scrap heap at the earliest possible occassion should remember our motto. It ain't just there for decoration.
+1 and agree with Plugger too.
say that to his face Con.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
St Lenny
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:Loyalty is a two way street. All these posters that want players thrown or sacrificed on the scrap heap at the earliest possible occassion should remember our motto. It ain't just there for decoration.
Totally agree. You should go and stand in the corner and hang your head in shame at such a stupid suggestion :roll:

DVD

How about you hang up the boots Con. Make the ultimate sacrifice for the rest of us on this forum, save some server space for new posters...Blake will play next year, if he wants to.

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

We ought remember sometimes that we are all so far from the inner sanctum of our club. We do not possess all the information needed to make the big calls on an individual player.

I personally am loathe to critique or condemn a player -being so far from all the facts needed to even make a call. The best we can do is speculate and offer opinion based on what we see from a great distance. None of us are experts. This forum is about, barracking and opinions, just normal footy fan stuff.

What i do know is - Blake is a real honest giver, top quality ruck and back utility player this year. If he's picked to play in the future, i support him all the way. He's deserving of our admiration for his admirable good character and quality service. The ultimate clubman indeed. He certainly has my admiration.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!