OUR Cheersquad !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

OUR Cheersquad !!

By the end of the game it appeared that there were ONLY 20-30 people left behind the goals. That, to me was absolutely PATHETIC !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: OUR Cheersquad !!

Maybe they are sponsored by McCain.

Bunch of spuds!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Then my advice is JOIN us! Help with the solution instead of bagging from the cheap seats!!!!!! :twisted:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Saintspremiers. you're really a piece of work sometimes I sat with you in the Carlton game in round 22 and you had us GONE in the first half!!!! There's spuds and there's those who fire cheapshots!!!!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Then my advice is JOIN us! Help with the solution instead of bagging from the cheap seats!!!!!! :twisted:
Now Jiggster, I'd love to be enjoying your company at the footy but I aint giving up my seat on the wing on L1. It still doesn't excuse those who profess to an official arm of the club from deserting in their droves late in the game !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Fine.

WHY were there about four times as many in the North CS than ours?

Hardly anyone is in our cheersquad.

Face it Dave, there is a massive problem at the
moment. Not your fault but it is a big issue. Embarassing.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Batnoe
Club Player

In general the whole stkilda crowd were s***.

We were playing the most unsupported team in the AFL and our home game.

They out cheared us. We're soft

Carn Saints
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:In general the whole stkilda crowd were s***.

We were playing the most unsupported team in the AFL and our home game.

They out cheared us. We're soft
We didn't have much to cheer about after 1/4 Time, but we stayed until the bitter end !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:By the end of the game it appeared that there were ONLY 20-30 people left behind the goals. That, to me was absolutely PATHETIC !!
You should have seen the empty spaces on thr city side of the ground level 1 and 3

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Eastern wrote:By the end of the game it appeared that there were ONLY 20-30 people left behind the goals. That, to me was absolutely PATHETIC !!
You should have seen the empty spaces on thr city side of the ground level 1 and 3
Not my seat. I was there until the bitter end. As I always am !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

In contrast North had 23 for them, their crowd noise was amazing.

Winmar
Club Player

Cheer squad members actually leave early?! I haven't left early since Kardinia Park 1989!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

So its come down to this: sit till the "bitter end" bagging the side as many do (NOT including you in this Eastern) and then bag the CS. Norths supporters would have been on the way out had the situations been reversed ALL AFL crowds do it!!!!!

Prodgers
Club Player

Be careful how many of those were actually in the North cheersquad. I went with my girlfriend and her mum who had to buy tickets and were wearing north gear (i used my Membership to get in so i didn't queue with them) and they were asked if they wanted to sit in/around the north cheersquad. So Etihad were encouraging north supporters to sit there. Makes sense and they looked great in blue from where i was sitting (level 3 behind saints cheersquad goals).

Don't have a problem with the saints cheersquad - if i did it would be up to me to join and try and fix the problem myself.

People can leave if they choose. I have no problem with it but i always stay till the bitter end... even the 2010 GF replay... doh...

HelenR
Club Player

Just finished watching the replay. Have to say that at the end where the cheersquad sit that block behind the goals had the most people left. It was all the reserved seating around that was empty, pretty much like the level 1 wing and the first 6 or so rows up on level 3. It seems like every time the Saints lose the cheersquad get bagged. I think the Saints crowd in general was very poor.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Oh, for pete's sake, the Frankston line was running on a bus replacement service. Everyone I know drove in, including me and my family. But, if people have issues getting a lift to the match or don't own a car, etc, there was no way for St Kilda people living on Frankston line to get in. TBH I thought our support was quite good considering the transport issues on the day.
And for those johnny-come-latelies commenting on the so called surprisingly large number of North's cheersquad, let me illuminate you: North have ALWAYS had a huge cheersquad, but not many numbers of supporters oustide of this.
North were the team of the 90s, after all you know, and have threatened to improve this year and their supporters, many of whom live along the Werribee line turned up en masse, which they should have been doing all along. I reckon St Kilda's support base is pretty resilient considering all the absolute garbage we've had to suffer. Way more than North's, who always seem to be tagged with the moniker of being 'rusted on' - which is garbage. Glory hunters. Wait and see where they are at the end of the year when this flash in the pan is done and dusted.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well said Samurai!!!!!!