A request for support from the other St Kilda Football Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildacityfc

A request for support from the other St Kilda Football Club

I'm writing this email in my capacity as President of the St Kilda City Football Club. We compete in Division 1 of the Southern Football League and have enjoyed recent premiership success in 2009, 2010 (seniors) and 2011 (colts). Our home ground is the Peanut Farm Reserve in St Kilda, nestled behind Acland Street - just a couple of kicks from Luna Park. With 65 years of continuous operation you could consider us the second team of St Kilda! Many of our loyal followers are passionate St Kilda supporters in the AFL and we were the original club of saints star Brett Bowey.

As passionate St Kilda followers I'd like you to consider the following:

1. If you can't make it to interstate games or the saints aren't playing on a Saturday you can drop by the St Kilda City Football Club for your saints football fix. St Kilda City play in Division 1 of the Southern Football League and play their games at the Peanut Farm Reserve on Blessington Street in St Kilda. Our fixture can be found online here - http://www.stkildacity.com (under the Football > Fixture menu)

2. Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/StKildaCityFC and give us a like to show your support of grass roots footy

These small gestures by St Kilda Football Club supporters would help increase our exposure, and assist us in attracting sponsors and larger crowds to our home games. Another 100 people would make a big difference to us!

Just a minor effort on your part will make a major impact at our end.

Thanks for your time and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Shaun

--
Shaun Cotter
President
St Kilda City Football Club
e: info@stkildacity.com

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: A request for support from the other St Kilda Football C

Commitments and the tyranny of distance would prevent me attending any of your games unfortunately.

But I wish you luck in boosting your support and have now "liked" your FB page for what it's worth :)

StGoddard18
Club Player

I played at the peanut farm a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice ground to play on. I loved hearing Luna Park in the background :)

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
Siposstar#2
Club Player

Do they need players? Looking for a new club!

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
stkildacityfc

We're always on the look-out for new players. Training is on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:00pm

Feel free to drop in for a kick.

P.S. Don't forget to give us a Like on Facebook if you're a Facebook user - https://www.facebook.com/StKildaCityFC

The Jeff
Club Player

stkildacityfc wrote:We're always on the look-out for new players. Training is on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:00pm

Feel free to drop in for a kick.

P.S. Don't forget to give us a Like on Facebook if you're a Facebook user - https://www.facebook.com/StKildaCityFC
Consider yourself liked on Facebook. Looking forward to following your progress.

Best of luck for the rest of the year!

FQF
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

You may have St Kilda in your name but sorry go St Pauls. Closer to our previous base and a few ormond guys are there. Maybe that is why they are struggling this year.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I will try to get to a couple of games, I remember Brett Bowey came from St Kilda city. I thought he was going to be as good as Harves.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I will try to get to a couple of games, I remember Brett Bowey came from St Kilda city. I thought he was going to be as good as Harves.
who?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
gringo wrote:I will try to get to a couple of games, I remember Brett Bowey came from St Kilda city. I thought he was going to be as good as Harves.
who?
He was an old school player that never went on with it. Looked like he had some skills. A bit before your time you young whipper snapper.

stkildacityfc

gringo wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
who?
He was an old school player that never went on with it. Looked like he had some skills. A bit before your time you young whipper snapper.
Check out his stats here - http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/play ... Bowey.html

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

stkildacityfc wrote:(We) have enjoyed recent premiership success in 2009, 2010 (seniors)
Bit of irony there, I was following the wrong St Kilda. I used to live opposite the Peanut Farm so I will hit like on your Facebook page.

Pls let STKFC know if you need an old, slow ruck/forward. Ripping bloke and great clubman.

Sorry Kos, just kidding

HelenR
Club Player

Didn't Bill Mildenhall play for St Kilda City as well?

The darkness
Club Player

Great to see City using this forum as a means to greater exposure and a wider supporter base. Just another great initiative taken by the club to move onward and upward .
I'll be popping down to watch the boys at the hallowed ground for the game against East Brighton as I'll be in Melbs that weekend to see Saints vs Magpies ( might see you at that game too Cotts) .
Anyways keep up the great work !! Go the Mighty City !!
D.P son of the Wilsta

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:You may have St Kilda in your name but sorry go St Pauls. Closer to our previous base and a few ormond guys are there. Maybe that is why they are struggling this year.
Merging with East Bentleigh just to get Andrew Manning to the club says a bit about the Dogies.

Club Player

Played a few games for the City back in the day......and now Liked on Facebook.

Would like to get down to a game or two.....but now following the mighty Scoresby Magpies in the EFL (well mainly the U/19s).....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!