Time to load up?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Time to load up?

The loss to Richmond is perfectly timed as far as betting odds on the flag go..time to load up a coupla hungy on the mighty sainters for the flag? You could do a lot worse..!
My hawthorn mate called it over a pre match beer. (he is completely unconvinced by the hawks btw). He was telling me i should be praying for a loss so I could load up on the saints as it will be the longest they'll be for the rest of the season!

SainterK?? Thoughts??

#1 Ryder fan
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to load up?

You would get outstanding odds but it is so hard to bet on this season, if any team has a bad couple of long term injuries their stocks will fall quickly. Hawks looked gone for a while so did geelong. Collingwood started slowly but now look good, Freo aren't even gone yet. If your brave enough good on you. Bulldog beat Sydney today and the odds shift again?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:The loss to Richmond is perfectly timed as far as betting odds on the flag go..time to load up a coupla hungy on the mighty sainters for the flag? You could do a lot worse..!
My hawthorn mate called it over a pre match beer. (he is completely unconvinced by the hawks btw). He was telling me i should be praying for a loss so I could load up on the saints as it will be the longest they'll be for the rest of the season!

SainterK?? Thoughts??
i have been thinking along similar lines the last 48 hours....

with no stand out sides - injuries are going to be the KEY factor to decide this years flag.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:The loss to Richmond is perfectly timed as far as betting odds on the flag go..time to load up a coupla hungy on the mighty sainters for the flag? You could do a lot worse..!

SainterK?? Thoughts??

with no stand out sides - injuries are going to be the KEY factor to decide this years flag.

I reckon the position on the ladder is pretty important and we now cant finish top 4 unless we win 11 of our last 12. it isnt going to happen but a top 8 finish would be a good year. need to win 7 of our last 12 to have a chance though. Even that will be very tough.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

SainterK?? Thoughts??

I reckon the position on the ladder is pretty important and we now cant finish top 4 unless we win 11 of our last 12. it isnt going to happen but a top 8 finish would be a good year. need to win 7 of our last 12 to have a chance though. Even that will be very tough.
If we finish in the 8 then I think the coaching staff will have done a very good job, in fact I am impressed with watters who did come into a tough job with the list being tired, and of course the Lyon fiasco. If we finish in the 8 with that and the injuries it will be a good result. That then gives watters another preseason and draft to build his team and gameplan

I love this club
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

lyon gave us 3 shots at the GF. if we kicked straight in GF1 and if we rolled the dice a little earlier in GF 2, GF 3 was a case of WTF, but we'd have tripled our premiership trophies had the players done the right thing.
Watters is doing fine, but lyon did well by the saints.
A bit of luck rolling our way and we'd be 8 and 2 not 5/5. But it didn't and we didn't take our chances and now must wear the consequences of approaching the second half of the season and a slightly harder draw with more than we have given so far.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

why should it be all about what might have been with matches lost so far....every team has lost matches that they should have won. It's amazing what hunger and belief can achieve....What about the current teams in top 4 - Essendon and West Coast getting rolled by the bottom teams this week? And Port, smashing Bluscum

If Saints have the hunger and the courage to have a crack at September, then they know the price that has to be paid and the players know that it's in their hands....Hawks are vulnerable we've seen that....Collingwood have proven to be vulnerable with quite a few injury woes...not sure if Pendlebury will be back as early as the club is saying he will. You never know what can happen and I continue to hope that we can remain injury free and in devastating form, where it counts, at the right time of year