Clinton Jones

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

felix
Club Player

Clinton Jones

He has been much maligned in the past has our Clinton,I think it may be because half the time he looks a bit awkward.
I think he has improved his game considerably, apart from the port game and the demons game his disposal efficiency for the other games is around 80 % , I think that is pretty good and has shown great improvement . Tough , fast , big ticker .

Legendary
Club Player

Re: Clinton Jones

He is helped by the fact that we have a more skilful team now - instead of being surrounded by guys like Eddy, McQualter, Baker, Dawson and Peake, and having them dish the ball off to him (which puts his own disposal under pressure), he now has guys like Milera, Saad, Cripps, Siposs and Simpkin, who all use the footy a lot better.

Every side needs one bloke like CJ who does his solid tagging job and occasionally turns it over. You just can't carry 6 of them.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Does a magnificent job 99% of the time.

However due to his well known deficiencies (kicking) he'll always remain one of those players who's greatly admired when the team's winning and who's bagged when they're losing.

Foz
Club Player

His one handed pick up off the deck at CHB and sprint away was a dead set highlight.

Kicking never pretty and I almost wore a high floater out of bounce in Q4. Yikes!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

His mental toughness and his ability to tag some of the best midfielders and do it for 4 quarters has earnt the respect of the footy world. He is not easily replaced. Clinton Jones is not a passenger.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

His kicking is no worse than Grams or Gilberts and he can cut out a opp player regularly .. CJ is super important

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/