Lenny Hayes is Jesus

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Lenny Hayes is Jesus

Lenny Hayes is the greatest human being I've ever seen associated with the St.Kilda Football Club.

I get the feeling that Doc Baldock, and also Alan Jeans, were men on a similar elevated plane of existence, but I never really got to know them the way I know Lenny, and there is no doubting the fact that he is a spiritually strong man, a morally superior man to the average person like you and me. Riewoldt is all heart, he bleeds red white & black and his soul is pure, he's an A+, but still, he's not without his flaws.

But Lenny Hayes is utterly perfect in every way, shape and form.

http://www.saints.com.au/video%20%20aud ... #playvideo

"Will you keep playing next year," asks a journo.
"Only if both the club and I feel I can still contribute, because I wouldn't want to hold one of the kids back," answers this humble spiritual football god in all honesty, without a trace of arrogance even though he is without doubt the single best and most valuable player on our team and has been for 5 or more years. Lenny Hayes is the leader of this team. Nothing against Roo, but he's not the true leader of the team. He's more the figurehead of the brand.

2010 - "Oh, how will the saints cope without Roo, he's their most valuable player, they're gone without him!" -FAIL
2011- "Well, they won't really miss Hayes, they've got plenty of midfield rotations, it will hurt them but not much" -WRONG AGAIN!!!

There is a reason we looked s*** last year and why we look good now and in '09, and that reason is his holiness. Lenny Hayes is the true captain of this team, goddammit, because Lenny's spirit is directly connected to a higher realm of being, and when he is on the ground, every single other player on our team lifts because they want to win for him, they want to win with him, they are inspired by him, as is every one else in the football world, even people who don't like St.Kilda, through one-eyed goggles, when they see Lenny Hayes talk or play or see "the way he goes about it," they start to admire him and like him and aspire to be more like him and they want to follow him because he is simply that damn good. He's awesome. He inspires awe. Jesus would have been like Lenny Hayes

A journo asks, "It's clear that you're universally respected even amongst players on other teams, and we don't really see that much at all, is there any reason you think this may be, why do you think this is the case?"
This question is a little demon springing forth and attacking this spiritual force of good that is Lenny, daring him to accept the statement, daring him to believe that he really is that good, that he really is better than others, that he really is holier than though. But Lenny's continued awareness and occupation of a higher plane of reality can not be dislodged.
"Nah, I don't think there's any real reason or truth in that, it's probably just because I'm a bit older and slower and that they feel sorry for me," he says with humour but also with an undercut of seriousness that tells of a hardened warrior who is peerless with regards to rising to and thriving on a contest. When the team starts to play worse, Lenny Hayes start to play better. When we go out to war, Lenny Hayes is right there at the coalface, winning the contests and dramatically altering how good we are as a team from right there in the guts of the game. Roo can't have as much effect as Lenny. No one can. He is our biggest match-winner. Of all the players on our team, he is the most capable of changing the outcome of a game. His presence in the team is more valuable than any other players presence in the team. He is our best player.

I met him once in the off-season. I was a bussy picking up glasses at a club in the city, and I saw him sitting at a table out the back with some women. This was in the summer before the '04 season.
"Are you Lenny Hayes," I ask.
He's embarrassed to be noticed but it's him.
He's smaller than I expected, but he's solid as a rock.
I'm elated. My favorite player right here in front of me! I lavish it on him, all my passion for St.Kilda, my unrelenting burning desire to see us win a flag, I spill my emotional St.Kilda guts to him, I want him to know how much it would mean to me to see him and the team win a flag, I beg him to win a flag for me for several minutes. He acknowledges my passion and promises to do his best. I go and get him some free shots of tequila. The ladies around him aren't too thrilled that I got him the shots and don't exactly encourage him to drink it, and he's really debating whether or not he should drink it, but I guess I kind of peer pressure him into having it by telling him how much I love him and that 'it's all good you'll be sweet one shot won't hurt it's the off-season' etc. He drinks it and it's clear that he's very un-experienced in the drinking of tequila shots.

I worried that maybe I might have been a bad influence, but little did I realize at the time that I had been in the direct presence of Jesus Christ himself, and that nothing, not me, not some journo, not the devil himself, could sway this righteous holy man from his righteous holy path.

Lenny Hayes should be made captain next year and play for another 5 years.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
andrewg
Club Player

Re: Lenny Hayes is Jesus

Either Lenny or Seal one of them is Jesus

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id say you scared him.

you scare me.

“Yeah….nah””
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

My kitchen....

Bring back the Lockett era
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Straight shooting with Jesus Hayes...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Yeah i don't know what his plans are when he retires but I hope he stays on in sone coaching role! He is a great St Kilda person.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Great player, champion..... But disagree with some of that.

As great as he's been, and as highly respected as he is.... He has been our second best player over the last decade. Not that thats to be scoffed at, but its just a fact.

In 2009 we had the all Australian captain. Who was rated the second best player in the AFL. Rated the best in 2004.

Why would we make a 33yo captain. How would Lenny being captain make 1 iota of difference to team performance.... Would he play better, would the team play better if he had a (c) next to his name?? Seriously

He is a club great, probably legend..... So will Nick Riewoldt.... The third best saint I've seen

Goddard, Dal, Fisher will go down as champions also..... But a rung below Roo and Lenny

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Great player, champion..... But disagree with some of that.

As great as he's been, and as highly respected as he is.... He has been our second best player over the last decade. Not that thats to be scoffed at, but its just a fact.

In 2009 we had the all Australian captain. Who was rated the second best player in the AFL. Rated the best in 2004.

Why would we make a 33yo captain. How would Lenny being captain make 1 iota of difference to team performance.... Would he play better, would the team play better if he had a (c) next to his name?? Seriously

He is a club great, probably legend..... So will Nick Riewoldt.... The third best saint I've seen

Goddard, Dal, Fisher will go down as champions also..... But a rung below Roo and Lenny
Difference is one performed extraordinarily on the biggest of stages, whilst the other went missing,3 times

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did Lenny go 'missing' after qtr time 2009??

Or in the GF replay??

Did Nick perform well, and was almost the reason we played in the GFs after his prelim finals

Was Nick poor in all three games?? Was 2009 really suited to key Fwds???

Are we judging players who have played 470 games combined by their GF outings???

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Did Lenny go 'missing' after qtr time 2009??

Or in the GF replay??

Did Nick perform well, and was almost the reason we played in the GFs after his prelim finals

Was Nick poor in all three games?? Was 2009 really suited to key Fwds???

Are we judging players who have played 470 games combined by their GF outings???

Hardly went missing after quarter time,was still serviceable after tearing the game to shreds in the first quarter. His blonde mate wasn't sited all day. He had nothing left to give in GF2 after playing the most kamikaze game of football ever seen,was blatantly obvious to those that attended. Nick was putrid again the following week in A1 conditions for a forward

Nick Raph and lenny got us in in 09. Roo can hardly be given the reason for us making it in 2010.

At the end of the day Roo was an exceptional player,but over rated. Lenny has given more to our clubs cause,and is still delivering of the highest output,whilst others have been on the decline for quite some time...

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Great player, champion..... But disagree with some of that.

Totally respect your opinion, but I beg to differ...

Roo has significant flaws in his game, whereas Lenny is well rounded without any significant flaws.

Everybody seems to accept that Lenny is the "spiritual" captain of the team. Would you agree? Sure, I don't think that just because he has a (c) beside his name means that he'll play any better, but it's simply a matter of making sure that the right positions are filled by the absolute best possible person for the job. How many times have we seen the team deflate like a balloon when Roo misses a set shot from 30 out straight in front or when Roo makes a mistake? There is far too much pressure on Roo, and quite frankly, he's not as equipped to deal that pressure as well as Lenny. It would be better for the overall balance and chemistry of the team if Lenny was captain. Just as Hawthorn recognized Hodge as the true leader of Hawthorn and made him captain, so too should the same be done at St.Kilda.

Granted, his age is the one factor weighing in against the argument, but I've no doubt that, barring any really bad luck (which no one is impervious too), he can go at least another 3 years. He's a freak, and he learnt his method from another freak, one Sir Robert Harvey, who could have gone on another year.

In the history books, Roo might go down as a better player. But there are certain esoteric truths in this world that only a certain few truly know and understand, while the rest of the world goes on believing something else, and this is one of them...

Of course Roo rates well in journos player ratings and glitz and glamour awards - he's a glamour player. When Riewoldt goes well, everyone stands up and takes notice and is quick to herald him as a champion, because he's an attractive footballer. The vast amount of tremendous work that Lenny does on the field, on the other hand, goes largely unnoticed. The 1 percenters, the shepherds, blocks, tackles, the fearless attacks into contests that cause the ball to spill in the direction of our players that don't register a stat but which have more influence on a match than the person who finally kicks the goal as a result of his contest.

As a matter of principle he should be made captain. If Roo stands down at year's end it would be a travesty of justice if Lenny is not at least given the first offer at captaincy, which he may well reject anyway...

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I reckon with Roo's career we need to look at his impact to the team throughout his 200+ games, and I guarantee you he's been more influentual in games he's played and in our winning culture than any other player during his time at the Saints. Add to that Roo's impact as the captain during the Lyon years and his amazing leadership which has influenced and helped the team scale the heights, and I believe the fact that Roo has troubled so many opposition clubs is part of the reason he's a victim of 'tall poppy syndrome'. Don't just focus on the poor games or the you tube incidents that the opposition supporters want to highlight.

When Harley retired from the Cats, that's when Lingy was annointed. Before that, I remeber in recent history that Nathan Buckley retired and Pies made Scott Burns captain. They held off on appointing any younger blokes and then Burns retired after that one and only season and then they made Maxwell the captain.

I don't think Lenny will get the job if Roo is still around and I don't think we'll be appointing Lenny as captain in 2013. He's good enough to play on next year and that is obvious, but I think Saints will look to BennyMac or Sam Fisher if both Lenny and Roo are no longer at the club. Anyhooo.....Do it 4 Lenny this week Saintaz. Love ya courage Lenny

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i would of made him captain a few years ago

god

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Lenny is Jesus?

Jesus only came along two thou years ago. If you make him God, he's at least got a few more miles under his legs.

We all know Lenny can go few thousand years more.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

That makes Tony Lockett his dad...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lenny is a champ but he certainly shouldnt be Captain of our club again. As for who is better bteween Rooy and Lenny well why does there have to be a correct answer. They are both champs. I reckon people class favourite as also best. Lenny is my favourite player since Plugger. Lenny and Rooy are equal best since Plugger.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Imagine how good he'd be if he didn't play in sandals  :wink:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Imagine how good he'd be if he didn't play in sandals  :wink:
And that robe, what is with that robe?

Surely the real Jesus would have kicked a goal and not a point in that grand final?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Lenny Hayes is the greatest human being I've ever seen associated with the St.Kilda Football Club.
everything you say in this post is so over the top that i feel like i should disagree - but i can't. the guy is a legend and my favourite player of all time.

not sure that he should be captain though. he's the spiritual leader, let's leave it at that.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

This thread is not just a little bit creepy.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SaintlySaint85
Club Player

jonesy wrote:My kitchen....

did you score this from the AFL stand redevelopment? Jealous mate!

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

stevie wrote:That makes Tony Lockett his dad...

Agreed.

I don't even want to talk about Lockett, because words cannot possibly come anywhere near describing the truth of his genius.

Lockett is God's father.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Is Milne the Easter Bunny?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:

Agreed.

I don't even want to talk about Lockett, because words cannot possibly come anywhere near describing the truth of his genius.

Lockett is God's father.
Think we might be getting off track here…

Lenny is an amazing football talent, but also a genuine good bloke,

Lockett and Ablett & Carey for that matter… although amazing at catching and kicking a football around, none of them could be described as good blokes, though plugs has nothing on the other two, was a grumpy bastard.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:

Agreed.

Lockett is God's father.
I thought Banger was! He played long enough!

To misquote John Lennon:

'Imagine there's no Lenny'

'Man, that's hard to do'

'No more clutch goals from the fifty'

'No more candy selling too'

'Imagine all the young fans...crying cos number 7's gone'

'yoohoo, hoo...you may say I'm a dreamer'

'but that just goes with being a Saint'

'I hope some day we'll win another flag'

'No more SS forum mass debate'...