Kosi non existent today!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Kosi non existent today!

Kosi non existent today! He was being that badly beaten and he stopped having a go at different stages, then gave away the usual dozen frees and the occasional 50! The guy is a complete loss at times!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi non existent today!

Shame we had to take him from where he was flourishing.

Would rather Blake rucks most of next week, Kosi and Roo back creating spills in the F50for the running smalls.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No so much the other week???

He was beaten by much better opponents

Buckets
SS Life Member

To be honest. He was barely in the 50 today with Stanley going down.

That 50 would have to have been the softest I have ever seen!!!!!!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kosi should never ruck more than 10 minutes a quarter. Sounds mean but he is really a very dumb ruckman but the problem is he is only marginally worse than Blake. People complain about frees to the WCE ruckmen today but they were all pretty much there. The value of Ben is shown without him.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Forward who can pinch hit in the ruck,up against some good bigs today

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ben would have been belted also....

We do not have anyone to compete with two genuine 1st ruckman

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ben would have been belted also....

That is true but he wouldnt have given away silly frees which gives clean possesion out of the middle.

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Ben would have been belted also....

That is true but he wouldnt have given away silly frees which gives clean possesion out of the middle.

Although he isn't the best in terms of rucking, I honestly thought that he was hard done by in some of the frees that were given against him.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Agree Plugger but ben is a long long behind being able to match either of there ruckman. Ben is good at dropping back and helping out in our other weakness tall defenders but as a pure ruckmen he is very slow and very ordinary.

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

Justin Koschitzke- He's such a barrometre for how well the saints are faring is'nt he.

I agree with the -'Kosi not our best choice for ruck position' argument.

If not McEvoy or Stanley, I wish Roo was played in ruck position, i seriously think he'd be great. He's far less likely to make glaring errors or give away free kicks. Then we can leave Kos on the forward line.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Usual complete lack of discipline from the big dud again. The game is on the line in the last quarter and he can't help himself, just has to give away a stupid 50 to completely stop our run at a possible win.

Pity he can't be dropped because we've run out of talls. I bet Watters wishes he'd left him out the other week when he should have.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Usual complete lack of discipline from the big dud again. The game is on the line in the last quarter and he can't help himself, just has to give away a stupid 50 to completely stop our run at a possible win.

Pity he can't be dropped because we've run out of talls. I bet Watters wishes he'd left him out the other week when he should have.
Biding your time, you just had to wait 8 weeks.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Usual complete lack of discipline from the big dud again. The game is on the line in the last quarter and he can't help himself, just has to give away a stupid 50 to completely stop our run at a possible win.

Biding your time, you just had to wait 8 weeks.
You trying to say he's been disciplined in his play this year?

I don't mind players that give away dumb free kicks every week contesting the ball, but I do object to a bloke who is probably having his best year in the last ten years giving away 50 metre penalties every week and stupidly getting himself rubbed out. I call that lack of discipline. I'm sure you know I've given him credit where it's due, and I'm also sure you know I've been critical of his lack of discipline.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I thought he was harshly dealt with by the umpires, Blake as well....they were up against Cox and Nic-Nat in the ruck and if that wasn't enough opposition, the umpires jumped on board (and you will note I never really mention the umpiring)

I don't like a lack of discipline, but I also don't like Kosi running around the ground all day either...has proven this year that he belongs in the 50, and should stay there and only play bursts in the ruck nothing more than say 25%

Blake hopefully can ruck most of next week, and Kosi can continue to trouble defences...

You called him a dud, I called you on it....it's just not neccessary.

defacto
Club Player

kozi did well today. blake was amazing. those guys are playing well and shouldnt be dropped.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I thought he was harshly dealt with by the umpires, Blake as well....they were up against Cox and Nic-Nat in the ruck and if that wasn't enough opposition, the umpires jumped on board (and you will note I never really mention the umpiring)

I don't like a lack of discipline, but I also don't like Kosi running around the ground all day either...has proven this year that he belongs in the 50, and should stay there and only play bursts in the ruck nothing more than say 25%

Blake hopefully can ruck most of next week, and Kosi can continue to trouble defences...

You called him a dud, I called you on it....it's just not neccessary.
Facts are facts. He is what he is and Scott should have stuck to his guns when he said Kosi was out for disciplinary reasons.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:kozi did well today. blake was amazing. those guys are playing well and shouldnt be dropped.
Kosi did well :O He was terrible.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

He did his job FFS he is taking on one of the strongest ruck combos in the history of the game.. Cut the big fella some slack as for silly frees when you are getting destroyed by doing things within the rules you can't blame him for trying .. As for saying he gave up seriously give yourself an uppercut all the boys everyone of them gave their all today they just met a stronger side

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Said it before and I'll say it again, Kosi is a B grade Ruck at best. Provides a contest, but nothing more. Unfortunately, he's our best option until further notice.

He's a forward who can pinch hint in the ruck, but has limitations in that position.

Bad management is bad management
ace
Saintsational Legend

Armitage, Milera and Saad were also squished out of existence.
Beau Wilkes is really Mal Weakes.

All these players needed to double their output.

But it was the seven goals to their rucks that killed us.
Talls must be tall and giants must to be giant.

Despite being totally mauled in the ruck our mids broke even in clearances.
Imagine how they would perform playing to a winning ruck.
But dreams are not reality.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:He did his job FFS he is taking on one of the strongest ruck combos in the history of the game.. Cut the big fella some slack as for silly frees when you are getting destroyed by doing things within the rules you can't blame him for trying .. As for saying he gave up seriously give yourself an uppercut all the boys everyone of them gave their all today they just met a stronger side
I take your opinion Trav, most people at the game said he worked hard all day against one of the modern day greats and the umpires.

That being said, I do hope Blake can take more contests next week (I assume Sydney will go in with only Pyke) leaving Kosi in the F50 more.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Trying hard is how I see him, but a Ruckman he is not. He has no idea at throw-ins, but will no doubt get lots of coaching this week on "technique."

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:He did his job FFS he is taking on one of the strongest ruck combos in the history of the game.. Cut the big fella some slack as for silly frees when you are getting destroyed by doing things within the rules you can't blame him for trying .. As for saying he gave up seriously give yourself an uppercut all the boys everyone of them gave their all today they just met a stronger side
How many marks did he take or goals did he kick? The guy is a flat track bully that as soon as his opponent can match him for size or stenght he packs it in. Very poor effort IMO....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
How many marks did he take or goals did he kick? The guy is a flat track bully that as soon as his opponent can match him for size or stenght he packs it in. Very poor effort IMO....
How many goals did Maxy kick in his carreer ?? Very simplistic narrow view you have of the game of footy I bet you one of those " just kick it long" people who have no idea how the game is played ... Kosi was always going to be in for a tough day as the back up ruck but to then be called on to lead the ruck honestly what do you expect from him ? To beat cox and kick 5 ??? Show me any forward in the comp who when put in Kosi's role yesterday to do that against Cox .. Come on ! Name one forward who could have beaten Cox .. Yeah you got nothing .. Maybe learn about the game before posting

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/