Who takes the Blues Ruckmen resting forward?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Who takes the Blues Ruckmen resting forward?

For the first time this week we shall have opposition with dangerous ruckmen resting deep forward.

I know I will get many people disagreeeing but Kosi should get the job - despite kicking 5 from Full Forward last week.

This week Blake (v Kruezer) and Stanley (v Hampson) ruck.

If Blake is given the job as the defender on the resting ruckmen, Kruezer will kick 4 and Hampson 2.

This also opens the door for Wilkes at full forward.

Just my opinion.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who takes the Blues Ruckmen resting forward?

we are one tall defender short. we will get opened up badly.
only option is to go tall in our fwd line and have a shoot out and hope our midfield wins. easier said than done against murphy and judd im afraid. chuck wilkes kosi roo fwd. use stanley in the ruck.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Kosi may be an option, purely because I dont think he will be too involved this game down forward. Supply will be low to our forward line unless our mids step up, made a ton worse given they will be playing behind without us having a proper ruck. Judd has had a rest last week so will be raring to go.

If our stars step up and we dont turn the ball over as much they could maybe drag us over the line by a few points. Though I hope I am wrong and we spank them by 10goals.

noob
Club Player

Blake. He would be a natural.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Can we import the "Moorabbin Mud" onto Collo'a sacred turf?

That may help....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
battye
Saintsational Legend

Stanley?
As an attacking defender option. With his pace he could be damaging the other way... whoever is resting forward would have to be accountable.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'm just glad that we let Zac, who is ideally suited to that job, walk out the door, while making sure we signed up the likes of Peake, Ray and so on, at the end of last year. We did some good trading and drafting at the end of last year, but that was certainly not our smartest work, IMO.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Blake is the perfect match up... Both Kruezer and Hampson are not overly dangerous forward... Hampson may clunk one or 2, but that will happen regardless of the matchup.. Generally contested pack marks are hard to defend no matter the direct opponent... 1 or 2 may stick... The rest of the time, Blake will have their measure...

I'm not a fan of Blake re-solidifying his spot in the side, I think its time to phase him out, but this week he's a lock...

Just dont play Blake on Waite... Simpkin is the man for that job this week... Waite normally towels us, lets hope Simpkin can beat him..