That bat-eared boundary umpire

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

That bat-eared boundary umpire

Godddard snaps a goal. Gold Coast claims they touched it. Video referral. Inconclusive. The goal stands.

But wait ... the boundary umpire heard the ball getting touched. Heard it striking Gold Coast fingertips.

Result: one point to Goddard.

Well, next time a football grazes the top of the post, let's just hope this same boundary umpire is there to hear it!

My God, what if he'd been there for Hawkins' snap at the 2009 GF! "No goal, sir -- I heard the woodwork vibrating!"

In fact, Channel Nine should hire this dude for the cricket. Who needs "snick" technology when this guy can hear a dandelion fall from the other side of a meadow?

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Re: That bat-eared boundary umpire

Absolute disgrace.

The video was inconclusive.

I so disgusted at the time i pissed my pants.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
supersaints
Club Player

Watching it on tv ( I live interstate now) it appeared the commentators (almost all ex bulldogs) made the claim they could see one of the defenders fingers bend back in the slow mo ( an absolute joke the image was all fuzzy it looked lime he had twenty five fingers)
Then they went on to claim that it touched the post and how could the goal umpire miss it from two feet away. from the angle on tv, it was impossible to see. The guy upstairs heard their comments and I'm almost positive, told the miked
Field umps that the commentaters said it had touched the post... Hows zatt !
We will be the first club to loose a game with this crap it's already cost us almost every time they use it ( and get it wrong) to screw us once again.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I was on the ground level near the GC cheer squad and had just had a conversation with the gate attendant who said he'd never heard the place so quiet in the 8 years he'd worked there, after we could hear Sammy Fisher calling for the ball as he ran forward up the ground. I was about 4 meters from that kick at the most and I certainly didn't hear jack but the sound of boot to ball. He is a straight out liar. The ground was quiet and as soon as he kicked the crowd came to life. There was absolutely no second noise. Corrupt or a bleeding heart for a s*** footy club. Again we lose the free kick count with bizarre decision going against us.

hAyES
Club Player

What bothers me the most isn't the flog that thought he heard a touch it's that if the video is inconclusive it's a behind? They should follow what the NFL do which is if there isn't conclusive evidence to overturn the original decision then the original call should stand. That's so obvious and it's frustrating that now we can use video and they still get it wrong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If the boundary umpires hears it, he hears it. What is wrong with that?

Sorry I worked out what was wrong with it. It didnt favour us.

The Craw
Club Player

hAyES wrote:What bothers me the most isn't the flog that thought he heard a touch it's that if the video is inconclusive it's a behind? They should follow what the NFL do which is if there isn't conclusive evidence to overturn the original decision then the original call should stand. That's so obvious and it's frustrating that now we can use video and they still get it wrong.
the original call was a point.

Not Craw, CRAW!