Time to get a little excited

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Time to get a little excited

Forget the scoreline what excites me about this victory is the way we went about it and the way the new boys played. Milera, Cripps drifted in and out Newnes yes even Ledger. Clint Jones showed a marked improvement as a tagger. Sure Ablett was magnificent but to my mind Jones did alright. What I liked was the contested ball improvement. We had our foot on the the throat of the GCS and didn't take it off until the final siren. It seems that finally the team might have listened to the coach and carried out his instructions. Of course the real test will be against the Hawks, the Magpies, the Blues and the Cats. But no-one can say we didn't fight for the Sherrin. Lots of tackles, good balance of kicks and handballs. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Someone has already posted that the Saints today looked a lot like 09. If he's right then we are in for a cracker season. I must confess I am a little excited. Haven't mentioned Goddard, Roo, Steven, Milne, Montagna or Kosi or any of the guys we know can play. They were of course magnificent. Lenny what a champ! Also should mention I like the fact that Stanley is improving and Wilkes kicked five for the twos. I am excited !!!!!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to get a little excited

damienc wrote: I am excited !!!!!!
Keep a lid on it until we beat Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn or Carlton :wink:

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

im excited , only saw us chip it around for a couple of mins just before half time .
whilst turnovers cost us some goals . it was nice to see none of that boring shite we've been playing the last few years .

In red white and black from 73
gringo
Saintsational Legend

It was good to see why you don't play just kids, Gold Coast fans wouldn't find much joy in that. Our youth was exciting and our core solid. It makes the young guys walk taller when they have a back up. Good mix for tonight match, enough future and enough past.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

settle.....its GC...

“Yeah….nah””
battye
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:settle.....its GC...
Agreed. Good to see some solid individual performances but that's it IMO.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I thought Ledger favoured his right side a bit too much on a couple of ocassions.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:settle.....its GC...
Exactly. Was a good performance but far from great.

On tonight's efforts I'm reasonably confident we can beat Footscray.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm excited by 13 goal kickers, and some guys playing into some form....Lenny, BJ, Armo, Roo

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:it was nice to see none of that boring shite we've been playing the last few years .
Amen to that!

More than happy to see Fremantle inherit that style of game 8-)

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Some of the stuff was a bit of a throw back....some of the Lenny and Dal quick movement......

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

We're still not good enough in both contested footy and centre clearances and would't be able to match it with the top teams...Sorry nothings changed.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

GC are one of the more highly rated clearance teams (thanks largely to Gazza) in the AFL.... It's was a good effort to smash them....

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

they certainly must have had a decent kick up the arse after last weeks effort, our contested ball and tackles looked fair dinkum.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Men against boys this evening but a good performance and quite a handy jump in percentage. Liked the effort and energy, except for the lapse heading into half time. I feel they'll be better for another run. Nice to see young guys cracking in with 5 minutes left desperate to play again next week... Tommy Simpkin. Terry... classy footballer.

Schneider will add a bit when he returns. Gram... depending on which Jason Gram turns up to play will get a chance as well... Saady... I wonder when his chance will come and Gwilty... give him 10 games I suppose before he starts to play good footy again. Still not throwing the baby out with the bath water just yet. Joey probably the only real concern... Glad he started on the bench because his mediocre effort against Port was one of the reasons we gave that one away last week.

I thought the 3 talls Stanley, Macca and Kosi worked really, really well. In fact I know the stats may say otherwise but I loved Kosi's game tonight.... I was so happy for him to kick a goal at the end of the match because it was well earned. Crashed many a pack and caused lots of spills... Could have quite easily kicked 5 tonight.

Gary Ablett.... By far and away the best player in the competition. It really was St.Kilda vs Gary Ablett tonight. I'll head to the MCG tomorrow to watch the poos and wees play the pussies and see if I see anything that suggests that we're in the same ball park.

Already hanging out for next week against the Doggies now. A real chance for the lads to string a few together now.