Shame Job

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Shame Job

Losing to that pack of rabble. I hope everyone concerned in that team, and responsible for team selection has hung their head.

Fringe kicks are easy to get, its the pack ball that counts, and we were never hard enough at it.

Rather watch the entire Sandy team take on our AFL opponents, at least they would have tried.

I've waited 24 hours to give feedback, in the hope that I might have cooled down, but that performance was a disgrace.

Redemption is winning the next six in a row, nothing less.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
thequarry
Club Player

Re: Shame Job

He's only played two games but I really thought losing Ledger before the first bounce hurt us. He's the exact kind of player we lacked yesterday - no questions when attacking the footy and at the bottom of every pack.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:Losing to that pack of rabble. I hope everyone concerned in that team, and responsible for team selection has hung their head.

Fringe kicks are easy to get, its the pack ball that counts, and we were never hard enough at it.

Rather watch the entire Sandy team take on our AFL opponents, at least they would have tried.

I've waited 24 hours to give feedback, in the hope that I might have cooled down, but that performance was a disgrace.

Redemption is winning the next six in a row, nothing less.
Agreed entirely and for the first time in a long, long time i am almost ashamed of the club i support.

What was worse than losing to a crappy team was playing at their crappy level and looking at home doing so.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If Port beat the Bombers? :P

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

As I posted elsewhere in another thread - substitute 2011 for 2012, and substitute E-Girls for Port...

If you are really keen, substitute 1997 for 2012, then hold your nerve for 3 more weeks... :wink:
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Mon 02 Apr 2012 7:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually thought Schneider would have been handy yesterday too.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Richter
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote: Rather watch the entire Sandy team take on our AFL opponents, at least they would have tried.

I hear what you're saying GO, but I don't agree that the effort was not there.

Armitage is a good example. The bloke went in for the hard ball and tried his guts out as he always does, but the talent to be about to dispose effectively or to time the grab simply was not there. Geary, Blake another two that spring to mind.

Yes, there were others who were passengers - Ray, Jones, Polo, Peake.... but young players who are the real future of the club, like Stanley and Milera, certainly put in a shift.

Of course we shouldn't have let Port get out to a 4 goal lead in the 1st Q, of course once we had reeled them in we should have finished them off in the second half... but this was not a pathetic performance like that of Melbourne against the Lions the previous day.

I personally can't recall a performance that made me feel ashamed of the boys.... probably back to the early part of 2008.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
felix
Club Player

Thought port played really well strong bodies slippery to tackle full credit to them

Moods
Saintsational Legend

People must have short memories. I have seen plenty worse performance than that by the saints over the years.

We didn't play well, no doubt. But why did ppl expect we would? What had we done pre-season to make ppl think it would be alright on the night? I actually reckon that was our best performance so far this year. Admittedly the bar's not all that high. Certainly wasn't a performance I was ashamed of. Lost to interstate team by 4 points in Rd 1.

Now if we lose this week, that may be a performance to be ashamed of......

Quixote
SS Life Member

Port fairly regularly had (deliberate) more numbers around the ball too.

Our failure to capatalise on this outside of the scrums was also a problem.

Would also suggest next week our midfielders try holding onto the bloody thing. It's not a butter pancake ffs.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo