players that are not up to it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nobhead
Club Player

players that are not up to it

very disapointed before the game even started to see , guys like
ray
geary
jones
polo
depster
peake
get selected over some of the young guys we have in our squad . imo nothing will change as long as these guys keep getting selected . same basic skill errors ,poor decision making. even when the game was still up for grabs yesterday we continually went sideways , backwards . turned the ball over with poor kicking and decision making. we got smashed in the clearences and were second to the ball on nearly every occasion . also could not lay a tackle if our life depended on it .we gave our forwards no chance with our slow predictable ball movement . i would love to see likes like .
ledger
sippos
simpkin
saad
winmar
markworth
ross
play at some stage during the season ,sooner rather than later . lets see if these guys are up to it at afl level when it means something ,because we sure no the other ones mentioned above are not imo
Last edited by nobhead on Mon 02 Apr 2012 11:02am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: players that are noy up to it

Of course they will play during the year but you cant do it all at once. When Ledger pulled out we went with Ray. In hindsight which is easy maybe a younger guy like Siposs may have been better.

nobhead
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Of course they will play during the year but you cant do it all at once. When Ledger pulled out we went with Ray. In hindsight which is easy maybe a younger guy like Siposs may have been better.
im not saying play them all at once . but for example going on pre season form . would you have selected polo and ray over say ledger and sippos?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

nobhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Of course they will play during the year but you cant do it all at once. When Ledger pulled out we went with Ray. In hindsight which is easy maybe a younger guy like Siposs may have been better.
im not saying play them all at once . but for example going on pre season form . would you have selected polo and ray over say ledger and sippos?

Ledger was probably injured. it makes little sense that they would do that change otherwise. It wasnt going to throw out Port. Siposs was unlucky but I dont thing Ray or Polo were the players to make way for him.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would add Sam Gilbert to that list as well. His disposal at times is pathetic. I cannot understand how we can go into games with so many players who cant kick the footy.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

surely siposs would have been a better option for polo up forward?
yeah polo went in real hard a couple of times in the pack but didnt do much else i saw
ray as sub??
are you serious??
who the hell made that call?
roden comes on and again, kills us and has a hand in goals in the last 10 mins

geary did ok i thought, got plenty of it but like people have been saying for a year or two....disposal disposal disposal!!
armo wentr in hard as well but didnt do too much else imo.

imo we have no chance of a flag this year (well ok a seriously very friggin slim one) so its time to make some hard decisions

ledger siposs (after he recovers) simpkin must play

nobhead
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
nobhead wrote:

Ledger was probably injured. it makes little sense that they would do that change otherwise. It wasnt going to throw out Port. Siposs was unlucky but I dont thing Ray or Polo were the players to make way for him.[/quote
polo
blake
ray
jones
peake
geary
are you saying we dont have any other players on our list that could play better than the above list yesterdy . because if you are we are in deep s***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shmic_s
Club Player

I'd take Dempster off your list. He is in our best side IMO.

Ray as sub?! not sure why we went with him. Would have been better served having Cripps or Peake come on late in the game.

nobhead
Club Player

shmic_s wrote:I'd take Dempster off your list. He is in our best side IMO.

Ray as sub?! not sure why we went with him. Would have been better served having Cripps or Peake come on late in the game.
your probably right about dempster . ray got me dumb founded .

philtee
Club Player

Och, poor wee mobhead...that should read "players that are nae up to it".

nobhead
Club Player

philtee wrote:Och, poor wee mobhead...that should read "players that are nae up to it".
why is that ? happy with the teams performance yesterday were you? all of the players mentioned meet your expectation? at least im man enough to admit i made a mistake, about dempster . tell us what you thought about yesterdays game ,would love to hear your opinion

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

nobhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
nobhead wrote: im not saying play them all at once . but for example going on pre season form . would you have selected polo and ray over say ledger and sippos?

Ledger was probably injured. it makes little sense that they would do that change otherwise. It wasnt going to throw out Port. Siposs was unlucky but I dont thing Ray or Polo were the players to make way for him.[/quote
polo
blake
ray
jones
peake
geary
are you saying we dont have any other players on our list that could play better than the above list yesterdy . because if you are we are in deep s***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt say that for a start but I did say they cant replace all those guys you mentioned all at once. And i think we are in the s***. That is what happens. That is why there is a draft and a salary cap. Surely you have followed the Saints in bad times. There is no magical fix.

philtee
Club Player

Re: players that are not up to it

Er, nobhead, I think you've missed the point of my post. I was making a little Scots joke based on your
original thread title. I believe humour is still allowed on this site.

nobhead
Club Player

Re: players that are not up to it

philtee wrote:Er, nobhead, I think you've missed the point of my post. I was making a little Scots joke based on your
original thread title. I believe humour is still allowed on this site.
cool fixed it . hehehaha