Free kick count

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Darren
Club Player

Free kick count

I know we got 5 50's against us but what was the final free kick count?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Free kick count

They only had 10 more and some of ours were advantages that were not so advantageous.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Darren wrote:I know we got 5 50's against us but what was the final free kick count?
32-21

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

32 - 20

Seemed even worse....take the out on the full which the include, the difference would be worse...

The milne free kick for having superior body strenghth was costly..... And proved the turning point IMO ...... But it is Milne, the umps are allowed to cheat because they hate him....btw what has Lenny done, he was crucified by them...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

32 - 20

Seemed even worse....take the out on the full which the include, the difference would be worse...

The milne free kick for having superior body strenghth was costly..... And proved the turning point IMO ...... But it is Milne, the umps are allowed to cheat because they hate him....btw what has Lenny done, he was crucified by them...

Middo
Club Player

Be more worried about Jones , Blake , Polo and Armo FFS these guys are going to kill us with turnovers or plain stupid decisions !!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id love to see scores from frees and where on ground frees were paid.

Umpires just not held accountable for having such a major impact on results.

We'll say nothing as usual - Eddis would go ape if Pies were treated this way.

That aside, to lose to Port is embarrassing........but at least now reality can settle in...

Time to rebuild.

“Yeah….nah””
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

As soon as that ridiculous free was paid against Milne (possibly the worst free kick I've seen) you just knew that we weren't going to win it.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:32 - 20

That was a terrible free but your post is surely from a five year old.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Cant we just talk about the game and leave the childish attack shyte out?

I mean FFS I thought this site was gonna be cleaned up from personal fwits who stalk other posters???

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Be more worried about Jones , Blake , Polo and Armo FFS these guys are going to kill us with turnovers or plain stupid decisions !!!

I thought Jones had a poor game possessions wise but wasn't that bad on the turn overs same with Armo just didn't get enough of it. Jack was having a hard time kicking as was Big mac and Blake.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes plugger I am 5yo.... And Lisa's got cooties.....

So on one hand you agree about the post, then .... Anyway, whatever....can't be f***ed even debating with you, which ain't a difficult task.....

How are you going to have enough time to spend justifying the clubs every move when we slide....can't wait to hear your rubbish

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cant we just talk about the game and leave the childish attack shyte out?

I mean FFS I thought this site was gonna be cleaned up from personal fwits who stalk other posters???
Agree, that 5 yr old remark is lame and nothing short of inflammatory.. Completely no context for it whatsoever... Just play the ball.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Shocking umpiring today, bordering on farce.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=926482

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Shocking umpiring today, bordering on farce.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=926482

Probably more likely umps on the take from betting syndicates $2.80 win to PA and the umpiring goes weird. Now they should crack down on a player who bet 20 cents with a mate on the first goal, that will distract everyone.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I thought the Milne free was there..but I was on my 10th pot..if that's the case I take back everything i said...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring cost me a chip in my plasma screen. Shocking. Did it cost us a win? No. We were not good enough. Hard to say that when you play Port. They deserved their win.

Hey Plugger 66 - you're an idiot

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I thought the Milne free was there..but I was on my 10th pot..if that's the case I take back everything i said...
How many Bundy's had you had prior to the pots. Worst umpiring decision of the year so far. Would have put us in front early in the last qtr. These are the sort of decisions that make the AFL a laughing stock.

Saintsational Legend

It's hardly news that when we play interstate, it is like the opposition has three goals on the board before the game even starts, especially when we get poor umpires like today. Then again, the teams deserved the poorest umpires.

stkildajason3votes
Club Player

Darren wrote:I know we got 5 50's against us but what was the final free kick count?

********Giving away 5 fiflies how could you possibly think you could win************
frustrated saints fan

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

One of the cabbages biggest errors was in the last term when (I think it was Dempster) made a poor skill error kicking the ball forward and it bounced out of bounds.

The fwit umpire called it deliberate.

Can't the idiots get it? Can't they see sometimes in the context of the game what's going on?

Aren't they capable of noticing how poor one sides kicking to position skills are?

Sure, players in a good team wouldn't do what our player did, and yes, deliberate would've been the right call in that context.

Now as for the clearances, we are a bit clueless - players like Jones may be tough and able to win the ball/clearance, but it's the ability to have the structure and back up support of players running nearby to hand ball off to.

Our second possession support options are not good enough. There should be a stat for that. No point in getting 1st use if there is not often enough a second good and easy option.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

We still have the worst officiators of any professional sport in the world. If the soccer had as many poorly judged decisions as the AFL FIFA would have to have their own cemetery. We should pay them more and have fewer of them and strictly scrutinise their accounts. There is going to be a lot of people wondering if they are on the take from betting syndicates while they are as lop sided as that especially when we kept coming and it was like they would just invent something to turn the ball back the other way.

Demetriou should be looking at this game and seeing a major problem coming his way. It is like if it isn't a high profile game and off free to air the umps get on the phone to the mafia.

AdelaideSainter
Club Player

Was deplorable at times last night. A couple of the high tackles and frees given in marking contests were just plain wrong. I think the powers in charge forget that football is supposed to be a contact game.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Id love to see scores from frees and where on ground frees were paid.

Umpires just not held accountable for having such a major impact on results.

We'll say nothing as usual - Eddis would go ape if Pies were treated this way.

That aside, to lose to Port is embarrassing........but at least now reality can settle in...

Time to rebuild.
maybe, maybe not...we could have and should have won

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.