Where's OUR live stream?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Where's OUR live stream?

If the Crows can have it, why can't we?

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where's OUR live stream?

Is it even on a radio broadcast? the AFL are becoming a joke rabble. Dimmy is selling out the future to look good short term. The fact that you can watch most matches with out FOXTEL is a joke and will cost clubs memberships because most can't afford both. They can't even get a radio broadcast for a nab cup match, they make the Soccer look professional in Australia.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

It seems the stream will be confined to the Wangaratta oval.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

because its a nab cup match, and I would say the weather conditions would also play a part.

Sainter for life.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:because its a nab cup match, and I would say the weather conditions would also play a part.

Yeah you wouldn't want an AFL official to have to sit in a grand stand updating a score while it's raining, that would be unfair. They have only had 3 months to plan this NAB cup series.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I spoke to someone yesterday from Sportingpulse, who supply websites for lots of suburban clubs and all VFL clubs.

They are looking at technology that will allow a user to film games on a normal camcorder and upload directly to YouTube. Dunno if this can extend to live streaming, but was fairly straightforward and just relied on the camcorder hooked up to a box.

I know Wang is not a huge town, but surely in this day and age a live stream is a must.

Absolutely faarking disgraceful by both our club and more so the AFL in not bothering to organize anything.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

gringo wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:because its a nab cup match, and I would say the weather conditions would also play a part.

Yeah you wouldn't want an AFL official to have to sit in a grand stand updating a score while it's raining, that would be unfair. They have only had 3 months to plan this NAB cup series.
Im fairly certain that there is live score updates available here (like every other week) http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/18551/Defau ... ab=Preview

The problem is it would be difficult to set up a video stream when it is p**sing down rain, i wouldn't expect the afl or the club to set up a video stream in that sort of weather for a practice match!!

The club is also providing score updates on the facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/stkfc

Sainter for life.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Is it even on a radio broadcast? the AFL are becoming a joke rabble. Dimmy is selling out the future to look good short term. The fact that you can watch most matches with out FOXTEL is a joke and will cost clubs memberships because most can't afford both. They can't even get a radio broadcast for a nab cup match, they make the Soccer look professional in Australia.

You actually do realise under the old system we wouldnt still be in the NAB cup so next weeks game wouldnt be on TV. They are practice matches.

Quixote
SS Life Member

No local radio broadcast?

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Is it even on a radio broadcast? the AFL are becoming a joke rabble. Dimmy is selling out the future to look good short term. The fact that you can watch most matches with out FOXTEL is a joke and will cost clubs memberships because most can't afford both. They can't even get a radio broadcast for a nab cup match, they make the Soccer look professional in Australia.
AFL Becoming a "Joke Rabble", please ive heard it all. AFL is far from becoming a "Joke Rabble". See this year we get to see Live games on FTA, how many times has that happened. Its the Nab Cup. As Plugger said, This is just like a NAB Challenge Match under the old system.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I love my Foxtel.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You actually do realise under the old system we wouldnt still be in the NAB cup so next weeks game wouldnt be on TV. They are practice matches.

YOU do realise in the old days they didn't have Telly or the wireless or that internet thingy, so we should all shut the f$#@ up.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

If we were playing at a proper afl venue there would definitely be a live stream

Beacues I watched the suns game last night, and most of the games tonight are also being shown online

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

I love my Foxtel.
I'm just saying for families the day at the footy is out and memberships will go down when people have to spend the extra getting Foxtel. We rely on memberships and gate taking so it is bad for our club. Short sighted policy so they can look like they got big bucks for broadcast rights.

free to air helps establish new fans -bad for the game. So dumb policy all round. They put in new teams that need new fans doubly dumb.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

YOU do realise in the old days they didn't have Telly or the wireless or that internet thingy, so we should all shut the f$#@ up.

And your point is? I cant remember anyone saying every NAB cup game would be live on TV. Matter of fact they said many games wouldnt be. They are practice games. If you could explain how they could fit 9 games at different times into 3 days I would love to hear.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

You actually do realise under the old system we wouldnt still be in the NAB cup so next weeks game wouldnt be on TV. They are practice matches.[/quote]

YOU do realise in the old days they didn't have Telly or the wireless or that internet thingy, so we should all shut the f$#@ up.[/quote]

And your point is? I cant remember anyone saying every NAB cup game would be live on TV. Matter of fact they said many games wouldnt be. They are practice games. If you could explain how they could fit 9 games at different times into 3 days I would love to hear.[/quote]

How are they going to show every game live in the season proper? I thought fox was meant to show every game live. Maybe a game with two melbourne clubs would be of interest when the majority can't attend because of a fair amount of geographic difficulty. I like you better when your aggressive rather than the apologist.They will probably show brisbane v port adelaide or some crap live in melbourne on FTA because they don't have a clue.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Spinner wrote:

I love my Foxtel.
I'm just saying for families the day at the footy is out and memberships will go down when people have to spend the extra getting Foxtel. We rely on memberships and gate taking so it is bad for our club. Short sighted policy so they can look like they got big bucks for broadcast rights.

free to air helps establish new fans -bad for the game. So dumb policy all round. They put in new teams that need new fans doubly dumb.

Do you seem to think that Foxtel is only for the rich?

Family's don't have to sacrifice going to the football because of Foxtel. That's a choice and a s*** arguement.

Do you also realise that channel 7 or the FTA channels, even when combined would show a maximum of 4 games per round. What fantasy world do you pay tv haters live in when you complain over and over again.

Foxtel allows games to be televised that in no way would ever be televised. It's a bonus on what wouldn't exist. It isn't a taking away, it's an extra.

So in your fantasy world, our games probably wouldn't be televised anyways. At least in this world you can go to a pub and watch the game. Or for these struggling families, a friends house.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Calm down gringo it's only one game think of it like the intra club game that wasn't televised either ... Next weeks game in Perth will be televised and so will every other saints game from then on ... Take a chill pill and just wait for the updates from those at the ground

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:You actually do realise under the old system we wouldnt still be in the NAB cup so next weeks game wouldnt be on TV. They are practice matches.

YOU do realise in the old days they didn't have Telly or the wireless or that internet thingy, so we should all shut the f$#@ up.[/quote]

And your point is? I cant remember anyone saying every NAB cup game would be live on TV. Matter of fact they said many games wouldnt be. They are practice games. If you could explain how they could fit 9 games at different times into 3 days I would love to hear.[/quote]

How are they going to show every game live in the season proper? I thought fox was meant to show every game live. Maybe a game with two melbourne clubs would be of interest when the majority can't attend because of a fair amount of geographic difficulty. I like you better when your aggressive rather than the apologist.They will probably show brisbane v port adelaide or some crap live in melbourne on FTA because they don't have a clue.[/quote]

You realise there are more grounds available during the year. As for the memberships they are at record levels. Lets face it you havent said anything yet but have written a lot of words.

Darren
Club Player

It's only a practice match, who cares if it gets broadcasted or not. We'll see them from next week onwards, its not like the world's ending because only 1 of our games in 2012 aren't being shown.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:You actually do realise under the old system we wouldnt still be in the NAB cup so next weeks game wouldnt be on TV. They are practice matches.

How are they going to show every game live in the season proper? I thought fox was meant to show every game live. Maybe a game with two melbourne clubs would be of interest when the majority can't attend because of a fair amount of geographic difficulty. I like you better when your aggressive rather than the apologist.They will probably show brisbane v port adelaide or some crap live in melbourne on FTA because they don't have a clue.[/quote]

You realise there are more grounds available during the year. As for the memberships they are at record levels. Lets face it you havent said anything yet but have written a lot of words.[/quote]

You realise that you always say nothing but are in danger of a repetitive strain injury? All I'm saying is the AFL is short sighted and we have very few televised games this year. I have young kids that can't go to night games, with a mortgage and bills and the rest entertainment dollars are tight meaning if I want foxtel the membership goes. A lot of others are probably the same. And I'm glad to hear we have record membership already this year. At least with all the thousands of free to air games we have we should get a great new sponsor.

Oh well could be worse -we might be forced to relocate to New Zealand.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I love my Foxtel.[/quote]

free to air helps establish new fans -bad for the game. So dumb policy all round. They put in new teams that need new fans doubly dumb.[/quote]

Do you seem to think that Foxtel is only for the rich?

Family's don't have to sacrifice going to the football because of Foxtel. That's a choice and a s*** arguement.

Do you also realise that channel 7 or the FTA channels, even when combined would show a maximum of 4 games per round. What fantasy world do you pay tv haters live in when you complain over and over again.

Foxtel allows games to be televised that in no way would ever be televised. It's a bonus on what wouldn't exist. It isn't a taking away, it's an extra.

So in your fantasy world, our games probably wouldn't be televised anyways. At least in this world you can go to a pub and watch the game. Or for these struggling families, a friends house.[/quote]

Well if you want to watch the Lower Hutt saints running around on Foxtel it probably doesn't matter anyway. Free to air TV is what all developing codes pine for as people will watch it if it's there if you want it to be an obscure niche sport chuck it on pay. I'm saying the broadcast deal should be for Foxtel to show what ever they want but it should be not to the detriment of the Free to air. They wanted a billion regardless of future development of our code it will hurt in places like GWS and the Gold coast where the fans that are meant to be jumping on board will not go out and seek it. How many free to airs have we got this season?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Darren wrote:It's only a practice match, who cares if it gets broadcasted or not. We'll see them from next week onwards, its not like the world's ending because only 1 of our games in 2012 aren't being shown.
Because I pay over a hundred bucks a month for foxtel, I want to be able to see my team live even in the nab cup!

But I could also handle a live stream.

Anyway, the game will be cancelled IMO!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Gee this new quote system is annoying...anyways.

Gringo -

Did you not read any of what I wrote. You wrote exactly what I responded to the initial time. The alternative is no televised games. FTA would choose the best four and that's it.

What FTA station is going to show 9 games? Even ten and seven combined showed 4 between them. They ha to onsell the remaining 4.

Are people really this simple. So FTA are showing the games they want this year, which you say isn't a lot of saints games. Now you can't attend night games. If Foxtel was to self combust tomorrow you would be no better off.

So stop complaining.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Gee this new quote system is annoying...anyways.

Gringo -

Did you not read any of what I wrote. You wrote exactly what I responded to the initial time. The alternative is no televised games. FTA would choose the best four and that's it.

What FTA station is going to show 9 games? Even ten and seven combined showed 4 between them. They ha to onsell the remaining 4.

Are people really this simple. So FTA are showing the games they want this year, which you say isn't a lot of saints games. Now you can't attend night games. If Foxtel was to self combust tomorrow you would be no better off.

So stop complaining.
I will but I'm still just shitty the AFL is such a short sighted operation under Dimmy. Oakley and co always gave me the s***s but they had vision, this mob just wants to balance the books while they are in charge. It is the modern corporate phenomenon and the reason the west will economically self combust- no vision or common goals /direction, just short term gain to get their bonuses. This is just an example of the results that come from it.