Academy - Kindergarten

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Academy - Kindergarten

I remember when I was teaching in England, they closed down poorly performing schools....gave them a coat of paint and some new computers and re-opened them as academies.... hoping to change attitudes..

didnt really work..... whilst the name and facilities were different, the kids were the same...

However,

I think given the nature of our list in 2012....this academy is not only a good idea, but a necessity...

Winmar, Archer - 3rd year players
Ferguson, Cripps, Crocker, Ledger, Siposs, Andreolli, Curran - second year players
and possibly 10 first year players
6 National Draft
4 Rookie Draft

this means we are stockpiling talent that needs a lot of energy put into development....because undoubtedly we will find at least 4 beaties in there.....and we cant let them rot....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Academy - Kindergarten

BigMart wrote:this means we are stockpiling talent that needs a lot of energy put into development....because undoubtedly we will find at least 4 beaties in there.....and we cant let them rot....
Or head to Sydney :wink: :oops: :(

bergsone
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
BigMart wrote:this means we are stockpiling talent that needs a lot of energy put into development....because undoubtedly we will find at least 4 beaties in there.....and we cant let them rot....
Or head to Sydney :wink: :oops: :(
Sour point Doctor,sour point :(

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I remember when I was teaching in England, they closed down poorly performing schools....gave them a coat of paint and some new computers and re-opened them as academies.... hoping to change attitudes..

didnt really work..... whilst the name and facilities were different, the kids were the same...

However,

I think given the nature of our list in 2012....this academy is not only a good idea, but a necessity...

Ferguson, Cripps, Crocker, Ledger, Siposs, Andreolli, Curran - second year players
6 National Draft
4 Rookie Draft

this means we are stockpiling talent that needs a lot of energy put into development....because undoubtedly we will find at least 4 beaties in there.....and we cant let them rot....
What are beaties? The Who had an Album Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncey.

Thanks for letting us know you taught in England. Building up quite a CV here, what do you think will come of it?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
StNoodles
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
BigMart wrote:I remember when I was teaching in England, they closed down poorly performing schools....gave them a coat of paint and some new computers and re-opened them as academies.... hoping to change attitudes..

However,

6 National Draft
4 Rookie Draft

Thanks for letting us know you taught in England. Building up quite a CV here, what do you think will come of it?
Why a capital for 'Album' Bernard?

Those who have nothing better to do than pull others up on typos/grammatical errors on a footy forum amuse me.

And you are a serial offender.

So pathetic.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

They should name it the Tommy Walsh Academy

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Royston
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:

However,

6 National Draft
4 Rookie Draft

Great album - is it available on CD BS?
Had a look a few years ago and for memory it had never been released on CD.
Boris the Spider.....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good thing you picked up a typo....thanks

So let me get this straight Bernard S

I come on here with the sole purpose of impressing people that I will never meet, and do this by mentioning my occupation....a very standard occupation...there are tens of thousands of us in victoria.....

And I like thousands of other teachers spent some time overseas teaching.... not so special

If you believe I am big-noting....you are obviously easily impressed....or just trying (unsuccessfully) to be a bully....

keep playing the man..... let tyhe good players play the ball

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:They should name it the Tommy Walsh Academy
Tommy didn't deserve a game last year based on his for
At Sandy.

Discuss.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think he did.....IMO

I would have played him back....when Dawson was out later in the year (blake came in after being poor for Sandy, and played a great game for StK)

Then he should have came in later in the season as a fwd to help out Roo (didnt help that Sandy had a Bye when he was in good form)

He should also haveplayed against the GC....and been picked instead of Stanley midyear who was struggling at the time

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

After his 6 goals against Collingwood, including the last 2 or 3, and not playing at full forward, he should have been played the next week, no question.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: What are beaties? The Who had an Album Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncey.

ur a very well balanced individual

got anything to say about the football stuff??? Something about an oval shaped ball that ppl may come onto a forum to discuss

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Given that TW played ok as a forward and we were desperate for a third tall all season...
really could have played numerous games at any point this season

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Given that TW played ok as a forward and we were desperate for a third tall all season...
We are really unique in being a club to take on an Irish project player, develop his AFL skills and then allow another club to come in and poach him.

Other clubs have taken on Irish players and succeeded in getting then to senior level. Or have seen them depart due to not being good enough.

But we've really broken new ground here. :roll:

Looks like the coaching changes and Saints Academy just came too late for TW.

Megsie
Club Player

finally. positive headlines for our club.

Let's rejoice that "change" is coming. New ideas new kids &
new coach.......................exciting.

keep the good news rolling !!!!!!!!!!!!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
skeptic wrote:Given that TW played ok as a forward and we were desperate for a third tall all season...
We are really unique in being a club to take on an Irish project player, develop his AFL skills and then allow another club to come in and poach him.

Other clubs have taken on Irish players and succeeded in getting then to senior level. Or have seen them depart due to not being good enough.

But we've really broken new ground here. :roll:

Looks like the coaching changes and Saints Academy just came too late for TW.
No point crying over spilt milk...let's hope it's not habitual

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.