Swans Continue Irish Jig

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Swans Continue Irish Jig

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Is it just me, or whenever a player gets traded from us, there's never a mention of appreciation for StKilda?

Nee!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

They can promise anything they like, but if he can't actually play it won't be long before he is running around in comp worse than the VFL.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Press is loving it...
'Saints trade weak' says the Age.
Oh how witty!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Re: Swans Continue Irish Jig

fugazi wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Is it just me, or whenever a player gets traded from us, there's never a mention of appreciation for StKilda?
I don't he is appreciative at all. The article and those quotes are designed to have us readers think that he is bitter with St Kilda for not giving him a go.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

"As soon as I met John and heard what the Swans wanted me to do, I knew it was too good an opportunity to miss. I just want to play footy, that's what I came over here for."

THIS!!!

I certainly lay a fair bit of blame at Lyon's feet. Others can please themselves.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:"As soon as I met John and heard what the Swans wanted me to do, I knew it was too good an opportunity to miss. I just want to play footy, that's what I came over here for."

THIS!!!

I certainly lay a fair bit of blame at Lyon's feet. Others can please themselves.
Well that's bulls*** for a start. I'm sure Watters told Walsh he would be playing round 1.

Enjoy the cash ya greedy bastard.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:"As soon as I met John and heard what the Swans wanted me to do, I knew it was too good an opportunity to miss. I just want to play footy, that's what I came over here for."

THIS!!!

Well that's bulls*** for a start. I'm sure Watters told Walsh he would be playing round 1.

Apart from the fact the Swans were offering a lot more cash, I'm pretty sure Tommy had been completely sold on the Sydney dream by the time Scott rode into town.

Be hard not to think about their offer while you're slogging it out on a cold and windy day at a VFL venue in front of 500 people.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Munga wrote:

THIS!!!

Apart from the fact the Swans were offering a lot more cash, I'm pretty sure Tommy had been completely sold on the Sydney dream by the time Scott rode into town.

Be hard not to think about their offer while you're slogging it out on a cold and windy day at a VFL venue in front of 500 people.
Luckily all the other players doing that just didnt pack up and leave. By the way how many games was needed for him to stay?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

True that. No doubt the seeds were sown during the year. I'm bitter :?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Just showed the twin twats on channel 10 news. F$#@ that little leprechaun prick s***s me.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Munga wrote:

THIS!!!

Luckily all the other players doing that just didnt pack up and leave. By the way how many games was needed for him to stay?
Re first part - maybe they would if rival clubs came a courting with heaps of money and promises of senior games.

Re second part - no idea. Playing at senior level, with senior players, perhaps in a winning side and singing the club song - who knows, maybe one would have been enough for him to tell Tadhg, "I'm happy where I am".

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Munga wrote:

THIS!!!

Re first part - maybe they would if rival clubs came a courting with heaps of money and promises of senior games.

Re second part - no idea. Playing at senior level, with senior players, perhaps in a winning side and singing the club song - who knows, maybe one would have been enough for him to tell Tadhg, "I'm happy where I am".
Didnt seem to help Lynch. Lets face it he left for money. I think we can safely say that. Over the last 10 years I havent cared who left because I work on what Brian Waldren used to say. If they dont want to play with us we dont want to play with them. I dont think he went to jail for that comment.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The guy was probably bitter about the fact he never got any opportunities, even when he deserved a few....

Turning his back on StK is probably Justified as StK turned their back on him at selection time on numerous occasions throught 2011....and a couple of times in 2010

It has bitten us on the bum....

I think Watters has made development a PRIORITY and understands the importance of the bottom half of the list...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Munga wrote:

THIS!!!

Didnt seem to help Lynch. Lets face it he left for money. I think we can safely say that. Over the last 10 years I havent cared who left because I work on what Brian Waldren used to say. If they dont want to play with us we dont want to play with them. I dont think he went to jail for that comment.
OK, none of us know the timelines on this thing.

However it's feasible to say that if Tommy had've played some senior games he may have been inclined to sign the contract he was presented with mid season.

And then the Swans would not have been able to approach him with their bigger bag of money and therefore he would not be leaving for more cash.

C'mon, admit that is at least one possibility :wink:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Lets face it

You dont actually know the truth.....are you presenting

OPINIONS AS FACT

Happy people dont leave.....he wasnt happy at StK

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Lets face it

You dont actually know the truth.....are you presenting

OPINIONS AS FACT

Happy people dont leave.....he wasnt happy at StK
May help if we knew who you were directing this at :?

sainterinsydney
Club Player

He is ungrateful and I'm glad he is now gone. If he had played next year, he probably would have got lucrative offers at the end of the season and left anyway. He seems to be a mercenary. Move on, Sainters!

DLBIA14

Why can't it be a combination of both? When he spoke to Longmire, the Swans presented better money and more opportunities. By the time Scotty came along, his mind was made up.

If you're going to blame anyone it has to be Lyon, not only because he didn't give him games, but because he clearly didn't reassure Tommy that he would eventually get his chance, that he was doing all the right things to get selection and that the coaches noticed his hard work. All those emergencies, but not one call up.

It's like if you were in a job where you were performing well at a menial task and expect a promotion some time during the year. You see some newer guys in the job get the promotion ahead of you and you start to feel frustrated that you're not getting noticed and still on a shitty salary.

Then some rival company comes to you and goes 'we appreacite you, your talent and your potential and we think you can go far up this company. Here's a stack of money too just to prove it and convince you to come to us'.

Really, which one of us isn't going to move? :cry:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He'll know...

lets face it...

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

He is isn't even a proven player at an AFL level.

No point in fretting over this unless he does prove himself to be a quality player as a pro.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

BigMart wrote:The guy was probably bitter about the fact he never got any opportunities, even when he deserved a few....

Turning his back on StK is probably Justified as StK turned their back on him at selection time on numerous occasions throught 2011....and a couple of times in 2010

It has bitten us on the bum....

I think Watters has made development a PRIORITY and understands the importance of the bottom half of the list...
It's about bloody time too!

westy
Club Player

This year at the club has been about the most tumultuous that I have witnessed for a multitude of reasons. Around the middle of the season, I reckon Lyon knew what he was up to and he wasn't too worried about anybody else enough to see guys like Walsh and Lynch becoming disenchanted. I am beginning to think that his leaving is the best thing to come out of a peculiar season

I'm livin' in a madhouse
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Is he really the swing player they are making out, genuine question?

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Is he really the swing player they are making out, genuine question?
Are you asking if he kicks with both feet ?? :D

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
SainterK wrote:Is he really the swing player they are making out, genuine question?
Are you asking if he kicks with both feet ?? :D
Just don't see much of Sandy, so wondered if really can play forward and defence as they're selling him?

Like Teflon said in another thread, think a second tall who can ruck is of more value these days.