The question about club culture?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The question about club culture?

Was that old chestnut from our mate Fat Hutchy ??..beautifully answered by Scott but it was no surprised who couldn't wait to put a negative spin question forward...go and have your sunday brunch of 4 egg and bacon macmuffins Hutchinson you tosser !!! :x
Last edited by saint patrick on Sun 16 Oct 2011 1:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
savatage
SS Life Member

He still thinks Alan Richardson will be named as our coach.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:He still thinks Alan Richardson will be named as our coach.
:D

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

A number of knobs are calling SEN questioning our culture and saying that he is not the right bloke. Simpelton flogs.

What makes an opposition supporter pick up a phone to call a radio station to talk about another club?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
savatage
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:A number of knobs are calling SEN questioning our culture and saying that he is not the right bloke. Simpelton flogs.

What makes an opposition supporter pick up a phone to call a radio station to talk about another club?
Anger.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
SaintPav wrote:A number of knobs are calling SEN questioning our culture and saying that he is not the right bloke. Simpelton flogs.

Anger.
Jealously and fear...reckon its a good sign :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

numptiness

its actually quite a bit more common than we think

8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He has/will draw a line in the sand anyway. 8-)

If you believe we have a culture problem or not, it's clear he has expectations in this regard.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I must admit that I ws most impressed with the new coach at his media press conference today (even allowing for the "honeymoon factor") He gave out an air of quiet confidence in the ability for the club to be united and to work hard.
I really loved the manner in which he embraced the club, and he clearly showed how enthusiastic he is to work with this list (albeit after tweaking?)
Good on the board who have taken so much flak from all and sundry! Go Scotty! GO SAINTERS!!!!!! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I heard one of them and thought?????? do they say who they support--- gee if you take what they say you wonder how good the Saints can be if they ever get it ' all together' given how bad it must be and we've played in the previous 2 Premiership games... :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Re: The question about club culture?

saint patrick wrote:Was that old chestnut from our mate Fat Hutchy ??..beautifully answered by Scott but it was no surprised who couldn't wait to put a negative spin question forward...go and have your sunday brunch of 4 egg and bacon macmuffins Hutchinson you tosser !!! :x
ROLMFAO

That is the funniest thing I've heard for a while. Didn't hear hutchie...did he really raise the old chestnut of 'club culture'?

Seems to me all clubs have problems...Collingwood's gambling, Carlton's booze cruise, Dogs' end-of-season 'riot'.....we were just in the spotlight with three grand Finals in two years.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

The only problem with our culture (compared to other clubs) is that our boys seem to get found out.

saintnick12
Club Player

Pretty sure Hutchy is in New York so I doubt it was him.

Pretty low question, whoever asked it.

Watters handled pretty well I thought

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
SaintTom
Club Player

People with a love of the game.

That or Collingwood supporters.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintnick12 wrote:Pretty sure Hutchy is in New York so I doubt it was him.

Don't think so. Heard him on SEN on Saturday morning. Trying to change the comments he made about Richardson being our new coach. He is a fool.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintnick12
Club Player

saint75 wrote:

Don't think so. Heard him on SEN on Saturday morning. Trying to change the comments he made about Richardson being our new coach. He is a fool.
Yep, I heard him on SEN too and he was talking about being in New York and his familiy being over there with him. My understanding is he lives there for several months each year. He does the show from there, with the other two being in the studio in Melbourne.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintnick12 wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Yep, I heard him on SEN too and he was talking about being in New York and his familiy being over there with him. My understanding is he lives there for several months each year. He does the show from there, with the other two being in the studio in Melbourne.
Thought that might have been the case after I posted. Hope he stays over there to be perfectly honest and take Barrett with him!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Talking about a club's " culture " is basically the cheapest shot you can have at a club .
people are just saying " ha ha ha you guys are f@#$ing hopeless ha ha ha " trying to give a polite backhander .
St kilda has been around since 1873 , and in that time we haven't won a lot of silverware .
So What !
We still try every year thanks to 1000's of people from administration , players and of course , us passionate fans.
I'd say thats a fantastic culture !

In all major football league's around the world , are " the haves " and " the have nots ", unfortunately we fit into " the have not " side of things .
It reflects life .
Its not about winning , its about having a go .

People who like to take cheap shots at others in life, are generally shallow narscissists who are happiest when they bring those around them down.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Thought that might have been the case after I posted. Hope he stays over there to be perfectly honest and take Barrett with him!!!
Sat morning show regurlalry do the program with one or the other away and 'online' sitting in a dingy room in some radio station wherever with a producer or tchie.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107