Full story on Nick - covers everything

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Full story on Nick - covers everything

saintnick12
Club Player

Ahh, so this was the one Robbo was working on - we knew it had to be a big one. Two big ones in fact -

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Looks like they gave Robbo the mother lode on Saints news stories. He was probably the fairest of the journos last year, after his initial 'Schoolgirl' hysteria.

And to think he was moaning about the CEO not returning his calls the other day!

Anyway, good stories. And some perspective.

saintnick12
Club Player

Wow - what a read.

Sounds like he is in a much better place than this time last year.

We can only hope he is back to his best next year, renewed with a new beginning with a new coach, and hopefully his knee gives him less trouble.

Glad to hear him being so reflective about his own mistakes, and what he can do better, how he can handle things better.

Love the guy

Great article by Robbo too by the way...he is really great at these indepth pieces on players

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Dal did it beautifully. Kept quiet, and then he turned it around with the help of the MMM guys, and he looks a clever, humorous cool dude. Sounds very relaxed in the media. Was a Masterclass in PR.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Never been so proud to be a Sainter. I just love the Saints to the bottom of my soul.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:Never been so proud to be a Sainter. I just love the Saints to the bottom of my soul.
And to all the Saintsationalists who are up early in the morning I repeat- I have never been so proud to be a Sainter! The future all of a sudden seems quite optimistic

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Love him. Love him long time.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Ahh, so this was the one Robbo was working on - we knew it had to be a big one. Two big ones in fact -
saintnick12: Love your quote by Lenny. Sums up how a lot of us feel. Robbo quized Nick about losing Ross Lyon...

This is from the article where Nick is asked; Did you think he abandoned the club? "No. Ross was good for the footy club and the footy club was good for Ross.

So as far as Roo was concerned it was a shock...but now....Over with!! He uses the word closure. It's obviously a dignified response from a captain towards his former coach, but maybe it's a realisation from Roo, now that he's a more mature captain, that the senior guys in the playing group along with the new senior coach and assistants have a fantastic opportunity, and that Ross leaving the Saints now, was the best thing he's ever done for us!! :evil: :twisted: ...Stick it up 'em Sainters...We know you can do it Roo :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

starsign
Club Player

Yep I'm an early starter and this article is going to make my day and inspires me to look forward now to embracing our new look for next season
It's all good !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
tony74 wrote:Never been so proud to be a Sainter. I just love the Saints to the bottom of my soul.
And to all the Saintsationalists who are up early in the morning I repeat- I have never been so proud to be a Sainter! The future all of a sudden seems quite optimistic
Totally agree tony.

That story makes it a lot easier to jump out of bed this morning (being Friday helps a bit also :) )

Credit where credit's due to Robbo.

And to the, gulp, HS :oops:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Its a shame his mental health issues took a whole season to resolve.

I assume he's been to the shrink several times, hopefully clear of that now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

How do people read these articles. Its in the HS and apparently no one reads that paper even though stats suggest otherwise. Also all journalists are arseholes so I refuse to read it. It will just be another crap article picking on the Saints.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:How do people read these articles. Its in the HS and apparently no one reads that paper even though stats suggest otherwise. Also all journalists are arseholes so I refuse to read it. It will just be another crap article picking on the Saints.
Please Plugger 66 for once in your miserable life, read the article, understand Nick gave the interview willingly and gave not only Saints supporters but all AFL supporters an insight to the man and the trauma his family have endured over the past 12 months.

Stop slagging off at something you clearly haven't even bothered to read .

it is a good article.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

interesting that nick says:

"Obviously everyone knows what happened with the club this year, but one thing that shone was what we were able to achieve. To be 1-8 and to fight back the way we did, I'm really proud of the club and the boys."

bulls*** nick. we were never 1-8. in round 8 we were 1-1-5, and then we won a couple so by the time we'd played nine games we were 3-1-5.

but i guess whatever the boys have to tell themselves to keep their confidence in the group strong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:How do people read these articles. Its in the HS and apparently no one reads that paper even though stats suggest otherwise. Also all journalists are arseholes so I refuse to read it. It will just be another crap article picking on the Saints.
Please Plugger 66 for once in your miserable life, read the article, understand Nick gave the interview willingly and gave not only Saints supporters but all AFL supporters an insight to the man and the trauma his family have endured over the past 12 months.

it is a good article.
Of course I read it. I read the HS and so do many here but they say they dont. They generalise on the paper and the journalists. And the one thing I aint is miserable. Matter of fact some on here are the miserable ones that take things way to seriously and continually look at negatives in everything that happens to our club. It is good article as many are in the HS but like I said I am amazed they can read it as no one on here reads the HS apparently.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:

it is a good article.
Of course I read it. I read the HS and so do many here but they say they dont. They generalise on the paper and the journalists. And the one thing I aint is miserable. Matter of fact some on here are the miserable ones that take things way to seriously and continually look at negatives in everything that happens to our club. It is good article as many are in the HS but like I said I am amazed they can read it as no one on here reads the HS apparently.
Only you plugger can turn this thread into a negative. There are plenty of other threads you can argue on and be sarcastic on. Start your own thread on what posters think of the herald sun but leave this one for people who are interested in the Nick story.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

mullet wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:

it is a good article.
Only you plugger can turn this thread into a negative. There are plenty of other threads you can argue on and be sarcastic on. Start your own thread on what posters think of the herald sun but leave this one for people who are interested in the Nick story.
I'm with you, misery guts Plugger66 read the article and be inspired about a young woman facing a difficult fight and think about our captain who has had load to carry this year.

And credit to Robbo for writing an article with a lot of sensitivity.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Good one Nick.

Still, it's just good PR.

I hate reading about RL.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic story by Mark Robinson.

Maybe the CEO should start returning his calls...

Top draw stuff right there.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6166195055

I'm so proud of my brave sister Madeleine, says Nick Riewoldt by: Mark Robinson From: Herald Sun October 14, 2011 12:00AM

ST Kilda captain Nick Riewoldt has told of his love and pride for his sister, Madeleine, who is battling a rare blood disease.
"We're incredibly proud of her and how strong she's been through some pretty trying circumstances," Riewoldt said yesterday.

saintnick12
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
tony74 wrote:
Totally agree tony.

That story makes it a lot easier to jump out of bed this morning (being Friday helps a bit also :) )

Credit where credit's due to Robbo.

And to the, gulp, HS :oops:
All we need now is the annoucement of our new coach.

:wink:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately he is naked in front of Robbo in exchange for some positive representation. He has unfortunately had to allow himself to be exposed by someone who deals in perverting peoples images if they don't do as they are told. I liked the fact that he showed the media that they aren't entitled to access despite what they write.

St Lenny
Club Player

Two good articles. Its nice to see us portrayed in a positive way for a change. Lets hope people take the time to read them. Looking forward to the Coach announcement. Time to move on. Go Saints.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The first article is a clearing of the air, which is very positive stuff.

I feel the positives already coming out for 2012. 2011 is behind us, Pelchen in, a new coach, Saad and Milera seeming to be two good pick-ups.

Announce the Coach and off we go for 2012. :!: