Malthouse mentions Maxie Hudghton as possible StK coach!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Malthouse mentions Maxie Hudghton as possible StK coach!

Yep -- threw it out as a possibility at his press conference. Not sure if he was joking or not. Also mentioned Scott Watters. Might all be a smokescreen, of course -- because he might be after the job himself.

As for Max ... has he got the right stuff? Would be valuable as an assistant, for sure.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Or maybe one of his Assistants at St Kilda?

They walk amongst us...

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Who hasn't MM mentioned?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
PaytonPlace
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Who hasn't MM mentioned?
Himself?

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

PaytonPlace wrote:
Himself?
Contracted.

*as if that makes a difference*

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
SunburySaint
Club Player

I read more into what MM doesn't say, than what he does Say!

Now lives in Geelong...
averypr

Max as Coach

We need to be very careful who we get as coach. We also need to back him up with his assistants who cover the deficiencies of the senior coach. There is no one person who has all the qualities needed to be a senior coach. Whoever we get must be able to acknowledge their weaknesses so they can be covered. But he must have strategies for game plans and preparations and communicate clearly both ways. Must understand project management methodologies to ensure a full plan is put into action. Also must ensure all players use each other no matter how young they may be. Our past faults have been selfishness where they only pass to top class players rather than the best option. This doesn't always happen even today.

Player list management should be held by another person with appropriate skills - pleased we have got Pelchen for this. Player developement should also be handled by all assistant coaches with overview only by the Senior Coach.

Not sure Robert Harvey or Max Hughton have the qualities. Would like Hinkley though.

Saint 87.
Saints94
SS Life Member

Re: Max as Coach

averypr wrote:We need to be very careful who we get as coach. We also need to back him up with his assistants who cover the deficiencies of the senior coach. There is no one person who has all the qualities needed to be a senior coach. Whoever we get must be able to acknowledge their weaknesses so they can be covered. But he must have strategies for game plans and preparations and communicate clearly both ways. Must understand project management methodologies to ensure a full plan is put into action. Also must ensure all players use each other no matter how young they may be. Our past faults have been selfishness where they only pass to top class players rather than the best option. This doesn't always happen even today.

Player list management should be held by another person with appropriate skills - pleased we have got Pelchen for this. Player developement should also be handled by all assistant coaches with overview only by the Senior Coach.

Not sure Robert Harvey or Max Hughton have the qualities. Would like Hinkley though.
+1 or Watters?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Max is a builder. He doesnt even coach FT I believe. More hope of Graham Gellie getting it.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I will never love Max that way that I used to.

I will always carry an irrational resentment towards him for helping Collingwood achieve success ahead of us.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Austinnn
Club Player

I think Max was taken in by MM to help Pies defenders play on Riewoldt & Kosi, and to get an insight into 'the Lyon Cage', so he's probably of little use now.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
St Lenny
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:I will never love Max that way that I used to.

I will always carry an irrational resentment towards him for helping Collingwood achieve success ahead of us.
Know exactly what you mean, feel the same way :cry:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:

Why because Maxie did his Job, a job he was paid to do. Im sure Max is very professional

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Probably trying to get rid of all Buckley's assistants before he begins.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:Probably trying to get rid of all Buckley's assistants before he begins.
my take when I heard- Bucks may have the job But Eddie will be scurrying to get assistants if Mick keeps going....

I wonder how water tight Buttifant is :wink:

or is Mick just getting them of the topic Of his' retirement'

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Ross who?
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
Verdun66 wrote:Probably trying to get rid of all Buckley's assistants before he begins.
my take when I heard- Bucks may have the job But Eddie will be scurrying to get assistants if Mick keeps going....

Pretty sure I heard that Buttifant signed a new contract 6-8 weeks ago. :cry:
In hindsight I think he might be trying to deflect attention away from Watters by throwing Maxy in the mix :!:

Blake Acres fan club VIP
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Pretty sure I heard that Buttifant signed a new contract 6-8 weeks ago. :cry:
In hindsight I think he might be trying to deflect attention away from Watters by throwing Maxy in the mix :!:
I doubt MM gives a stuff about the pies next season. He is out of there.

averypr

saint coach

MM always raises other issues or in this case other people to deflect the media off himself. Something will happen with him - tipping he leaves collingwood.

Also understand passion for the saints but you can't bag Max for going to collimgwood. Yes he possibly went there to understand Lyon's defensive plays but hopefully he is learning as well. He wuld still have a bit to go i'd think to become a senior coach - as does R Harvey.

Lets hope we don't get Eade or Mark Harvey or any other old coach.

Our big issue now is funding from corporates. We must open ourselves up to the media. And get on teh front foot if a bad issue arises. Corporates want there name out there and access to our players is a vital way of doing it.

Saint 87.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:
Himself?
Contracted.

*as if that makes a difference*
he hasn't mentioned me yet

I love this club
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

St Lenny wrote:

Yeah, agreed. I had number 8 on my back for his entire career, from season 1 til the end. But my love for him is somewhat diminished after his exploits at the filth.

Screams to me like a smokescreen. What coach would be trying to create attention for his assistants when his club is about to play a prelim? Don't get it unless he has an alterier motive.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
GoTheTorp
Club Player

St Lenny wrote:

Did his job very well. thats what he was emplyed to do, get over it!

linmarnic
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
St Lenny wrote:

Why because Maxie did his Job, a job he was paid to do. Im sure Max is very professional
Professional or not, there are some jobs you can not accept. By accepting this job, Max conspired to defeat his mates (and Saints supporters) on the biggest day of their footballing lives. It was not their fault that Lyin dropped Max. I guess its still a bit raw with me.

Never give up
GoTheTorp
Club Player

linmarnic wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
St Lenny wrote:

Professional or not, there are some jobs you can not accept. By accepting this job, Max conspired to defeat his mates (and Saints supporters) on the biggest day of their footballing lives. It was not their fault that Lyin dropped Max. I guess its still a bit raw with me.
He was a member of the Collingwood football club and not St Kilda, footy is a funny game you know, you give your all for the club thats employing you

linmarnic
Club Player

GoTheTorp wrote:
linmarnic wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
St Lenny wrote:

He was a member of the Collingwood football club and not St Kilda, footy is a funny game you know, you give your all for the club thats employing you
Well he should not have accepted this job with the filth. Anyone could see they employed him for one reason only and now they probably don't need him any more.

Never give up
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

linmarnic wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:
linmarnic wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
St Lenny wrote:

Well he should not have accepted this job with the filth. Anyone could see they employed him for one reason only and now they probably don't need him any more.
Tell us all you are joking.