Would Carlton be interested in Kosi?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

End Of An Era
Club Player

Would Carlton be interested in Kosi?

If they are, and are prepared to give us there first pick (would it be around the pick 30 mark?), we should bloody take it.

noob
Club Player

lol wouldn't get a first round pick.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Would Carlton be interested in Kosi?

End Of An Era wrote:If they are, and are prepared to give us there first pick (would it be around the pick 30 mark?), we should bloody take it.
I dont know but would GC be interested in Polo. If we could get an early second for him like pick 32 I would take that. Maybe even Gamble.

End Of An Era
Club Player

noob wrote:lol wouldn't get a first round pick.
Not even pick 30?

saintlee
Club Player

We'd be lucky to get a fourth round pick for Kosi. Not worth trading.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
End Of An Era wrote:If they are, and are prepared to give us there first pick (would it be around the pick 30 mark?), we should bloody take it.
I dont know but would GC be interested in Polo. If we could get an early second for him like pick 32 I would take that. Maybe even Gamble.
I think you're taking the piss. Not sure. Could go either way...yep..reckon you are.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I think you're taking the piss. Not sure. Could go either way...yep..reckon you are.
Well i was just following the other poster. Surely he is taking the piss thinking we would get a first rounder for Kosi.
Last edited by plugger66 on Tue 20 Sep 2011 4:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

End Of An Era
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
If your referring to me, I am being deadly serious. They want a key forward so they may be prepared to pay a little over. You never know!!

Ross who?
Club Player

Kosi is very important to our structure. You have to be kidding!

Blake Acres fan club VIP
savatage
SS Life Member

End Of An Era wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
If your referring to me, I am being deadly serious. They want a key forward so they may be prepared to pay a little over. You never know!!
Love your optimism but wouldn't happen in a billion years.

mohannair
Club Player

Can we pl. leave Kosi alone. For Gods sake he is reqd to support Roey & also Ben in ruck.

If not, at least give him a spell as today is his birthday. :wink:

gosaints
Club Player

I like Kosi and thought he had a decent year...

In saying that Carlton have Warnock, Kruzer and Hampson.
Kruzer and Hampson ruck and can go forward, just like Kosi.
Both would be worth more than Kosi on the open market.
This suggests to me that Carlton would have no interest in Kosi.

Carlton need a forward like Dawes, not a ruck / forward like Kosi.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

You're just trying to deflect from the fact that Carlton are after your boy at FF, Dawes...

You'd get a first rounder for him you'd think??

Griggsy
SS Life Member

If Roo struggles again this year, no kosi will make it a whole lot worse.

Also is McEvoy playing 100% game time? People are saying Kosi out in one thread, Blake only as a back up in another, while in a 3rd saying Stanley hasnt developed enough yet. So trading for a pick is not going to help.

Also I thought it was a weak draft pool (correct me if I am wrong). So the return on Kosi for that pick could have us losing that trade in a few years, Unless we pick right, knowing our luck and with coaches leaving left right and center we will pick wrong.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Is this is a comedy thread?

Every year for the last 7 people have talked about trading Kosi - The blues have plenty of talls. They need a key fwd but Kosi is not a key fwd.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Well i was just following the other poster. Surely he is taking the piss thinking we would get a first rounder for Kosi.
You're not ambitious enough. I think we should still be aiming for Dawes for Gilbert and pick 20. :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't offer Gilbert and pick 20 for Dawes. Collingwood can't pay market value so a high value on his head will see him as easy pickings. Just a high second rounder and a front ender but manipulate it and we don't have to pay anything.

SunburySaint
Club Player

Or if your hutchy, Ryder and pick 20 for Goddard.....

Now lives in Geelong...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I wouldn't offer Gilbert and pick 20 for Dawes. Collingwood can't pay market value so a high value on his head will see him as easy pickings. Just a high second rounder and a front ender but manipulate it and we don't have to pay anything.
Pretty sure it was a joke and he didnt say that anyway. We were getting Dawes and pick 20 for Gilbert.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Oh My God.

It's best if i just say nothing here. But i do hope you are just after a bit of a laugh.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
battye
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:Kosi is very important to our structure. You have to be kidding!
Exactly.

And anyway, pick 30? There's no point trading for picks unless it's top 10. With St Kilda's recent recruiting history anything beyond that is a complete gamble with the odds stacked against us.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
andrewg
Club Player

Hey let's keep someone! At least kosi is loyal!

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:
You're just trying to deflect from the fact that Carlton are after your boy at FF, Dawes...

You reckon it's a Coll troll - sounds like it could be NeXus :shock:

No Contract, No contact :shock:
Rosco
Club Player

if they offer a first rounder for him then we should ask for juddy instead, cos clearly they would be insane.

End Of An Era
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

You reckon it's a Coll troll - sounds like it could be NeXus :shock:
What's a NeXus?