Supporting and believing in OUR players as TEAM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Supporting and believing in OUR players as TEAM

PS if you wish to diss or dismiss a player GO TO ANOTHER THREAD there are enough of them :shock:

My Message for the Saints players ;
If it's with in your control Guys I'd like you to stick around
watching some games from 2006 the majority of you have stuck together and developed together and over that time overcome a myriad of situations.- including now
there are new young players who you have taken under your wing and included in your LOYALTY

-while others have shown that Loyalty is not a word in their vocabulary - many need credit for being Committed to the Saints - the core have all taken hits on what they could have gotten elsewhere some people seem to be borrowing future angst and indecision.

I detest trade / exhange week because it means saying goodbye- even worse now they make it go an extra 3 days- I know others love it
but this constant calling to trade the heart and soul that saints players show annoys me. yes i know we need to refresh BUt show them some dignity, and appreciate what they have done..

hey Players ( and coaches) can be mercenary But for many supporters it's the committed ones that bring us back and keep us conencted...

GO Saints

ok I've waffled enough back to your dismantling of the saints and their admin .... :roll:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
jays
Club Player

go saints

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Our "top six" have provided enormous character and endeavour to the club over many years now. They need to be supported and any talk of "massive" trading and/or "bottoming out" needs to be looked at very carefully by "new comers" to the Club.

From a Membership and a Sponsorship perspective, the Club cannot afford a total clean-out. The ramifications would be very severe - adversley so.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Our "top six" have provided enormous character and endeavour to the club over many years now. They need to be supported and any talk of "massive" trading and/or "bottoming out" needs to be looked at very carefully by "new comers" to the Club.

From a Membership and a Sponsorship perspective, the Club cannot afford a total clean-out. The ramifications would be very severe - adversley so.
Don't think Lenny would be feeling too good if he starts thinking he's working his way back from a knee reco, at 31 years of age, just to be part of a multi year tanking project.

Roo wouldn't be impressed either.

These are proud men and club champions. The thought of a total rebuild would crush them.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Supporting and believing in OUR players as TEAM

saintbrat wrote:PS if you wish to diss or dismiss a player GO TO ANOTHER THREAD there are enough of them :shock:

watching some games from 2006 the majority of you have stuck together and developed together and over that time overcome a myriad of situations.- including now
there are new young players who you have taken under your wing and included in your LOYALTY

-while others have shown that Loyalty is not a word in their vocabulary - many need credit for being Committed to the Saints - the core have all taken hits on what they could have gotten elsewhere some people seem to be borrowing future angst and indecision.

I detest trade / exhange week because it means saying goodbye- even worse now they make it go an extra 3 days- I know others love it
but this constant calling to trade the heart and soul that saints players show annoys me. yes i know we need to refresh BUt show them some dignity, and appreciate what they have done..

hey Players ( and coaches) can be mercenary But for many supporters it's the committed ones that bring us back and keep us conencted...

GO Saints

ok I've waffled enough back to your dismantling of the saints and their admin .... :roll:
i think i love you brattie....post of the year....i hate draft week...would like to take a couple of pills at the start of it and wake up when it's over.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintbrat wrote:PS if you wish to diss or dismiss a player GO TO ANOTHER THREAD there are enough of them :shock:

GO Saints

i think i love you brattie....post of the year....i hate draft week...would like to take a couple of pills at the start of it and wake up when it's over.....
I love draft week..especially if we are involved....except if we are trading for hacks...a Lyin specialty

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
noreason41
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:Our "top six" have provided enormous character and endeavour to the club over many years now. They need to be supported and any talk of "massive" trading and/or "bottoming out" needs to be looked at very carefully by "new comers" to the Club.

Loyalty is a two way street. A lot of the players have shown a significant of degree of loyalty to the club, it should be repayed.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

just in case it's need re affirming

I support the players and the team and yes even the baord to work through these current situations

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
matrix
Saintsational Legend

dear BJ

take us to the top

love matrix 8-)

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I agree wholeheartedly with you Saintbrat.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Hooray for people who post on here like Bratty!

Without them we'd have pretty gloomy sort of a forum, wouldn't we?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

surely supporting is about CELEBRATING and ENCOURAGING as much as it may include some CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions..

GO SAINTS
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 24 Sep 2011 9:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
BushDave
Club Player

To infinity and beyond.....Go Saints!

Never Give Up!
loris
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
i think i love you brattie...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I feel jilted stinger :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

saintnick12
Club Player

I agree.

People are wanting loyalty from coaches and players, yet are willing to trade great players etc and talk of not renewing memberships if certain coaches are appointed.

When your team makes the GF, all supporters come out of the woodwork.
But it's in the hard times that we find out who the true supporters are.

It's going to be another difficult summer for our club, but get it right and I still think we are well in the hunt in the next couple of years.

Go Saints!!!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

good call.