Sobering reading

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Sobering reading

Premiership people coming to the Saints for no premiership. Coaches: Jezza/ Jewell/ Blight/ Alves/ Watson/ Sheldon/ Patterson/ Lyon (premiership assistant coach) Silvagni (premiership player/ assistant) Tudor (premiership assistant) and Dempster & Schneider as players.. so far. probably more...Gawd..grim reading!

What about those who left us and went on to premierships: Ian Stewart, Perovic, Greene, Ball, Hall

The only coach to get us a flag was Yabby, who was a struggling backman and got the coaching job as a low profile candidate not considered as a coach.

I've had a change of heart today..bugger experienced premiership coaches from elsewhere, get a novice with good ideas who will work cheap!!!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sobering reading

spert wrote:Premiership people coming to the Saints for no premiership. Coaches: Jezza/ Jewell/ Blight/ Alves/ Watson/ Sheldon/ Patterson/ Lyon (premiership assistant coach) Silvagni (premiership player/ assistant) Tudor (premiership assistant) and Dempster & Schneider as players.. so far. probably more...Gawd..grim reading!

What about those who left us and went on to premierships: Ian Stewart, Perovic, Greene, Ball, Hall

The only coach to get us a flag was Yabby, who was a struggling backman and got the coaching job as a low profile candidate not considered as a coach.

I've had a change of heart today..bugger experienced premiership coaches from elsewhere, get a novice with good ideas who will work cheap!!!!
Agree. Don't get some old codger who we'll have to replace again in 2 years time.

That Scott fella at Geelong shows it can be done.

clisaint
Club Player

spert wrote:Premiership people coming to the Saints for no premiership. Coaches: Jezza/ Jewell/ Blight/ Alves/ Watson/ Sheldon/ Patterson/ Lyon (premiership assistant coach) Silvagni (premiership player/ assistant) Tudor (premiership assistant) and Dempster & Schneider as players.. so far. probably more...Gawd..grim reading!

Add in Malthouse to the list that left and went on to flag elsewhere. It would be oh so St Kilda if he were to come back, as you just know he'd make it onto both lists. Have a feeling Lyon will be on both lists as well. f*** it's hard being a Sainter.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:... get a novice with good ideas who will work cheap!!!!
OK, I'll do it.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Report back ASAP

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

perfectionist wrote:
spert wrote:... get a novice with good ideas who will work cheap!!!!
OK, I'll do it.
I'll do it..... and I'll pay. :D

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
mordi
Club Player

OK, from now on no-one can leave!

What's the Point of it All?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

A novice, ie. GT??

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Graet thread and I agree totally...oh you forgot to mention Dean Rice - went to Carlton and they won it in '95