First Post - We will be stronger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JJM

First Post - We will be stronger

I am a long time reader moved to post for the first time by the events that now surround our club. I have been overseas since 2005 and have used Saintsational as my means of keeping in touch with all things St.Kilda.
Now is not the time for personal pot shots or snipes – it is disappointing to read comments from G.T. and Buttress.
The Board are always an easy target but really what more could they have done. They were in negotiations with Lyon’s managers at the time. Lyon however was negotiating himself – unknown to all.
According to reports the Board originally made an offer to Lyon back in May – at the time we were 1 win and 8 losses. That is a fair show of support I would think.
Integrity, honesty, loyalty all words used to describe Lyon in the past – yet the current circumstances have seen his own Management Company sack him for the deceitful way they were used.
In the end are St.Kilda better off – hopefully in the long run we will be. For it appears that for all his posturing and statements to the contrary Lyon has in fact had his own agenda. His negotiations with Fremantle did not happen just yesterday afternoon. How long had this been in the pipeline?
I see Andrew D. of the AFL has come out and questioned Lyon’s integrity - as have a few others in various media outlets.
However it won’t be long before certain parties, Walls and G.Lyon, come out with articles defending his actions and damning our club.
Whilst we have enjoyed success under Lyon we have also paid a price. Maxy and Luke Ball were quality St.Kilda people – now others get the benefits of their qualities.
Anyway my thoughts are that you reap what you sow – goodluck to Fremantle and Lyon – they deserve each other.
As for the SAINTS – we will go on – this will make us stronger and sharpen the appetite of the players even more – if for no other reason, than to prove to someone that they trusted and believed in, that betrayal and treachery don’t bring success.

ThePunter
Club Player

Strength through loyalty.

I love the saints!
Club Player

This great club has taken so many hits and our great strength is that we survive. This is just another challenge for us and we will come out the other side better and stronger! Why? Because we are St Kilda football club!

In STKFC we trust.
philtee
Club Player

Welcome aboard JJM. Watch out for snipers !
Yes, I can't wait for the mandatory Robert Walls opinion piece. The moral gymnastics should be breathtaking.