Well done to club admin for not carrying on like.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

Well done to club admin for not carrying on like.....

the hysterical idiots on here...

According to some:
- we should have bent over & offered him the world to stay, maybe also in his own private jet.
- We should have spent $100mill to kick out the cricket club form junction oval, or paid off the moorabbin council, or bought the treasury gardens in the city and set up a training base there to make RL stay
- If we didn't sign RL we would have spent a 1000 yrs in damnation

Yep, there one thing about a large proportion of saint fans....they fear any change at all, because their default position is that it will all be bad.......that's a sad way to think & live.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well done to club admin for not carrying on like.....

kaos theory wrote:Yep, there one thing about a large proportion of saint fans....they fear any change at all, because their default position is that it will all be bad.......that's a sad way to think & live.
OR

They just believe in the bloke and feel he's the best person to take us fwd?

I think its also sad when we condemn other peoples thinking/feeling cause we don't understand it......perhaps says more about the individuals with the claims?

Anyhow, IF TRUE Im wrapt hes staying.

“Yeah….nah””
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Mmmmmmmmm? yes I'd go along with much of this shite! :?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Yes I agree, it's embarrassing the way some people carry on.

Was always going to stay, not sure why anyone would have thought otherwise!

kaos theory
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Yes I agree, it's embarrassing the way some people carry on.

Was always going to stay, not sure why anyone would have thought otherwise!
:lol:

noreason41
Club Player

kaos theory wrote:Yep, there one thing about a large proportion of saint fans....they fear any change at all, because their default position is that it will all be bad.......that's a sad way to think & live.
Gee, generalise much?

Based on the ramblings of a small group of supporters, you're conclusion is that the most of us sit at home wishing that the world was the same as it was in 66?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I reckon it was a close decision.....that worried me...

Why risk losing out???

Glad he stayed....bet the admin was too.....i have a feeling it was more about what lyon wanted than what the admin wanted

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:the hysterical idiots on here...

According to some:
- we should have bent over & offered him the world to stay, maybe also in his own private jet.
- We should have spent $100mill to kick out the cricket club form junction oval, or paid off the moorabbin council, or bought the treasury gardens in the city and set up a training base there to make RL stay
- If we didn't sign RL we would have spent a 1000 yrs in damnation

Yep, there one thing about a large proportion of saint fans....they fear any change at all, because their default position is that it will all be bad.......that's a sad way to think & live.
yes well said.

It was incredibly the hysteria around here today.

And for what? A friggin' coach FFS.

Make no mistake, like every coach, every player, Lyon will be gawn one day.

The only thing that is a constant is the supporters.

Basically couldn't care less if he went or stayed, couldn't care less if he wanted to stay more than the board or vica versa.

Stay or go, I dont support a coach, I dont support a player, I support a football team and club.

Load of hysterical bollocks from a bunch of people who need a bit more in their lives :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So you have been fine losing lyon???

Hecould have joined
Stewart, lockett, hall, everitt, smith, wakelin, lappin, ball, greene, perovic, mcadam.....another person gone elsewhere to win....

I am happy we didnt lose yet another star...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

good lord
heaven forbid some people getting worried about the coach leaving after shite loads of rumors and the actual coach not coming out and stating that he will be coaching said team for the remaining time of his contract, because they love the club immensely and believe he can help them rebuild and is actually a good coach

you silly pratts how dare you
unreal

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I support stability. This club has had NONE in years gone by. The only stable thing we've managed to do was win spoons and sack coaches. Kudos to the current board. Obviously they are doing the right thing by the club and its members.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: yes well said.

It was incredibly the hysteria around here today.

Basically couldn't care less if he went or stayed, couldn't care less if he wanted to stay more than the board or vica versa.

Stay or go, I dont support a coach, I dont support a player, I support a football team and club.

Load of hysterical bollocks from a bunch of people who need a bit more in their lives :roll:
Testify!!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So you have been fine losing lyon???

Hecould have joined
Stewart, lockett, hall, everitt, smith, wakelin, lappin, ball, greene, perovic, mcadam.....another person gone elsewhere to win....

I am happy we didnt lose yet another star...
But in reality, we lost all those guys yet just played in 2 GFs and only just missed out.

The show goes on. Clubs don't meltdown because of this stuff, they never have.

For some reason, whenever something like this bobs up, for any club, the media and the fans suggest that that'll be the end of the club.

Why is that? It's never happened before!

f***, even the Melbourne Storm bounced back!

It's never the end of the world. The only time it's really upsetting/concerning from a footy perspective, is when the club is on the verge of challenging and things break down.

But in our case just now, I don't think we're on the verge of anything for a couple of years. So if this type of breakdown is going to happen, this was probably the best time for it to occur.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

a few had already damned the board...

height of stupidity... coz it's "obvious he's going to go" coz of what was said by MN on FC

markp
Saintsational Legend

If you took away the henny pennyism and hindsight floggery from here (particularly in the off season) it'd probably be a fairly dull place.

But geez, some folk.... :P

Of course the people really involved and armed with all the facts (club and coach) kept their cool.

And why the hell would he go to melbourne anyway?.... they're a rabble from top to bottom, with no guarantee their pea-hearted list will or can deliver anything... he'd be leaving an environment and group he obviously loves and potentially setting himself up as the next terry wallet. He just aint that dumb.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:If you took away the henny pennyism and hindsight floggery from here (particularly in the off season) it'd probably be a fairly dull place.

Of course the people really involved and armed with all the facts (club and coach) kept their cool.

And why the hell would he go to melbourne anyway?.... they're a rabble from top to bottom, with no guarantee their pea-hearted list will or can deliver anything... he'd be leaving an environment and group he obviously loves and potentially setting himself up as the next terry wallet. He just aint that dumb.
It makes me laugh when some media types (try Healy & Noddy on OTC) make reference to St Kilda's financial woes as one reason Ross may consider leaving.

Leaving to go to Melbourne? A perenial basket case. A club reliant on AFL handouts and presently only saved from enormous financial problems due to a massive donation drive through the upper end of town. A drive no doubt assisted greatly by the charasmatic Jim Stynes and the terrible health problems he is facing.

Sure Ross may be tempted by a Melbourne offer but to suggest it's because of the Saints finances, well, pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase!

longtimesaint
Club Player

Why are we in this financial problem -all the other clubs including Carlton have gone to the AFL for handouts -why don't we?
Or at the least get them to improve our stadium returns or give us the gate takings of bigger games other than interstate sides.

One year will be our year
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:Why are we in this financial problem -all the other clubs including Carlton have gone to the AFL for handouts -why don't we?
Or at the least get them to improve our stadium returns or give us the gate takings of bigger games other than interstate sides.
+1

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
markp wrote:If you took away the henny pennyism and hindsight floggery from here (particularly in the off season) it'd probably be a fairly dull place.

It makes me laugh when some media types (try Healy & Noddy on OTC) make reference to St Kilda's financial woes as one reason Ross may consider leaving.

Leaving to go to Melbourne? A perenial basket case. A club reliant on AFL handouts and presently only saved from enormous financial problems due to a massive donation drive through the upper end of town. A drive no doubt assisted greatly by the charasmatic Jim Stynes and the terrible health problems he is facing.

Sure Ross may be tempted by a Melbourne offer but to suggest it's because of the Saints finances, well, pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase!
The part about all of this that irks me the most, is that for some reason the media experts seem to think it's completely acceptable for Lyon to walk out on the club.

And for pathetic reasons such as his players mucking up in NZ, or the club losing money this year!

f***** hell, it's irks me to tears!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Has it been confirmed he is definitely staying yet?

My mail is that Melbourne are still confident.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

troll!!
ban him 8-)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: It was incredibly the hysteria around here today.

CLUELESS

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bit harsh joff
saying some of us need more in our lives because we were honestly worried the coach might be poached???

youre always whining about something
maybe you need more in your life??

see
stupid isnt it

everyones diff

kaos theory
Club Player

To several posters here:

The point is not that it is wrong for people to be disappointed if RL left. I wanted him to stay, he is a very good coach, and I would have been disappointed too.

The point is that, he is free to do what he wants, and if he left, I don't take the default position that we are a rabble, the board should be sacked, etc...

Any objective look at our recent history shows that we are a club that has shown stability, professionalism and ability to bounce back from difficulties/setbacks. That hasn't happened by accident, its many people working hard to build on something and create a solid club.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote: Any objective look at our recent history shows that we are a club that has shown stability, professionalism and ability to bounce back from difficulties/setbacks.
Personally I think our 'recent' history regarding coaches has been awful, after the Sheldon, Watson, Blight & Thomas debacles, we finally have a quality coach who has produced results. If he walked out because we wouldn't offer him an extra year that would have been disastrous for our image, current playing group and also our ability to land another decent coach.