Interesting rumour...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Interesting rumour...

Underline rumour.

From a mate,who's source is from another club,but has been right before. He says Lyon told the group today he was leaving

Nettlefold on Footy Classified tonight announced only a few hours ago,be interesting what he says

Will know soon enough if it's BS or not. I would of thought it would of leaked by now if it was true

Bring back the Lockett era
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

not according to Roos on the couch- BUT he only had coffee with Ross today.

sheahan had spoken to nettlefold and same as last week want him to stay
Last edited by saintbrat on Mon 12 Sep 2011 10:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

He will stay. He's waiting to be offered a 3 year deal. ( 4 years all told )

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Well if it is true, which I doubt, then we will simply get a new coach.

I love this club
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Interesting rumour...

jonesy wrote:Underline rumour.

From a mate,who's source is from another club,but has been right before. He says Lyon told the group today he was leaving

Nettlefold on Footy Classified tonight announced only a few hours ago,be interesting what he says

Will know soon enough if it's BS or not. I would of thought it would of leaked by now if it was true
What did your mate get right before?

Buckets
SS Life Member

Well I had heard that Ross had been offered a 3 year extension and had taken it. Was going to be announced this week. Could be wrong but thought the info I got was sound.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Buckets
SS Life Member

Well I had heard that Ross had been offered a 3 year extension and had taken it. Was going to be announced this week. Could be wrong but thought the info I got was sound.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Really hope he stays. Only because i like him and he has taken our club to two Grand Finals and not many coaches that have coached us can say that.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Really hope he stays. He has the footy smarts and gets a lot out of his players.

And I don't believe in the negative points that people bring up about him
ie His recruiting, I believe he was told to go for a premiership asap and the players he picked up helped us almost won 2. Using youth we probably would not have made it that far.
Also his gameplan. Think it is probably what suited our players the most and I have no doubts he can come up with another style of play to suit the next group of players.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Underline rumour.

Of course we would have. Especially as the players were off to their Mad Monday. 

As if they would have rocked up laughing and joking and saying nothing!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ask yourself this....if Lyon was leaving would he be delisting players?

No he would leave it to the net guy to make calls as he sees it.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:He will stay. He's waiting to be offered a 3 year deal. ( 4 years all told )
geez I pray your right...I really do......if for nothing else toshove it up G Lyons @ss.

I hope Melbourne fold I really do.

“Yeah….nah””
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Another opportunity awaits!
groupie1
Club Player

Moccha wrote:St Kilda keen to lock in Lyon

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 1k625.html
What we're all missing here is what Melb has done to put us in a corner, offering stupid long deals to coaches; forcing us to respond. RL should NOT be offered anything more than an extension to end of 2013. We might find out he's not good a rebuilding a list next year - if we've signed him on for an extra 3 years in the meantime, under pressure to keep him, we're in real s***.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Giving him a longer term contract may work in our favour. With so many of our key players over the age of 28, Ross may be forced to accept the reality of needing to rebuild with a new group of youngsters.

With a shorter term deal he may not make the best long term list management decisions. Then again, that's Chris Pelchen's job, and I hope he has sufficient authority to drive the list management appropriately.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Ask yourself this....if Lyon was leaving would he be delisting players?

Yes he would have because it is far from only him who does it and even if it was him only which it isnt, does he stop doing things for the club weeks before he leaves because these guys were tols a few weeks ago. i have no idea if the guy is leaving but those guys being delisted has nothing to do with whether he stays or not.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Also his gameplan. Think it is probably what suited our players the most and I have no doubts he can come up with another style of play to suit the next group of players.
That's the key, and the unknown.

The rest I'm not too worried about. It's whether or not he's capable of coming up with something new that concerns me.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Ask yourself this....if Lyon was leaving would he be delisting players?

Yes he would have because it is far from only him who does it and even if it was him only which it isnt, does he stop doing things for the club weeks before he leaves because these guys were tols a few weeks ago. i have no idea if the guy is leaving but those guys being delisted has nothing to do with whether he stays or not.
If Lyon is delisting them, then I'd say it's a huge indication he's preparing for next year at our club.

But that's only if it is him doing it.

I'd be amazed if the head coach doesn't have the final say in whether or not someone plays on next year or not though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If Lyon is delisting them, then I'd say it's a huge indication he's preparing for next year at our club.

I'd be amazed if the head coach doesn't have the final say in whether or not someone plays on next year or not though.
I would be amazed if it isnt discussed as a group and it was done a few weeks ago so what has leaving now got to do with that. You may as well say he stopped trying as coach. And what happens if he leaves and we dont get a coach for 6 weeks. Do we not delist anyone as the coach has the final say. RL is a professional and would do work right up until the day he leaves.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I would be amazed if it isnt discussed as a group and it was done a few weeks ago so what has leaving now got to do with that. You may as well say he stopped trying as coach. And what happens if he leaves and we dont get a coach for 6 weeks. Do we not delist anyone as the coach has the final say. RL is a professional and would do work right up until the day he leaves.
Yeah, I'd imagine there are group discussions with plenty of cluey people involved.
But in the end, I'd be surprised if the head coach wasn't the one making the final call on his players.

But look, I could be wrong.

As for the last sentence, that's what happened with Milne! Sheldon had him up for trade when we didn't have a coach! And the first thing the coach did was take him off that table.

I know we needed someone to take on the trade week thing without a coach, but that to me was a clear example of how it's illogical for someone other than the coach to decide who the best players are to carry it his game plan.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Well I had heard that Ross had been offered a 3 year extension and had taken it. Was going to be announced this week. Could be wrong but thought the info I got was sound.
Thats my oil to and my oil is good oil

3 year deal on top of the year he already has making it 4
Happy with pretty much everything including the coin just working through some minor nitty gritty

#1 Ryder fan
markp
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
Buckets wrote:Well I had heard that Ross had been offered a 3 year extension and had taken it. Was going to be announced this week. Could be wrong but thought the info I got was sound.

Happy with pretty much everything including the coin just working through some minor nitty gritty
Hope this is true... not only because I want Lyon to stay, but because it will show all this foolish speculation, fanciful kite flying and utter BS for what it is... total dross.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

f*** i hope Gusto is right

would be great news imo

seriously do we really want another coach?
start again?
all the gossip and media??

f*** that, can we have a couple of years where everything is just good and nice and comfy??
not too much to ask is it
??

Buckets
SS Life Member

MC Gusto wrote:

Yep exactly what I had heard. Had also heard that Melbourne had made a play for him going back nearly a month ago. So all this talk from them about Scully just seems hypocritcal.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:

Hope this is true... not only because I want Lyon to stay, but because it will show all this foolish speculation, fanciful kite flying and utter BS for what it is... total dross.
Markp please! There is no fanciful kite flying and utter BS here.

Why even this morning Mike Sheahan is quoting impeccable sources:

"...Close observers suspect there are growing concerns from both parties, Lyon believed to be questioning the club's faith in him after five years, despite his 63 per cent win rate.

It is believed the Saints are not prepared to offer any more than a two-year extension (post 2012), with the proposed extension apparently containing a raft of conditions.....":

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6135246826

Close observers markp; close observers! It is believed!

Mike has spoken - Ross is gone!!!

:sarcasm: