Would Have Given It Back

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Would Have Given It Back

Anyway if we had won the flag this year we would have had to give it back. A premiership without Lenny in the team is no premiership at all! Probably would have been more heartbreaking. We want the fairytale- we want it all. :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:
Last edited by tony74 on Sun 11 Sep 2011 7:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Would Have Given It Back

tony74 wrote:Anyway if we had won the flag this year we would have had to give it back. A premiership without Lenny in the team is no premiership at all! Probably would have been more heartbreaking. We want the fairytale- we want it all.
Another reason why we fail. We worry to much about individuals. I would hav loved Lenny missing winning the flag because it means we won it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:Anyway if we had won the flag this year we would have had to give it back. A premiership without Lenny in the team is no premiership at all! Probably would have been more heartbreaking. We want the fairytale- we want it all.
Another reason why we fail. We worry to much about individuals. I would hav loved Lenny missing winning the flag because it means we won it.
Understand what you're saying plug but tony's sentiments are understandable from a fan's perspective.

And I don't think our views have any effect on how the team performs.

A lot of us do want it all although if we had won the flag without Lenny I'm sure we would have eventually gotten over it :wink:

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Don't think Crows minded without Modra :cry:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Don't think Crows minded without Modra :cry:
Yep and Im pretty sure our supporters got over Big Carl missing in 1966. If we worked on that theory we would still have no flags.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I guess I'm a glass half full person, I'd like to think the road ahead will be more rosy than the one behind us. Something will click and we'll all see something very special.

I hope our blokes enjoy a "tame" mad Monday, get their bodies and minds right (after an exhausting couple of seasons) and come out spitting fire in 2012. I hope they really rest up and refresh.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

At least the creature from hell will have 2 new clubs to harass in the off season.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Really? I would have said, "sorry you weren't there Lenny. But what a team effort. More champagne?"

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't give a rats who plays/doesn't play if we won a flag.

That's all that matters.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

The spirit of Lenny Hayes is still in the team anyway.

It would have been his flag too.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Ridiculous call, next year looks to be Lenny's last chance though.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Goodness this forum is a strange place. On one thread I've been reading how Baker ought to suck it up, don't call us we'll call you, modern footy is a tough unsentimental game, the club is bigger than the player, etc

Then I come on this thread and read that we'd rather not win a premiership if Lenny isn't in the side. FFS!!!

I was sad that Harves and Max weren't in our 2009 GF side. But I still wanted us to win.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

It really was meant as a tongue in cheek comment !

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
It really was meant as a tongue in cheek comment !
Next time use the tongue in cheek icon. :sarcasm:

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Noted------- and remedied.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Stupid post.
Couldn't care less who's in the team if we were to win it.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

tony74 wrote:Anyway if we had won the flag this year we would have had to give it back. A premiership without Lenny in the team is no premiership at all! Probably would have been more heartbreaking. We want the fairytale- we want it all. :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:
Absolute rubbish...club is bigger than individual! No wonder we only have one premiership! I saw Lenny Hayes at the game tonight holding his baby this cute chubby faced kid! haha I love Lenny he is my favourite player after Harvey but if we were to win a flag without Lenny so be it!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
tony74 wrote:Anyway if we had won the flag this year we would have had to give it back. A premiership without Lenny in the team is no premiership at all! Probably would have been more heartbreaking. We want the fairytale- we want it all. :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:
Absolute rubbish...club is bigger than individual! No wonder we only have one premiership! I saw Lenny Hayes at the game tonight holding his baby this cute chubby faced kid! haha I love Lenny he is my favourite player after Harvey but if we were to win a flag without Lenny so be it!
Reckon that maybe his sisters baby. I dont think Tara has had a baby recently.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He just said he was being sarcastic.

Refer thread: "Welcome back!".

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

After he realised everyone disagreed with him

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

tony74 wrote:Anyway if we d won the flag this year we would have had to give it back. A premiership without Lenny in the team is no premiership at all! Probably would have been more heartbreaking. We want the fairytale- we want it all. :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:
Just saw the sarcasm alert signs haha! I have had a few today and i am pissed because I feel we have missed our chance with this team and I am probably taking it to personaly we will have to wait a long time now for another decent crack at it, but just one bloody flag for heavens sake I am 35, my brother is 40 will we see one???

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

So what are these?
tony74 wrote::sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Everyone is a little testy today

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

So what are these?
Again i say "After he realised everyone disagreed with him"

In saying that if thats how he feels i accept that.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

So what are these?
Again i say "After he realised everyone disagreed with him"

In saying that if thats how he feels i accept that.
Serious? Sarcastic?