Have a great game Jack.... ( Age story)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Have a great game Jack.... ( Age story)

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/a-ja ... 1k1tu.html
has worked hard...... keep it up Jack and keep bouncing back.
JACK Steven was feeling relaxed when he turned up in collar and tie for the AFL's Rising Star award in the city this week. He knew that Dyson Heppell and Luke Shuey were the favoured boys. ''I'm no chance,'' he said.

So St Kilda's tough little on-baller enjoyed his lunch and went back to preparing for his first final, against Sydney at Docklands tonight, in his 30th senior game. It's the way he likes it, nice and quiet.

Steven, 21, comes without much notice. He has not done much media, so even St Kilda supporters don't know much about him. Other than the fact that as a player, he has a habit of pitching up for contests, and if he gets bowled over, he's back up quickly with those little legs churning. Certainly, there's a lot to like about him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
At the end of an off-season of turmoil at St Kilda, it was the last thing the club needed. He worked for six weeks for the brother of a friend on building sites, and still does the occasional day's labour. ''It was definitely a big lesson learnt,'' he says. ''It gave me a little trigger just to switch on with my footy. It's turned out the best thing for me now. But it took me a while to get the respect back.''

Steven was recruited with pick 42 in the 2008 national draft from Geelong Falcons, but he hails from Lorne. The folk of the seaside town would never be surprised by his burgeoning as a player; at 16 and 17 he played for Lorne in Colac district league premierships, a boy against men

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

It's funny that they mention Steven playing amongst the seniors as a 16 year old. Exactly the same thing was said about Heyne who lately seems to have lost his way. It's been great to see Steven establish himself this year, I just wish more of his peers at the club would do the same.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

A good and interesting background story on Jack. Interesting comment about his "style of running" putting a few Clubs off him. I think that it looks a bit odd too, but he sure covers plenty of ground and very qiuickly too.

Keep up the great work Jack !!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i still wonder if he would have played this season had Lenny not gone down

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Let's be positive and say that we are fortunate to have Jack to plug the hole left by Lenny!

mick13
Club Player

2007 draft. Silly.

Good to see a Beda boy smashin it in the middle...even if it was only for one year :D

Strangle 'em Saints

Jack had a woeful game today.. and whilst he had a good season he was really disappointing today.. neither he nor armitage have shown they can play finals footy for mine

battye
Saintsational Legend

I thought Steven was decent tonight to be honest.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

[quote="Strangle 'em Saints" neither he nor armitage have shown they can play finals footy for mine[/quote]

not yet.
both worth persisting with though, jack needs to kick it properly and armitage needs to get fit or go play wafl.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
PJ
SS Life Member

battye wrote:I thought Steven was decent tonight to be honest.
Sorry can't agree with this. Woeful foot skills - guts young kid but can't kick to save his life.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
battye wrote:I thought Steven was decent tonight to be honest.
Sorry can't agree with this. Woeful foot skills - guts young kid but can't kick to save his life.
Yep. A slow player can survive in the AFL, but only if he is super skilled.

linz
Club Player

Interesting to see Hawthorn drafted lots of left footers as for some reason their disposal was better than right footers. Left handers are statistically more accident prone than right handers however. Is that why Hawthorn have more injuries than most?

Who cares we lost :?

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Rosco
Club Player

linz wrote:Interesting to see Hawthorn drafted lots of left footers as for some reason their disposal was better than right footers. Left handers are statistically more accident prone than right handers however. Is that why Hawthorn have more injuries than most?
more accident prone because the world is designed for rigt handed people. my mate is a left handed builder and hates all the right handed power tools (and still can't find a left handed screwdriver ;) )