Demetriou soft spot for Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa 5
Club Player

Demetriou soft spot for Saints

Interesting article in the HUN, any chance we might get the rub of the green this finals series :P

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/h ... 6132727454

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

There's three types of people I really don't rate - sleazy salesmen, politicians and liars.

He is the epitomy of all 3.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

any chance he can follow through with stadium assistance and FIXture fairness.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
fingers
Saintsational Legend

I was just about to paste a link to this article. Good to see. Demetriou does an outstanding job.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Demetriou does an outstanding job.
At filling his personal coffers.....

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It's a pity Demetriou didn't have a "Soft Spot" for the saints when he first knew that KD was living her lies through Anthony Dowsley and the Herald-Sun. He had the opportunity to squash that story very early on and chose not to.

Coming out now and saying he has a "Soft Spot" for the saints and all they went through early in the year reeks of hypocracy !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:It's a pity Demetriou didn't have a "Soft Spot" for the saints when he first knew that KD was living her lies through Anthony Dowsley and the Herald-Sun. He had the opportunity to squash that story very early on and chose not to.

Coming out now and saying he has a "Soft Spot" for the saints and all they went through early in the year reeks of hypocracy !!
I know. It's actually quite outrageous.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Geex ppl are tough. If he's a liar and sleazy, what has he got to be sleazy about with regards to this article? He's just wishing the saints all the best.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i must be getting old and soft......reading andrew's views on our saints made me all warm and fuzzy......now if he can get those nice umpires to think the same way... :wink: :wink: :wink: ...after all

pleasing the boss never hurt, :wink: :wink: 8-) guys

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

For starters he knows that the filth were all high on drugs in last years Grand Finals but swept it all under the carpet.

AFL response is to target test the main offenders SWAN, SWAN & SWAN and keep it all hush, hush

because if the real story got out that the filth cheated it would be too messy

has a soft spot for us because he knows we were cheated and is feeling guilty

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:It's a pity Demetriou didn't have a "Soft Spot" for the saints when he first knew that KD was living her lies through Anthony Dowsley and the Herald-Sun. He had the opportunity to squash that story very early on and chose not to.
crap. the story was there, it was always going to be a story once the media got hold of it, not sure what anyone could have done to stop that.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Oh good lord. :roll:

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
crap. the story was there, it was always going to be a story once the media got hold of it, not sure what anyone could have done to stop that.
Didn't Thomas get the arse from SEN at the demand of the AFL for bagging the AFL?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote: Good to see. Demetriou does an outstanding job.
oh dear :roll:

He does an outstanding job at lining his own pockets.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i must be getting old and soft......reading andrew's views on our saints made me all warm and fuzzy......

Just extremely gullible and easily conned but you've always been like that so nothing new there!

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

It worries me that a pig like him can throw a little bit of ear candy out there and people suddenly like him!

Frankly, I thin it's incredibly unprofessional for him to make comments like that leading in to the finals.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
If it's CRAP you might explain to me why Demetriou (on 60 Minutes) said that he knew that KD telling lies and the Herald-Sun was printing those lies and that he made a decision NOT to buy into the story at the time !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:any chance he can follow through with stadium assistance and FIXture fairness.
Nope.

He's nothing but a patronizing tool.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:If it's CRAP you might explain to me why Demetriou (on 60 Minutes) said that he knew that KD telling lies and the Herald-Sun was printing those lies and that he made a decision NOT to buy into the story at the time !!
if he'd come out and said "we're fairly certain that duthie is a liar", how do you think the story would have evolved? "afl tries to silence abused schoolgirl" - "afl culture hates women" - "demetriou has no proof for lie claims" - etc. yes, from a purely selfish point of view we'd rather he was the story rather than st kilda, but i can't think of any logical reason for him to do that.

i reiterate: once it became a story there's nothing anyone could have done to stop it. it just had to run its course.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Didn't Thomas get the arse from SEN at the demand of the AFL for bagging the AFL?
It certainly seems that this was the case. AD appears to suffer from an extremely thin skin: not so much personally, but on behalf of the organisation he runs.

He's got a lot to be defensive about IMO. While I think he has done some things well as head of the AFL, I still think he will ultimately go down in history as a failure: the CEO who guided the AFL down the disastrous expansion path into the Gold Coast and Western Sydney. (But I realise many on here don't agree with me about that, just as they don't agree with me that climate change is real and man made. We'll find out in time who was right and who was wrong.)

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Leo.J
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
Eastern wrote:If it's CRAP you might explain to me why Demetriou (on 60 Minutes) said that he knew that KD telling lies and the Herald-Sun was printing those lies and that he made a decision NOT to buy into the story at the time !!
if he'd come out and said "we're fairly certain that duthie is a liar", how do you think the story would have evolved? "afl tries to silence abused schoolgirl" - "afl culture hates women" - "demetriou has no proof for lie claims" - etc. yes, from a purely selfish point of view we'd rather he was the story rather than st kilda, but i can't think of any logical reason for him to do that.

i reiterate: once it became a story there's nothing anyone could have done to stop it. it just had to run its course.
If he knew it was all lies he had nothing to worry about then did he?

There was no evidence from the start of the whole thing, and a few on here myself included posed these questions when it all started.

Thats all anyone needed to do was look below the surface to realise it was rubbish, if Demetriou had of come out publicly when he knew, which was pretty early on it would have been allover [pretty quick.

And the Ricky Nixon crap would have been half the story it was.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I love how he now words it this way...

"We've invested a significant amount of football money on behalf of the clubs into a new team and it's gone exceptionally well from a planning and execution perspective."

Does that sound like someone distancing themselves fro the decision to introduce new clubs?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:It worries me that a pig like him can throw a little bit of ear candy out there and people suddenly like him!

Frankly, I thin it's incredibly unprofessional for him to make comments like that leading in to the finals.
A pig like him. I take it you are a great guy. You wouldnt know a thing about him and call him a pig. Yep thats really good. Dont worry you will get support from some of the other mindless people.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:It worries me that a pig like him can throw a little bit of ear candy out there and people suddenly like him!

A pig like him. I take it you are a great guy. You wouldnt know a thing about him and call him a pig. Yep thats really good. Dont worry you will get support from some of the other mindless people.

You don't know a thing about me (far less than what I know about Demetriou) and you call me all sorts of stuff and insult me all the time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You don't know a thing about me (far less than what I know about Demetriou) and you call me all sorts of stuff and insult me all the time.
Have I ever called you a pig? I doubt it. I disagree with many things you say but if I recall the last really personal comment was from you when you called me a f*** wit. That maybe true but you dont know for sure.