The stuff of dreams!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The stuff of dreams!

I can't say how much I'm currently enjoying seeing Geelong dismantle Collingwood! Cocky pr!cks! This should have happened last Prelim! But Geelongs handbags got in the road and they honestly played like a bunch of friggin nancys! What did we cop? A fired up Bulldogs side weary of the fact we took them out in the Prelim the season before.

Ride the storm this season Saints! Hard work over the next few rounds could see us as legitimate challengers to this seasons flag! That's what I'm talkin' about!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: The stuff of dreams!

St. Luke wrote:I can't say how much I'm currently enjoying seeing Geelong dismantle Collingwood! Cocky pr!cks! This should have happened last Prelim! But Geekongs handbags got in the road and they honestly played like a bunch of friggin nancys! What did we cop? A fired up Bulldogs side weary of the fact we took them out in the Prelim the season before.

Ride the storm this season Saints! Hard work over the next few rounds could see us as legitimate challengers to this seasons flag! That's what I'm talkin' about!

If you think this matters you obviously didnt see us play Adelaide in the last round of last year.

Wizsteppa
Club Player

Here here St Luke, was thinking the same thing just now. Can we just fast forward this sequence of events forward 6 weeks or so? ;).

Couldn't happen to a dirtier breed of vermin....

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:I can't say how much I'm currently enjoying seeing Geelong dismantle Collingwood! Cocky pr!cks! This should have happened last Prelim! But Geekongs handbags got in the road and they honestly played like a bunch of friggin nancys! What did we cop? A fired up Bulldogs side weary of the fact we took them out in the Prelim the season before.

If you think this matters you obviously didnt see us play Adelaide in the last round of last year.
I did. But this is 1 v 2. And the Cats are playing on and running like madmen. They are showing the rest how to do it. It matters alright. Just look at Mick in the box.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

seems Mick isn't taking this game lightly ........................

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I did. But this is 1 v 2. And the Cats are playing on and running like madmen. They are showing the rest how to do it. It matters alright. Just look at Mick in the box.
Yeah means a lot to Mick, as well as the Pies players trying to secure a spot in the finals.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yep and RL would have been the same in the box against Adelaide. Geelong have a lot more to play for than the pies. Their form lately hasnt been as good and they also play the Hawks who will be much harder to beat than the WCE over here. I take no notice of the last rounds in any competition. Seen to many weird results to worry about it.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...If you think this matters you obviously didnt see us play Adelaide in the last round of last year.
I did. And it was a last quarter "take it easy" not a whole match "take it easy".

They already have one serious injury to a very important player. Their most important player is Travis Cloke. If I were Mick, I would take him off right now.

BTW, Geelong's use of the ball is hardly good news for us.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

You would think the Pies would lose a bit of confidence if they cop a hiding against the Cats especially if they play them in the GF - losing to them twice in the H & A season with a hiding in round 22. On the other side of the ledger the Cats would be choc full of confidence playing them - confidence is a massive factor in footy as we know.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so Mick's not happy , results can be weird- so maybe it's above teh shoulders and subconscious for the pies....

it does matter But subconsciously- it doesn't matter.

But it is only half time...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:so Mick's not happy , results can be weird- so maybe it's above teh shoulders and subconscious for the pies....

Got no idea what you are on but keep smoking it. I know everyone is hoping they will fail but my bet is 10 goals over WCE.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Really Plugger? I didn't see the game against the Crows? Hell, I must have been doing my nails :roll:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:so Mick's not happy , results can be weird- so maybe it's above teh shoulders and subconscious for the pies....

Got no idea what you are on but keep smoking it. I know everyone is hoping they will fail but my bet is 10 goals over WCE.
I'm with you Plug - in all seriousness the result of this game means jack. We've seen top 1-4 teams continually get written off after poor performances in the latter rounds and then come out in the finals and do a 180 (Saints in 09 comes to mind and even the Pies last year losing to the Hawks in round 22).
Last edited by Old Mate on Fri 02 Sep 2011 10:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Club Player

Geelong have produced the best exhibition of clean footskills that I've seen for a long time.

Not like Hawthorn with their short kicking -- but genuine creative and effective use of the ball, with a lot of confidence.

The Pies might not really be affected by this result, but IMO it will give the Cats some confidence.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Did someone mention the ''W'' word?

F*** I'd like to see them out in straight sets with a recurrence of the Colliwobbles.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Did someone mention the ''W'' word?

F*** I'd like to see them out in straight sets with a recurrence of the Colliwobbles.
Is the W word win the GF. I cant believe people think this game matters to the pies at all. I do agree though it is great confidence to Geelong but as we are on their side of the draw I dont find it that much fun.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Is the W word win the GF. I cant believe people think this game matters to the pies at all. I do agree though it is great confidence to Geelong but as we are on their side of the draw I dont find it that much fun.
Whose side are you on anyway?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It's irrelevant but it will give cats confidence and that doesn't help us if we meet them.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

F$ck you Tarrant! That's what I'm talking about! Bash the living be-Jesus out if each other!!! Muhahaha

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...my bet is 10 goals over WCE.
OK. I'll have twenty at even money.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Is the W word win the GF. I cant believe people think this game matters to the pies at all. I do agree though it is great confidence to Geelong but as we are on their side of the draw I dont find it that much fun.
Im on the Saints side. It seems others are on the Geelong side. I dont see the thrill of Geelong finding form because I think we will play them week 2 if everything works out well for us.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Im on the Saints side. It seems others are on the Geelong side. I dont see the thrill of Geelong finding form because I think we will play them week 2 if everything works out well for us.
We can beat Geelong. We've proved it over a few seasons. Not sure about Collingwood.

St Lenny
Club Player

Hard to work out who I hate the most. Both a bunch of cocky pr.... in my book.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
We can beat Geelong. We've proved it over a few seasons. Not sure about Collingwood.
Yep we can but they are easier to beat out of form than in form. Some peoples hatred of the pies means they lose all common sense.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Did someone mention the ''W'' word?

Is the W word win the GF. I cant believe people think this game matters to the pies at all. I do agree though it is great confidence to Geelong but as we are on their side of the draw I dont find it that much fun.
They've lost Johnson and Tarrant and now Cloke's hobbling down the race and will lose to Geelong again.

I can't believe you don't think it matters, even a bit.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'