Gotta love the umps tonight...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gotta love the umps tonight...

Been gifted plenty

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

There is a match day thread.

OVer there.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Im sorry sir, must eveything related to the game be there... I dont ever go to matchday threads...if i want commentary, i listen to commentators

And imho this needs a seperate thread.....because they have been very helpful....

I have ray chamberlain in my votes

Munga
Saintsational Legend

The roos are playing like their coach did. Scragging and going too far, the frees are there.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

We got a fair go that's for sure. But we often don't , so I'll take it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

When were we paid frees that weren't there?

I thought the Roo off the ball one was weird, but any other glaring ones?

We smashed them at the tough ball. The team that does that ALWAYS gets paid frees.

Meh.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
PaytonPlace
Club Player

I just loved Boomer whinging and whinging and whinging...

If you can't handle the Dempster get out of the kitchen!

How does Razor Ray get games incidentally? Is it an example of Australian humour I don't get? The pumpkin even gave himself a shout out for bouncing the ball correctly at one point...

Becca

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:I just loved Boomer whinging and whinging and whinging...

How does Razor Ray get games incidentally? Is it an example of Australian humour I don't get? The pumpkin even gave himself a shout out for bouncing the ball correctly at one point...

Becca
His meltdown was hysterical I thought. Nice look, skip....Harvey always cops a bath against us it seems. First he was Jonesed, now he's been Demsptered.

Gee Dempster's having a year...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
PaytonPlace
Club Player

Thinline wrote:

Becca
His meltdown was hysterical I thought. Nice look, skip....Harvey always cops a bath against us it seems. First he was Jonesed, now he's been Demsptered.

Our captain got assaulted, landed on, and got himself up. Their captain "lodged a complaint" with the umpires...

Great leadership Boomer. Mental and physical dis-integration. Loved it.

Dempster, gives everything he has for the team. Outstanding tagger.

Becca

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Becca

Our captain got assaulted, landed on, and got himself up. Their captain "lodged a complaint" with the umpires...

Becca
Tagger seems an unkind label. He's an out and out workhorse.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Both great players

One a great leader

One a pathetic leader

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:...How does Razor Ray get games incidentally? Is it an example of Australian humour I don't get? The pumpkin even gave himself a shout out for bouncing the ball correctly at one point...
I think he is good umpire. All the umpires had trouble bouncing the ball in the centre because the circle had been replaced with new turf.

We got most of the 50/50s tonight and a few 10/90s.

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Becca

Becca
Tagger seems an unkind label. He's an out and out workhorse.
Wasn't meant as an insult by any means

His selflessness for the team is inspirational

Becca

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Realise that Becca. :D

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Hooray !!!!
first time all year we've got the rub of the green
now , we're probably only 60 frees behind breaking even for the year

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The umpiring was a disgrace once again tonight. Because it favored us big time many are happy on here, but they can't hide.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

That was probably the most one-sided umpiring display I've seen in memory and pretty much all the major blunders went against North, so I can certainly see why they felt hard-done by, but s*** happens and next time it will probably go their way.
Certainly didn't cost them the game, though. The free ride we got from the umpiring was at least cancelled out by some of our laughable shots for goal, so the scoreboard still flattered North.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I just want to say how much I love Razor Ray.....LOL

6 to 1 free kicks up until the 3rd quarter.

Instead of complaining about umpiring, we got the rub of the green. Most of them were there even if they were 'technical'. Still, if it is in the book, they can be paid.

Gotta laugh at Wallsy comments on the easy free Roo received after Jones was blocked at the end of the 3rd quarter. Didn't see it at the ground, but on the replay, he was looking for the arm that was chopped or high contact when in actual fact, if he knew what he was talking about, it was clear that it had absolutely NOTHING to do with chopping, high contact, etc.

Did I say how much I love Razor Ray? LOLOLOL

By the way, in no way would it have mattered whether the free kick count was reversed. The roos would have received 2 goals (possibly 3) from free kicks.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Think north were a little careless at times. Frees looked to be there with chops and in the backs. Plus we did see a lot more of the footy apart from the start of the 2nd.

I will give North the holding the ball one though where he bounced it, not sure what the technical rule on this one is but seemed soft, the player was off. Also maybe the 50 for giving it to the wrong player was pretty harsh, could argue he just passed to ball to the area the ump was pointing?? Can't remember how close the saints players were together though.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I guess nobody saw the deliberate point conceded when nobody was within 10 metres of the North player.

Or the mark free kick that wasn't paid to Kosi 15 metres out.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Everytime we get Razor Ray, I'm ready to go home as we never ever win games he umpires. Ditto for Vozzo and McBurney.

So whatever created a turnaround in his attitude towards St Kilda all I'll say is thank you.

However the umpiring was quite poor and I couldn't believe some of the decisions, especially the mark/free kick not paid to Petrie and that turnover gave us a goal.

It has to be shocking if you feel sorry for the opposition.

And the Hun reckons Brent Harvey was whinging about the "close checking" of his team by Saints players.

Obviously he missed the number of times Brendan Goddard was being held at the centre bounce.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree that non mark was a shocker.

I saw Goddard being held too, many times.

I was glad he ended up getting that free during the argy bargy.

Glad that's all Harvey whinged about, twitter last night was implying something was said, but I just couldn't see quite Sean being lippy.

The paper questioned how hard Boomer went at times, that had more do to with his mindset playing St Kilda, than someone tagging him.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

kosifantutti23 wrote:I guess nobody saw the deliberate point conceded when nobody was within 10 metres of the North player.

Or the mark free kick that wasn't paid to Kosi 15 metres out.
Then you'd be very much mistaken. Of course they missed some for us. It's just that the Kangaroos had many more howlers go against them (decisions and non decisions).

matrix
Saintsational Legend

some terrible decisions last night
both ways

but yeah, we got the soft end thats for sure
we'd be whining like F*** if it was the other way around

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Exactly.