Leigh Monta

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St.Walker
Club Player

Leigh Monta

Did he go round today?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Needs to spend less time in the TV studio and more time in the weights studio. Then again, I've said for some time that he is one of the most overrated players in the AFL, just after Pav. Whilst he can generally run off a hard tag, he didn't today.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Had a shocker.....not on top of his game

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Needs to spend less time in the TV studio and more time in the weights studio.
I agree. However, what players are going to refuse the extra income - and career opportunities -which come from working with the media?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Needs to spend less time in the TV studio and more time in the weights studio. Then again, I've said for some time that he is one of the most overrated players in the AFL, just after Pav. Whilst he can generally run off a hard tag, he didn't today.

You're deluded if you think Pav is overrated.

St Lenny
Club Player

People often talk about Milne and Schnides in big games, but seriously, Joey is in the mix.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Statistically he is one of the games elite over the past 5 years....not so much in 2011.....

The myth about outside player is inaccurate also.....

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Joey has just been off the boil for most of the year - he always looks tired and unfit to me. Could he be carrying an injury?

When others are reducing their weight, he looks a bit heavier to me, which could be having an impact.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:People often talk about Milne and Schnides in big games, but seriously, Joey is in the mix.
yep. He's had an average year as well.

Lenny went down.
Dal stood up.
Joey stood still.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yep, he is so crap that the opposition tagged him today.

Saints Angel
Club Player

[quote="perfectionist"]Needs to spend less time in the TV studio and more time in the weights studio. Then again, I've said for some time that he is one of the most overrated players in the AFL, just after Pav. Whilst he can generally run off a hard tag, he didn't today.[/quote]

Totally agree about Joey spending less time on TV and more time on his football. Just hope he realises that getting back to playing good footy is what he is paid by the club to do.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

You guys are mental… he's not at his absolute best, but don't begrudge the guy building a career for post-football… I hardly think it's keeping out of the weights room.

Last week against the best team in the comp he kicked 3 goals, 24 possies and 6 tackles, some very short memories…

Such a dud, coming of back to back AA

St Lenny
Club Player

I don't have a problem with him doing TV, it is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. BUT, I do believe he is over rated and always has been.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:I don't have a problem with him doing TV, it is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. BUT, I do believe he is over rated and always has been.
Do you think the All Australian selectors got it wrong two years running?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He hasn't been right for the last month or so. He is restricted in his running and isn't getting as much ball.

lefty
Club Player

TBH, Joey has been very poor the entire year.

Wish he fricken stood up and started playing, take a leaf out of Dal's book.

Same goes to Farren Ray, go and take a leaf out of Peakes second half of the year and start delivering.

One that has impressed me all year is Dempster, totally changed my opinion of him this year, hope he continues to improve/deliver consistantly.

Still...really disappointed with Joey, put the TV crap 2nd, football 1st.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Yeah he was just terrible against Collingwood last week, too :shock:

Quality of this forum in general = down down down

Open your eyes FFS

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Yeah he was just terrible against Collingwood last week, too :shock:

Open your eyes FFS
I'm not backing down on this. Joey has been well down on his 2009 and 2010 output in 2011. Averaging 24 possessions a game this year compared to 28 and 29 the previous two years.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Quixote
SS Life Member

dcstkfc wrote:
Quixote wrote:Yeah he was just terrible against Collingwood last week, too :shock:

Open your eyes FFS
I'm not backing down on this. Joey has been well down on his 2009 and 2010 output in 2011. Averaging 24 possessions a game this year compared to 28 and 29 the previous two years.
How's the form of our Captain, BJ, f*** mention any position mate - they're all down.

All of them.

Fact is, mental health and injuries have officially f***ed our year.

But to single out players as being the sole cause of this is a bit narrow minded, to say the least.

Joey tore it up last week against the Pies - when it mattered - and I fully expect him to play a big part in our finals campaign, should we get there.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Open your eyes FFS
How's the form of our Captain, BJ, f*** mention any position mate - they're all down.

All of them.

But to single out players as being the sole cause of this is a bit narrow minded, to say the least.

Joey tore it up last week against the Pies - when it mattered - and I fully expect him to play a big part in our finals campaign, should we get there.
Agree Q. Except it matters every week.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
Quixote wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Open your eyes FFS

All of them.

Agree Q. Except it matters every week.
Of course BJ and Roo are having much worse seasons than 09 and 10, but I am more willing to forgive Roo (5xBnF winner and work-rate still the same.) As for BJ, well I feel his from since Round 9 has been back to 2010 home and away levels, whereas I feel Joey just hasn't got it going for more than 3 or 4 games.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

The opening thread was correct - did he play?

The opening thread was correct - did he play?

He not been the same since his knee injury - I wonder if it is still troubling him. Played with absolutely no spirit yesterday and accordingly had no impact on the game.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Some players are just cut more slack than others…

People are quick to point out that Montagna has been marginally quieter in finals than H&A games, yet have they're heads firmly in the sand when you bring up the fact that Lenny has had a few very quiet finals…

He had a really poor game this week, but kicked 3 great goals last week against the Pies,

He is down on previous form no doubt, but he's still managed 8 games with over 25 touches, and has definitely being carrying injuries, if anyone thinks we would be better without this guy in the side then good luck to you…

Over-rated my arse.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

gee i wonder why he is marginally quieter in finals compared to home and away

lets think about it for a min

oh thats right
joey is a complete friggin spud
off to gws