AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

I've had to sit thru one of the most garbage games I've ever seen, and to think I almost went to Sydney for that tripe.

The club needs to think long and hard about the future and if Lyon does not want to play ball, then he goes. What was evident today, is how manifestly incompetent our recruiting has been under Lyon. IT HAS COST US TWO PREMIERSHIPS!

Whilst I like Ben McEvoy and I'm sure he'll be a good long term ruck man, YOU DO NOT USE A FIRST ROUND PICK ON A RUCK MAN, UNLESS THEY'RE A FREAK LIKE NATANUI. Obviously in our retarded wisdom we thought Rioli was no good. Nice one!

Now I'm sure some of you will bleat, we can still make the finals. Well who gives a crap. We'd be getting in under the mediocrity rule 7th or 8th AND WE DO NOT DESERVE TO BE THERE.

I will not be attending the last 2 games or the finals (if we get there), because it's an exercise in utter pointlessness. It is not worth sitting through the crap we dish up and it will mean nothing in regard to the future. Better to get a couple of games into Tommy Walsh and send Riewoldt to the surgeon now.

If Lyon does not cut deep into the list, hand the captaincy to the real captain, Lenny and recruit for what we need, I will not renew my membership next year.

Let's put things into perspective about our recent run, if you exclude Adelaide, we've probably only played 4 or 5 quarters of good footy in that run.

The St Kilda FC faces an important question NOW. Is it content, as it has been for it's entire existence, to be second best or near enouh is good enough. Or is it willing to do what it takes to win a flag. At the moment we are light years away and it's all of our own doing.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

Moorabbin Man wrote:

Whilst I like Ben McEvoy and I'm sure he'll be a good long term ruck man, YOU DO NOT USE A FIRST ROUND PICK ON A RUCK MAN, UNLESS THEY'RE A FREAK LIKE NATANUI. .
while our drafting of kids has been poor Ben from what was know at the time was a good vaue pick...and is proving to be so.

Now picks like Lynch, or Howard...they are the stunning ones.

Nothing wrong with the Ben pick though.

Mumford at 25 has 3 years on Ben. At at tat age 3 years is a lot.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 21 Aug 2011 5:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:I've had to sit thru one of the most garbage games I've ever seen.
No you didn't

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:I've had to sit thru one of the most garbage games I've ever seen.
No you didn't
haha

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:
and recruit for what we need,

FFS..the Saints have clearly gone after Pelchen to imorove our recruiting. Apart from last year our receruiting of kids as on average been below standard.

Bevo was kept on several years too long.

As for recruiting what we need...last draft we got it right. Cripps, Ledger and Sippos all look to address needs that we have.
I hope for more of the same in this years recruiting.
Moorabbin Man wrote: I will not renew my membership next year.

Good bye

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I don't think today is a true reflection on what the team is capable of.

In recent time, Sydney have proved to be a very hard side for us to put away and we've had to be at our best to get over the line against them, especially over there.

Remember 09?

They just match us well.

Today we weren't at our best, therefore we fell short.

Let's get over this hiccup and look towards next week.

HUGE game next week.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BallBanger
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:

Whilst I like Ben McEvoy and I'm sure he'll be a good long term ruck man, YOU DO NOT USE A FIRST ROUND PICK ON A RUCK MAN, UNLESS THEY'RE A FREAK LIKE NATANUI. .
while our drafting of kids has been poor Ben from what was know at the time was a good vaue pick...and is proving to be so.

Joffa boy did not understand why the drafting of Howard was dumb...can you please explain to him

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:I've had to sit thru one of the most garbage games I've ever seen, and to think I almost went to Sydney for that tripe.

The club needs to think long and hard about the future and if Lyon does not want to play ball, then he goes. What was evident today, is how manifestly incompetent our recruiting has been under Lyon. IT HAS COST US TWO PREMIERSHIPS!

Whilst I like Ben McEvoy and I'm sure he'll be a good long term ruck man, YOU DO NOT USE A FIRST ROUND PICK ON A RUCK MAN, UNLESS THEY'RE A FREAK LIKE NATANUI. Obviously in our retarded wisdom we thought Rioli was no good. Nice one!

Now I'm sure some of you will bleat, we can still make the finals. Well who gives a crap. We'd be getting in under the mediocrity rule 7th or 8th AND WE DO NOT DESERVE TO BE THERE.

I will not be attending the last 2 games or the finals (if we get there), because it's an exercise in utter pointlessness. It is not worth sitting through the crap we dish up and it will mean nothing in regard to the future. Better to get a couple of games into Tommy Walsh and send Riewoldt to the surgeon now.

If Lyon does not cut deep into the list, hand the captaincy to the real captain, Lenny and recruit for what we need, I will not renew my membership next year.

Let's put things into perspective about our recent run, if you exclude Adelaide, we've probably only played 4 or 5 quarters of good footy in that run.

The St Kilda FC faces an important question NOW. Is it content, as it has been for it's entire existence, to be second best or near enouh is good enough. Or is it willing to do what it takes to win a flag. At the moment we are light years away and it's all of our own doing.
Yep, you have quite a bit to complain about given that you "almost" went to Sydney.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Yep, you have quite a bit to complain about given that you "almost" went to Sydney.
He couldn't quite make the entire trip.

Perhaps he got lost on the road to Gundagai? :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:

Joffa boy did not understand why the drafting of Howard was dumb...can you please explain to him
BS, that is just a total lie and misrepresentation of the facts.

My issue was that your mentor BigMart was potting him 5 minutes after he was drafted, not that id Howard was good or not.

You truly are a humongous cabbage :roll:

Go back to kissing your hero's arse you suckhole, the grownups are conversing :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergsone
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:
and recruit for what we need,

FFS..the Saints have clearly gone after Pelchen to imorove our recruiting. Apart from last year our receruiting of kids as on average been below standard.

Bevo was kept on several years too long.

As for recruiting what we need...last draft we got it right. Cripps, Ledger and Sippos all look to address needs that we have.
I hope for more of the same in this years recruiting.
Moorabbin Man wrote: I will not renew my membership next year.

Good bye
Cripps,Ledger,Sippos with a full pre season,imo can HELP rejuvinate this side,looks a bit stale atm?

kalsaint
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:I don't think today is a true reflection on what the team is capable of.

In recent time, Sydney have proved to be a very hard side for us to put away and we've had to be at our best to get over the line against them, especially over there.

Remember 09?

They just match us well.

Today we weren't at our best, therefore we fell short.

Let's get over this hiccup and look towards next week.

HUGE game next week.

I sort of agree with this and parts of Morrabin man's comment.

Hiccup if might not be. We might not be good enough and may be wasting our time if we get there.

On Sydney, yes we struggle there but others dont. My point, what is the problem here? Effort, skills or mental aptitude? Sydney have lost plenty of games this year to others but still match it with us, why?

I wont be tossing my memebership but expect some change. Ben is good but he needs real support for 2012 and beyond. We should look at Salopek for midfield work if this is an option but keep other options to youth development.

To do this we need to make some team deletion choices. Are our development group up to this? This is the challenged.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Yep, you have quite a bit to complain about given that you "almost" went to Sydney.[/quote]

Sorry I can't quite make it to all six interstate games St Pav!

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

I might add that I find it quite disturbing to consistently hear from training watchers, including Aussie Jones, that we don't train offence. It's glaringly obvious!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Must have surprised you that things turned out as expected....

Really nice kid brad howard....not at all his fault, he was selected....unfortunate really...

The drafting of him and sweeney was amatuer hour...... From what i havebeen told since, niether were seen playing by the person who recruited them.....

Was NO surprise from day one that both would be delisted.....least brad still has a kick

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:Yep, you have quite a bit to complain about given that you "almost" went to Sydney.
Sorry I can't quite make it to all six interstate games St Pav![/quote]

Sounds like you wont be going to any next year :roll:

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Must have surprised you that things turned out as expected....
No. I just give players a go. The kid hadn't even had a training session, actually it was about a minute after he was selected.

BigMart wrote:The drafting of him and sweeney was amatuer hour...... From what i havebeen told since, niether were seen playing by the person who recruited them.....
Yeah, just like the selection of Fisher and Gwilt. Sometimes a Sweeney will come off, most times not.

However if you are going to critisise (which is your right), surely you have to acknowledge successed with late picks.
BigMart wrote:Was NO surprise from day one that both would be delisted.....least brad still has a kick
Sweeney, and Raymond were the only listed players I think who didn't get a gig in 2007 when we had massive injuries. Sweeney may have played against Hawthorn, Raymond never did.

Lance or James??

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Pathetic attention seeking or pathetic trolling.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
No you didn't
haha
:lol:

I love this club
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Fisher had just come off a premiership with central districts as CHF.....at 21yo......did not play foorty as a late teenager for well publicised reasons....
Has been a mighty selection...

Sweeney was playing at tyabb in the mpnfl....

One had had a crack at a professional sport which was his reasons for not being an elite junior footballer...one preferred other extra curricular activities..

Gwilt who was playing district cricket for sth melbourne, had just one the division 1 medal for best on ground in a grandfinal in the efl....which is easily the best suburbian league in victoria.....at 18 years old...
Another top selection

Howard deserved a crack at afl footy, good athlete, good attitude.....his ability (as was clearly evident) meant he was not worthy of his high selection

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

This is a forum where people express opinions

Marto had one on Howard AND HE WAS 100% RIGHT

Great call yet he was roundly abused for making it

Suck it up, apologist flogs

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Amateur hour was having the lowest recruitment spend in the comp - and expecting rabbits to magically appear out of hats!

Hilarious that some still hold Lyon accountable for that state of affairs!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Fisher had just come off a premiership with central districts as CHF.....at 21yo......did not play foorty as a late teenager for well publicised reasons....
Has been a mighty selection...

Sweeney was playing at tyabb in the mpnfl....

One had had a crack at a professional sport which was his reasons for not being an elite junior footballer...one preferred other extra curricular activities..

Gwilt who was playing district cricket for sth melbourne, had just one the division 1 medal for best on ground in a grandfinal in the efl....which is easily the best suburbian league in victoria.....at 18 years old...
Another top selection

Howard deserved a crack at afl footy, good athlete, good attitude.....his ability (as was clearly evident) meant he was not worthy of his high selection
So if Gwilt and Fisher shoo ins and easy picks as you infer, why didn't Fisher go until #55 and Gwilt at #63?

Seems like all the other recruiters are duds as well.

Sweeney was speculation and a late pick.

i still think possibly the worst two selections at around that time was Two dp picks from Brooks and #17 for Watts who was treacle slow even before his career ending ankle.

High dps (therr in fact) totally wasted.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:This is a forum where people express opinions

Marto had one on Howard AND HE WAS 100% RIGHT

Great call yet he was roundly abused for making it

Suck it up, apologist flogs
Like you were right about Rix.

Brilliant

Lance or James??

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Who is.....

I would argue that lyons ability to develop kids is not his strength.....he turns over the list with already developed players....

Attempts to develop kids in the vfl....

When his hand has been forced (gardy, hayes) it has worked ok after some early pain.....

Sometimes the best thing to do is to take one step back, before taking two fwd....