Schnieder

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Schnieder

After watching Davis last week tear us a new one off half back, I was thinking could Schneider play a similar role for us? He is certainly clever enough, kicks the ball beautifully and is just quick enough. With Ledger, Siposs and Cripps coming on next year maybe they could take the small/medium forward role to free up Schneids. I think the job that Guerra does at hawthorn is a great example of the role Schneids would play
Thoughts?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

If we can find another forward or two then maybe. It's worth a shot. Unfortunately we lack the forward depth to put him down back as of yet.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

We need Sneids on the forward line at the moment. He needs to be watched and can/does kick goals.

I also think that Sneids is a bit small for a backline role at 175cm tall - Brent Guerra is 182cm, Leon Davis 177cm, according to Club stats.

bergsone
SS Life Member

IMO they were grooming Winmar for that roll,not too sure where that is atm,been injured?and maybe hasnt come on as expected

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Can we move our whole forward line to the backline. Maybe I dont understand our game but the backline seems the least of our probalems so why move one of our best goalkickers there. So far in the last couple of weeks we have had Zac as FF, BJ as FF, Schneider as HB, Armo as BP and Ray as a leading forward. Cant see one that will work for more than one game.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Schneider across half back = the same role aussie jones used to play. The problem is when he gets goals kicked on him due to lack of defensive pressure.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Davis is a modern Aussie Jones.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Plugger66 said in part :
Can we move our whole forward line to the backline.
We used to do that at school and it worked well sometimes :P

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Can we move our whole forward line to the backline. Maybe I dont understand our game but the backline seems the least of our probalems so why move one of our best goalkickers there. So far in the last couple of weeks we have had Zac as FF, BJ as FF, Schneider as HB, Armo as BP and Ray as a leading forward. Cant see one that will work for more than one game.
Cripps is on the way back from injury. He could be what we've been looking for as a second ruckman. :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Zac Attack
Club Player

We did have Guerra and he always was a fantastic kick so the clubs' fault for letting him go for nothing and this really s***s me as i really like Guerra.

jays
Club Player

when gwilt comes back all good

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Robbing Peter for Paul won't win us a premiership.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Crocker could also be an option for a small forward next year, said the club is playing him there sometimes.

goddardisgod
Club Player

If anyone played the running small half back now it would be Joey.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:We did have Guerra and he always was a fantastic kick so the clubs' fault for letting him go for nothing and this really s***s me as i really like Guerra.
nah....he dogged it in that prelim final against the swans at the mcg.....i hoped that the prick never got to don the r w & b again...and he didn't ....don't know why he did that.....but it sucked big time.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Can we move our whole forward line to the backline. Maybe I dont understand our game but the backline seems the least of our probalems so why move one of our best goalkickers there. So far in the last couple of weeks we have had Zac as FF, BJ as FF, Schneider as HB, Armo as BP and Ray as a leading forward. Cant see one that will work for more than one game.
I wouldn't say our backline isn't a problem at all. What about the way we brought out the ball on Friday night? The effective kicking of our main 4 backs on friday night was below 60% so if that isn't struggling I don't know what is. This is going to be a real worry come finals especially with Gwilt now gone. I don't necessarily agree with Schneider being the choice but Sam's disposal is friggin woeful and Gram's disposal is pretty bad as well. There's probably no solution but I wouldn't say our backline isn't a concern at all or that it isn't an issue.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rosco
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:We did have Guerra and he always was a fantastic kick so the clubs' fault for letting him go for nothing and this really s***s me as i really like Guerra.
nah....he dogged it in that prelim final against the swans at the mcg.....i hoped that the prick never got to don the r w & b again...and he didn't ....don't know why he did that.....but it sucked big time.....
had to look it up. 1 disposal? and he didn't get injured in that game?

umm - and 2 disposals in the 2004 PF against Port? what?

(btw - 25 disposals in 2008 GF and a premiership player...)

also in the 2004 PF v Port - Trent Knobel - 22 hitouts, 0 disposals :shock:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
stinger wrote:
had to look it up. 1 disposal? and he didn't get injured in that game?

umm - and 2 disposals in the 2004 PF against Port? what?

(btw - 25 disposals in 2008 GF and a premiership player...)

also in the 2004 PF v Port - Trent Knobel - 22 hitouts, 0 disposals :shock:
that was only in one 1/2

and he missed a mark that Stephen Powell kicked (and sprayed towards him)