Rd 22 Saints v Sydney Discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Rd 22 Saints v Sydney Discussion

Everyone is focused on week one of the finals, how about a chat about this coming week? :wink:

If memory serves me correctly, ANZ Stadium has suited Swans better this year?

Some potential matchups....

Fisher v Goodes?
Dempster v O'Keefe or McGlynn?
Jones v Jack?
Steven v Hannebery?
Dawson v Reid?

Sydney looked oldish today, but I think they will be smarting this week, and guys like Bolton Goodes McVeigh will want to redeem themselves.

No injury concerns I don't think, though Roo was def sore, still expect him to play?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

1 extra day of rest, both teams have to travel. As mentioned previously we are on the 'big oval'.

Hopefully our fitness is better than Sydneys.

and we shoot straight.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Would have thought Goodes would have wanted to redeem himself this week after costing them the game last week.

Didn't see them today as I was at Sandy. We shouldn't have much trouble against them if the Tiges can beat them.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintScottOfSydney

well it'll be interesting in my house as the gf is a Swans tragic and truth be told, while I don't believe in 'second teams' I do have a softish spot for them (living in Sydney in thugby league territory it's a badge of defiance almost:)

On a serious note, I'd have rather the Swans won because I think today showed up the glaring inefficiencies in their team. I expect to see Jarrod Moore in for Jetta and Trent Dennis Lane to return. This could make life hard especially down the back. However, if our boys are responding to their loss the way I think they should be (as a game of lost opportunities) than I suspect we'll blow the Swans off the park.

PS Hope to see a number of you behind the goals this week...it's predicted to be a warm sunny afternoon so it'll be worth the trip

I can't believe Eddie McGuire and I have the Celtic Football Club in common...he should be a Hun