Play Walsh for the rest of the season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Play Walsh for the rest of the season

Play Walsh for the rest of the season so the club can get some idea as to if he can play as a key forward, otherwise we are going to have to shop for one.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sorry mate can't agree with that post. The games coming up are far too vital to start experimenting with someone who whilst willing and keen may not have what it takes for the game at AFL level. Sorry Tommy but I'm sure your opportunity will come, but not JUST yet. :(

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We are still in with a chance....

Not saying not to place Walsh...but certainly no logic in guaranteeing him every game despite form...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Don't think playing Tommy will be the difference between winning/losing over the next few weeks. Worth playing him IMO. We need another big target to assist Roo especially with Kosi playing a bit in the ruck.

goddardisgod
Club Player

Generally I'ld be against this sort of punt.

But watching last nights game, we missed another target. Gamble is nice, but Walsh would have real presence, and would likely divert attention away from Roo in a way only Kosi does.

I think it's a punt worth making. Give him the next 2 weeks and see if he can secure a spot in the team for finals.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Play Walsh for the rest of the season

borderbarry wrote:Play Walsh for the rest of the season so the club can get some idea as to if he can play as a key forward, otherwise we are going to have to shop for one.
Funny one Baz.

Is this the comedy hour?

Heck, let's Play The Kids TM.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Sydney next week and perhaps again in the finals. On last night's forward performance I would give Walsh a spot against Sydney to see how he goes before we meet them in a final. Minimal risk - lot's of potential upside.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

We should immediately sack lyon for not selecting Walsh after he's absolutely dominated in the VFL.

what's he kicked in the magoos now? 100? 150 goals? 200 marks? the guy is certainly lighting up st kilda's reserves with his dominant form, he clearly stands above any other forward in the team?

Certainly won't win a grand final without walsh, given his absolute dominance in the magoos.

I'm certain based on the evidence presented he would have taken 12 marks and kicked 10 goals had he played last night.

Further to my previous post, we should abandon RL because he's failed badly and play the kids, even the lame ones, because RL is clearly failing badly.

Get the kids in, RL is a fool and a failure for not playing walsh, A DAMN FOOL I TELLS YA.

RL HAS NO IDEA

I hear matty primus will be available soon...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Some of you people have pretty broad definitions of "kid"
I think Tommy would be 22 or 23, being on our list for two years. Prior to that was considered best young player in Ireland, played in winning Grand Final team of All Ireland competition, but yeh, he is just a kid.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

If he's good enough, the coach will select him.

SHUT UP KRIME!
BonoRocks
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:We should immediately sack lyon for not selecting Walsh after he's absolutely dominated in the VFL.

what's he kicked in the magoos now? 100? 150 goals? 200 marks? the guy is certainly lighting up st kilda's reserves with his dominant form, he clearly stands above any other forward in the team?

Certainly won't win a grand final without walsh, given his absolute dominance in the magoos.

I'm certain based on the evidence presented he would have taken 12 marks and kicked 10 goals had he played last night.

Further to my previous post, we should abandon RL because he's failed badly and play the kids, even the lame ones, because RL is clearly failing badly.

Get the kids in, RL is a fool and a failure for not playing walsh, A DAMN FOOL I TELLS YA.

RL HAS NO IDEA

I hear matty primus will be available soon...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
yup dan cause those being selected have been tearing it up it the vfl, get serious. not saying walsh should come in or not but saying you get selected cause you tear it up in the twos is clearly not the case for players previously.. Walsh has been named in the best numerous times and we are screaming out for another tall forward and Gamble is NOT the solution..

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I hope walsh does turn out to be a gun, but RL has done little wrong as a coach, and while I may have criticism of him, I think he's brilliantly coached us in 08, 09, 10 and 11.

Frankly I agree with him on everything he's done since 07, when I was an RL hater.

And I have hope going into 2011 finals.

I believe we can win from 6th place.

I believe we are going to win our next 3 games.

SHUT UP KRIME!