No changes Blake sub FFS!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

No changes Blake sub FFS!!

Vozzo the knob out replaced by Donlon.

Crim Didak sub for filth.

Badlands
Club Player

one of the stranger sub selections, i would've thought.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
AdelaideSainter
Club Player

Odd choice of sub. He was good last week.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Our "Swiss army knife!"

noob
Club Player

Might do with the amount of runners collingwood have got in their team this week. Not sure.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I think its a great sub selection - he can go back or forward or in the ruck - whoever he replaces he can fill the void

It's how I envisaged the sub rule being used

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Middo
Club Player

Not sure he's a game breaker ... strange decision :roll:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Strange....However I like it. One too many backs selected this week.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

it's still 1 too many backmen for mine

I've said it b4 and I'll say it again, I like Ross Lyon but his team selections are by far his weakest area in coaching. Too many decisions which IMO are not logical

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Pointless.....bizarre really...

Is he coming on to give us run....as subs do..

Not sure the thinking.......are we thinking a second ruck/tall back is going to go down.....they are the only positions he can fill

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Wil Johnson as sub forward would havebeen a much better choice... would have at least given us something that we needed

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

blake's attack in the middle gave us a big chance and allowed mcevoy to rest and kosi up front.

with a bit of goal shooting accuracy it was a masterstroke by the coach.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood sub: Didak St Kilda Sub: Blake

I love the Blake but Jee.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:blake's attack in the middle gave us a big chance and allowed mcevoy to rest and kosi up front.

Interesting take

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:blake's attack in the middle gave us a big chance and allowed mcevoy to rest and kosi up front.

Interesting take
Reckon Dan is right

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

You have to be joking. When he came on they kicked the next 3 goals. I dont care what anyone thinks, the margin flattered us. We got the last 2 goals from the 20 minute make when we were about 31 points down. They shut up shop. Great effort by our guys but when the game was in the balance we had kicked pretty accurately. It was only the last 10 minutes when we were missing.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You have to be joking. When he came on they kicked the next 3 goals. I dont care what anyone thinks, the margin flattered us. We got the last 2 goals from the 20 minute make when we were about 31 points down. They shut up shop. Great effort by our guys but when the game was in the balance we had kicked pretty accurately. It was only the last 10 minutes when we were missing.
Yes they slowed down Plugger - but I reckon that's b/c they were knackered. When have you seen the pies shut up shop before in the last 1/4 this year? I reckon the reason they were knackered was b/c of our intensity - especially in the 1st half. They had come off one of the softest games ever last week when they were literally walking in and kicking goals. They were better than us and deserved to win, but I'm not sure the margin flattered us that much. It was pretty much that margin all night. We had more inside 50's and matched them pretty well in all areas. They are classier than us and don't miss their chances. We were 7.6 to about 11.4 at 3/4 time. They were far more accurate than us.

I have to say - I barely noticed Blake when he came on, and thought it was one of the strangest decisions I've seen this year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes they slowed down Plugger - but I reckon that's b/c they were knackered. When have you seen the pies shut up shop before in the last 1/4 this year? I reckon the reason they were knackered was b/c of our intensity - especially in the 1st half. They had come off one of the softest games ever last week when they were literally walking in and kicking goals. They were better than us and deserved to win, but I'm not sure the margin flattered us that much. It was pretty much that margin all night. We had more inside 50's and matched them pretty well in all areas. They are classier than us and don't miss their chances. We were 7.6 to about 11.4 at 3/4 time. They were far more accurate than us.

I have to say - I barely noticed Blake when he came on, and thought it was one of the strangest decisions I've seen this year.
I have no doubt they slowed down but lets be honest, the margin got out to something like 33 points nearly half way through the last. Watching the game and it never looked like we were a chance after it got out to that margin. I reckon they could have found something if needed. it was never needed because we let them kick the first 2 in the last. It wasnt through lack of trying we lost, it was due to our skills of certain players namely Gilbert, Gram, Peake and even Jack and silly bits of play like Dal not getting a long kick and Zac doing that stupid shephard. Also when we went backwards in the first half they goaled. You do not kick backwards against the Pies. Best defensive forwards in the AFL.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

waht did we kick in the 3rd quarter? 1.4 to 3 straight? 3.3 to 3.1 in the 4th?

we lost it.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:waht did we kick in the 3rd quarter? 1.4 to 3 straight? 3.3 to 3.1 in the 4th?

we lost it.
Dan I have no idea if you are trying to convince yourself of something but the pies won the game, we didnt lose it. Occasionally sides kick more points than the other side but that doesnt mean they lost it. Have a look who led by over 30 points half way through the last and it wasnt us. Our biggest margin was probably 6 points at the start of the game. I think you would struggle to find one neutral who thought we lost it. They would all say the pies won it.

jamesmc
Club Player

Middo wrote:Not sure he's a game breaker ... strange decision :roll:
Surely if your good enough to be a game breaker, you're probably going to start in the 21. I believe you need a versatile footballer rather than a one position player. Can't see Didak helping C'Wood if Jolly went down.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I say we shoot everyone in the side, we are clearly crap everywhere.... :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!