Ross is contracted for next year so...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Ross is contracted for next year so...

why the hell did Firstly Caro mention Melbourne should look at him, THEN just now Gerard Whately on AFL360 suggested exactly the same thing. WTF?

Just seems very weird to me, must know something we dont because its not normal. Coaches, very rarely, just dont get poached under contract. hmmm...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Caro & Whatley are both taking the "confetti"approach to the Melbourne story. Keep throwing names around like confetti (no matter how rediculous) and hope that one of the names is the chosen one. Then they can say "I told you so" !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

jays
Club Player

they have no idea

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

jays wrote:they have no idea
True, but they have got to write/say something whether it factual or not (a bit like the AFL in the past 24-48 hours) !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well I hope both Lyon and Melbourne have some money to cover the breach of contract action.

He is contracted until 2012.

Fkn idiots :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Well I hope both Lyon and Melbourne have some money to cover the breach of contract action.

I'd like to think that Ross is above that sort of behaviour !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Well I hope both Lyon and Melbourne have some money to cover the breach of contract action.

I'd like to think that Ross is above that sort of behaviour !!
Nobody is above antything when it comes to money.

How ludicrious would Melbourne look by wasting up to a million dollars on a damages action against them?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
goddardisgod
Club Player

Think Lyon would be very good with the calibre of young players on the Melbourne list.

But he's ours. Stay the feck away.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Why would he go to that rabble?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:Think Lyon would be very good with the calibre of young players on the Melbourne list.
But a lot of people on here reckon he's no good at developing young players :?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
goddardisgod wrote:Think Lyon would be very good with the calibre of young players on the Melbourne list.
Nah hes just conservative. Can work both ways imo. Ross imo is in the top few coaches going around however hes not perfect!

goddardisgod
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Nah hes just conservative. Can work both ways imo. Ross imo is in the top few coaches going around however hes not perfect!
More to the point, he took our club, which had pretty poor gameplan, and was very immature, plus filled with young guns (Joey, Roo, Dal), and turned it into a mature, feared club vying for premierships.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
More to the point, he took our club, which had pretty poor gameplan, and was very immature, plus filled with young guns (Joey, Roo, Dal), and turned it into a mature, feared club vying for premierships.
Areed like i said one of the best coaches going around

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Caro and Whately are just putting up stories that gain attention - that's what they are paid to do.

However, instead of being "factual," in today's world they are passed off as "opinion" pieces :twisted: :twisted:

It must be dreadful having to work and live in this "fishbowl" with is half-truth and made-up stories.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

You all sure they weren't talking abot Gary Lyon?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:You all sure they weren't talking abot Gary Lyon?
Unless Gary has changed his name to Ross.

Yes. Didn't hear Whately, but heard Caro on AW

Lance or James??

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Mr Magic commented :
You all sure they weren't talking abot Gary Lyon?
He would make a dreadful coach - far too emotional and spontaneously reactive. I think that he learnt that when he coached the International side in Ireland a couple of years ago, despite it being a "holiday" atmosphere.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

wce didn't sue when collingwood poached malthouse, he had a year to run on his contract.

Bomber thompson was going to 'sit out for a bit' before running off to essendon.

North got stooged when their 'father figure' denis pagan took the dollars at carlton despite having a year to run there i think.

Coach stealing is a art form practiced for generations.

Ironic how collingwood are talking ethics and morals regarding melbourne tanking and coach stealing and GWS signing players.

Malthouse, ball, buckley, Anthony Rocca, Tony Lockett Stevens of Port and their attempts to jerry rig the draft for ball and nick stevens etc.

Ethics? only when collingwood are...wait what?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:wce didn't sue when collingwood poached malthouse, he had a year to run on his contract.
yeah, no idea what you'd sue for. just like any employee, the contract has particular notice periods and termination clauses in it, as long as the coach adheres to those he's home free. maybe even non-compete clauses, but i think they've been generally shown to be unenforceable.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

You would sue the departing coach for breach of contract, but the coach would ask the club to which he was going to indemnify the value of those damages (which would be the value left in the conrtact.

That works find for most.

Thing is with a bloke like Malthouse, you could probably mount an argument that his value transcends that of the contract alone: that he's a magnet for sponsors and members etc.

Thinking aloud, that is...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Why would anyone say that

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We love Ross
Ross loves us

Just make the friggen call and sign him.

“Yeah….nah””
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:We love Ross
Ross loves us
Just make the friggen call and sign him.
Does he?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I think it has merit..

Caro was the one pushing how we were keen to start contract negotiations... What two weeks ago...

Now she is stating that he is a possibility.

I reckon she knows something we dont. It's not confetti. It's deliberate, especially given he is contracted.

That was my feel on it anyways.

goodie
Club Player

Great minds think alike. Stands to reason poor ones do as well