If we don't win the premiership this year....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Helen
Club Player

If we don't win the premiership this year....

What should Ross Lyon do with this list? Does he make the hard decisions and totally re-build? Or does he just make small tweaks to the list and go again in 2012?

Discuss!!!!!

Helen
Club Player

Re: If we don't win the premiership this year....

Helen wrote:What should Ross Lyon do with this list? Does he make the hard decisions and totally re-build? Or does he just make small tweaks to the list and go again in 2012?

Discuss!!!!!
My option would be to bring back Grant Thomas as the Coaches Director to cull the list over a 4 year period and to just keep picking the best youngsters from the National Draft. Keep away from Trading and Pre-season Drafts.

Then Ross Lyon (who is without doubt the best Coach in the League) can mould a young side into what he wants and bring home the flag for us.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Scott Neville

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Helen wrote:
Helen wrote:What should Ross Lyon do with this list? Does he make the hard decisions and totally re-build? Or does he just make small tweaks to the list and go again in 2012?

Discuss!!!!!
My option would be to bring back Grant Thomas as the Coaches Director to cull the list over a 4 year period and to just keep picking the best youngsters from the National Draft. Keep away from Trading and Pre-season Drafts.

Then Ross Lyon (who is without doubt the best Coach in the League) can mould a young side into what he wants and bring home the flag for us.

So I assume that Nexus has returned???

If so, how long before the troll is banished again?

And by the way "Helen" in case you have not noticed the current Premiership favourite has a goodly number of recycled players.

Would the Pies have won last year with Jolly, Ball and Brown?

Would the Hawks have won without Dew (not to mention a few others)?

Would the Cat's have been as good without Ottens?

You build lists continually....and you do it by obtaining the the players you need from a multitude of sources and of various ages.

This is why Pelchen is a step in the right direction.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigred
Saintsational Legend

If we don't win the flag this year, it really only leaves Ross with one option.

Recruit Fev.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:If we don't win the flag this year, it really only leaves Ross with one option.

Recruit Fev.
Yes ..

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Let's take it one year at a time.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Had to laugh last night watching collingwood gold coast. Collingwood supporters constantly booing Gary Ablett. Ummm why? Because he left Geelong and went to GC? Based on this should they not have been booing Luke Ball and Leigh Brown, after all they left other clubs.

Anyway on a brighter note at least the crime rate would have dropped in melbourne this weekend cos all the ferals were on the gold coast

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Fev...LOL never.

that useless flat track show pony.

i think we will be there or there abouts in 2012 and 2013. Two new recruits in Lenny and gwilt.

Also stevens, armo and McEvoy will be a season older.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Had to laugh last night watching collingwood gold coast. Collingwood supporters constantly booing Gary Ablett. Ummm why? Because he left Geelong and went to GC? Based on this should they not have been booing Luke Ball and Leigh Brown, after all they left other clubs.
Buckley?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Discuss!!!!!
Well we could get Mick Malthouse, he won't have a job next year

You are a f***wit, piss of fool.

I love this club
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
mullet wrote:Had to laugh last night watching collingwood gold coast. Collingwood supporters constantly booing Gary Ablett. Ummm why? Because he left Geelong and went to GC? Based on this should they not have been booing Luke Ball and Leigh Brown, after all they left other clubs.
Buckley?
Is he the person the paper said was on a roof at Chasers trying to get in the joint when in fact it was his younger brother. Now surely you could sue a paper for that.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

The weak dirty flog Ottens did nothing in 09 GF and 07 was always a win for the Cats no matter who was in or out.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:Fev...LOL never.

that useless flat track show pony.

i think we will be there or there abouts in 2012 and 2013. Two new recruits in Lenny and gwilt.

Also stevens, armo and McEvoy will be a season older.
Cripps, Sippos, Ledger and Crocker are all injured at the moment and they will be a year older next year so a couple of them will be just about ready to go, so if we can just keep bringing in these sorts of quality kids from underneath we will be ok

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
PaytonPlace
Club Player

Anyway on a brighter note at least the crime rate would have dropped in melbourne this weekend cos all the ferals were on the gold coast
Luke Ball, Darren Jolly, Leigh Brown...Nick Maxwell is an ex Port Adelaide rookie. Booooo...

They booed Judd the week before as well...

Becca

The Craw
Club Player

PaytonPlace wrote:

Luke Ball, Darren Jolly, Leigh Brown...Nick Maxwell is an ex Port Adelaide rookie. Booooo...

Becca
I think they were saying.........

Boooo...urns!

Not Craw, CRAW!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:If we don't win the flag this year, it really only leaves Ross with one option.

Recruit Fev.
bigred wins thread.

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
PaytonPlace
Club Player

The Craw wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:

Becca
I think they were saying.........

Boooo...urns!
I know I was saying Boooo....urns!

He used to be the ferals captain didn't he Booo-urns?

I'd love to claim the moral high ground on booing opposition players, but I can't help myself with some of them...Maxwell for instance, it's just a reflex action!

Becca

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Bring back Thomas, not winning prem, rebuilding, sack Ross.

How is this post not meant to start a flame war? And how on earth haven't mods deleted Helen/Nexus yet he/she has continually done this sort of stuff in the past and will keep doing so until he/she is banned again just get it over and done with and bann he/she.

He/she is only here because they finally got rid of he/she at bigfooty.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Sun 24 Jul 2011 12:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Discuss!!!!!

Carlton 24 9 153 EMBARRASSED Essendon 8 4 52

Discuss that you ugly TROLL.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
jays
Club Player

half rebuild

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I think we just hired a coaches director already... Pilchard somebody...

Maybe they offered GT the role first but couldn't match his asking price, or his role responsibility demands... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Buckley?
Is he the person the paper said was on a roof at Chasers trying to get in the joint when in fact it was his younger brother. Now surely you could sue a paper for that.
No I was thinking of their next coach who they lured away from Brisbane with the promise of plaing in premiership teams.

As to teh Simon Buckley story, if what you are saying is true, I would sue them if I was in his position. He's been 'tarnished' by the paper.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Think it was Thommo's demand of a russian dietician with an enema obsession that lost him the role.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Buckley?
No I was thinking of their next coach who they lured away from Brisbane with the promise of plaing in premiership teams.

As to teh Simon Buckley story, if what you are saying is true, I would sue them if I was in his position. He's been 'tarnished' by the paper.
Is 100% true. Was speaking to his brother and one of the other guys on the roof last night.