39,276 members - it's official.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint tash
Club Player

39,276 members - it's official.

According to the AFL membership database figures as at June 30th.

We sit in 10th place. :roll:

For memory what were we last year? I thought in excess of 40K.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Even Richmond registered an increase.......probably until last weekend. And less 3 x memberships that apparently were microwaved by a disgruntled supporter. :lol:

Oh when the saints go charging in!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Is that like this one ?

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=70956

Or do we have 79,552?

saint tash
Club Player

LOL.

My bad fingers. Thanks for the correction.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:LOL.

My bad fingers. Thanks for the correction.
;) :D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bloody Melbourne have only 3K less members than us.

Either we have an enormous bandwagon that have jumped off or Saints fans are jack of our ultra low scoring footy.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Bloody Melbourne have only 3K less members than us.

Either we have an enormous bandwagon that have jumped off or Saints fans are jack of our ultra low scoring footy.
Melbourne also this year made a more concerted effort to count the MCC members who have Melbourne affiliates.
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 19 Jul 2011 6:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

Melbourne also this year made a more concerted effort to count eh MCC members who have Melbourne affiliates.
Dont make excuses. SP is right. Poor effort. I really hope we win a final this year otherwise I think it will drop at least 5K.

Austinnn
Club Player

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Melbourne also this year made a more concerted effort to count eh MCC members who have Melbourne affiliates.
Dont make excuses. SP is right. Poor effort. I really hope we win a final this year otherwise I think it will drop at least 5K.
given the reaction by 'Supporters/members' to us making a grand final I think that would be wishful thinking

I agree with Austinn.- we each and all need to be promoting that the club is MORE than finals- because getting to grand finals isn't working

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

given the reaction by 'Supporters/members' to us making a grand final I think that would be wishful thinking

I agree with Austinn.- we each and all need to be promoting that the club is MORE than finals- because getting to grand finals isn't working
We've now got Pelchen.

Look at the Hawks. This bloke's gotta be good for at least 10,000 :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I reckon membership numbers will decline as hardcore generationally affected fans start to ponder more and more the realisation the draft basically makes it one androgynous pool of talent randomly shuffled to maximise television ratings. Ticket sales and ratings will remain strong, but the tendency to remain loyal to a jumper will wane except in times of true success. Sounds a bit miserable, but it's just how I see it going for what it's worth.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I reckon membership numbers will decline as hardcore generationally affected fans start to ponder more and more the realisation the draft basically makes it one androgynous pool of talent randomly shuffled to maximise television ratings. Ticket sales and ratings will remain strong, but the tendency to remain loyal to a jumper will wane except in times of true success. Sounds a bit miserable, but it's just how I see it going for what it's worth.
Hope you are wrong and at the moment memberships are still increasing rapidly. They obviously cant keep going but I am more bullish than you and think as a total numbers will continue to rise but very gradually. Obviously individual clubs will go up and down year by year depending on how they perform. We will be going down next year.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:I reckon membership numbers will decline as hardcore generationally affected fans start to ponder more and more the realisation the draft basically makes it one androgynous pool of talent randomly shuffled to maximise television ratings. Ticket sales and ratings will remain strong, but the tendency to remain loyal to a jumper will wane except in times of true success. Sounds a bit miserable, but it's just how I see it going for what it's worth.
Hope you are wrong and at the moment memberships are still increasing rapidly. They obviously cant keep going but I am more bullish than you and think as a total numbers will continue to rise but very gradually. Obviously individual clubs will go up and down year by year depending on how they perform. We will be going down next year.
Mate, I hope I'm wrong too!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

One other thing - we havent had a bad recession yet unlike the US or Europe.

Gillard and her fools are trying hard to change that though!

Austinnn
Club Player

I reckon you are right, Australia's cost of living is a huge wobbly bubble that will burst sooner rather than later. All the more reason to start doing what we need to now to survive. Make a Saints membership seem essential by creating an addictive supporter culture.

By the way Thinline, I'm not sure about your prediction. I think that need to belong to club or a group will increase as society itself becomes more fractured, and people fill the hole left by fading institutions.

Who knows though, right? All we can do is try.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone