Chris Pelchen & Ross !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Chris Pelchen & Ross !!

Reported on 3AW that Ross was having a coffee with Pelchen earlier today. I'd suggest that a transcript of the conversation would be interesting. Was Ross offering him a job? or was he seeking an outside opinion on our list? Or something else ??????? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

He could have just been offering him a flat white.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

A FREE coffee is the new FREE Lunch. NO SUCH THING !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I see Robbo mention something about him today in one of his pieces. Did he leave the Hawks under mysterious circumstances?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:I see Robbo mention something about him today in one of his pieces. Did he leave the Hawks under mysterious circumstances?
Could SACKING be classed as mysterious? !!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

:D :D :D :D :D

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I see Robbo mention something about him today in one of his pieces. Did he leave the Hawks under mysterious circumstances?
Could SACKING be classed as mysterious? !!

Ok didn't hear that. So what Robbo was asking then is why?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Pelchen has a good rep for building the Hawks list. (warranted or not)

But also has a bad rep for bad trades and being dishonest with other clubs (warranted or not)

personally he wont be a good fit for the saints as no other clubs seem to want have anything to do with in regards to trades ect. And his recruiting at the hawks was not just him and wasn't so great.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... 1fl53.html

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Pelchen has a good rep for building the Hawks list. (warranted or not)

But also has a bad rep for bad trades and being dishonest with other clubs (warranted or not)

personally he wont be a good fit for the saints as no other clubs seem to want have anything to do with in regards to trades ect. And his recruiting at the hawks was not just him and wasn't so great.

Sounds just like Cairnsman.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Ausfatcat said :
Pelchen has a good rep for building the Hawks list. (warranted or not)
If he has a poor reputation within AFL Clubs, Ross would know this. When Pelchen's resignation came up a month or so ago, I commented on SS that the least the Club could do, was to speak with him, as his record speaks for itself.

It seems that the Club may be undertaking a "due diligence" approach, which "we shoudl" do.

Sounds like Ausfatcat may have some inside info :!: Let's leave this with Ross and the Club to decide, but clearly, Recruitmant has not been our best suite for the past few years.

Saintersss
Club Player

One thing that he is noted for; which would please many on here if he was hired; is that he is a big believer in only drafting players who can kick. He is the big reason the Hawks have so many good kicks in their side.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Pelchen has a good rep for building the Hawks list. (warranted or not)

The Hawks seem to have landed the deals they wanted (Burgoyne, Gibson, Hale etc).

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:

The Hawks seem to have landed the deals they wanted (Burgoyne, Gibson, Hale etc).
Maybe, but they also did one of the worse deals ever - giving up Josh Kennedy and Ben McGlynn to the Swans for picks 39 46 & 70 :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Mon 11 Jul 2011 11:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

You would think that the Coaches would insist on only taking "well skilled kickers" of the ball !

Why it has taken until now for this to become an "issue," belies belief :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Maybe, but they also did one of the worst deals ever - giving up Josh Kennedy and Ben McGlynn to the Swans for picks 39. 46 & 70 :shock:
they needed the salary cap...for burgoyne

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

You may be close to the mark Stinger. I know of one Club that could not play a young guy because he was at a point that his salary would increase substantially (bonus payments), and they could not afford to pay him! He missed quite a number of games because of it.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors!

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Maybe, but they also did one of the worst deals ever - giving up Josh Kennedy and Ben McGlynn to the Swans for picks 39. 46 & 70 :shock:
Well there you go, I thought it was because they couldn't get a regular game in the bigtime Hawker midfield.
Anyway I would rather Kennedy on his own than Burgoyne - let alone McGlynn as well :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
stinger wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Well there you go, I thought it was because they couldn't get a regular game in the bigtime Hawker midfield.
Anyway I would rather Kennedy on his own than Burgoyne - let alone McGlynn as well :shock:

i have heard the chief say that they wanted to keep them but couldn't match the swans offers....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
stinger wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Maybe, but they also did one of the worst deals ever - giving up Josh Kennedy and Ben McGlynn to the Swans for picks 39. 46 & 70  :shock:
Anyway I would rather Kennedy on his own than Burgoyne - let alone McGlynn as well  :shock:

i have heard the chief say that they wanted to keep them but couldn't match the swans offers....
Anyway, my point was that clubs do seem willing to trade with Pelchen.

Whether the Hawks won or lost on those trades is a different issue.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Let's have a chat to him, I say. The Club will know what his reputation is.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
stinger wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

They were kinda recruited Mumford style. Something we should seriously think about doing with some young kids.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

does anyone have a good rep for dealing with anyone? trade week is a joke. so cant hang a bloke based on trade week.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I know one trade week that was a joke....

Whilst he was busy grabbing burgoyne, guess what we were f***ing up

Seriously, can he be any worse??

And dont try and defend our recruiting team at the time, there gone, we sacked them for that very reason.....

Pelchin has a history of landing big fish.....we want on apparantly, maybe he was talking about hawthorns list, and who to steal??

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Pelchin has a history of landing big fish.....we want on apparantly, maybe he was talking about hawthorns list, and who to steal??
It's an interesting time, isn't it.

Land a big fish, it will cost us.

Will we swap draft picks to get it? If so, where do we get those picks from?

If we swap draft picks, we're clearly saying 'we're still a chance to win the flag now'.

If the 'big fish' is over the age of 25, we're clearly saying 'we're still a chance to win the flag now'.

If we swap good players for the big fish, what are we saying then?

Either way, we're going to have to lose big names.

We won't have the cash to pay a big fish unless we do. We won't have the draft picks to trade unless we swap good players for them.

I still look back and wonder why we weren't more determined to add to the top half of our list when Lyon came on board.
He seemed (from his actions) very clear that he was happy with the list, and all it needed was to bump up the 'bottom 6'.

Since we snared Gehrig and Hamill, over 2 coaches and a couple of Football Managers, the club has appeared content with the 'top 6' at the club, and has made no effort to get in a 'big fish'.

Interesting times.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Johnny Member wrote:Either way, we're going to have to lose big names.

We won't have the cash to pay a big fish unless we do. We won't have the draft picks to trade unless we swap good players for them.
Ross has said he has some money to throw around. One former recruit whose payout is counted in this year's salary cap, one veteran about to retire and another player on a top-end salary eligible for the veteran's list... that covers the cash equation at least.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."