Gram and Schnieder...Please no more!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

Gram and Schnieder...Please no more!

Great to get another win on the board and keep getting the momentum needed to get to September. However there are two out there who have for the last 2 months really failed to show any reason as to why they are still in the 22.
Schneider and Gram today were pitiful giving multiple free kicks away, the unwillingness to put the body on the line to create a contest and at one point not even being bothered to put an arm up to stop a goal in that last quarter.

Hell by my reckoning Gram contributed to at least 3 of Port's final quarter goals. If Ross keeps him in the side I hope to high heaven that he replays that last quarter back to him at least 4 times just to show how insipid his game was.

Schneider really needs to stop trying for the free kicks. Just get the bloody thing and use it properly!!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Who is better?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Who is better?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Gram needs to be sent to Sandy permanently, Schneids probably needs a couple of weeks there to pull his finger out.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Who is better?5

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Who is better?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Gram has been woeful since the 09 grandfinal. I lost count the amount of times he shirked a contest and butchered the ball today.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Who is better?

Buckets
SS Life Member

Leo.J wrote:Who is better?
Time for Sippos and Walsh I think. We cannot afford to have players who aren't willing to put the body on the line to get the ball and then use the bloody thing effectively!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Buckets wrote:
Time for Sippos and Walsh I think. We cannot afford to have players who aren't willing to put the body on the line to get the ball and then use the bloody thing effectively!
So you reckon we should put the cue back in the rack this year?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Btw sorry about my repeated posts, computer issues.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Buckets wrote:
So you reckon we should put the cue back in the rack this year?
no, we should look at the cue and realise it's way past it's prime and won't get any better, and replace it with a beter cue - one that can kick & tackle & put in an effort. most of our cues playing at sandy would do better. milne, ball, & dal were playing better when dropped.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Did we get beaten by 10 goals?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Saw no issue with gram today at all.....not sure what contests he shirked....my guess, none....

He mad two sloppy handballs, and had a three ineffective kicks......but 25 off half back....whilst beating your opponent, is not that bad a day....

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Schneids was on fire early in the season...Gram was not great last season, worse this year. Surely he's off somewhere at the end of his contract, cannot be seriously interested in playing for St Kilda?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Grams attempt to touch the goal on the line was abysmal...

Not sure if the TV view was decieving, and it was further away and out of reach, but it looked like he didnt even bother... Pathetic effort...

I still held hopes for Gram to come good, and at his best is an essential part of the 22, but he just looks shot and disinterested at the moment...

For a senior player, he is letting the side, and himself, down...

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'll take Schneids over Gram. At least he goes in harder for the ball.

Schneider is possibly due to come out of his form slump and finish with a bag-o-goals.

Gram, well... hmmm... it's looking pretty grim in that corner.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I am going to have to review gram......watch the tapes, look at the raw data.......

Because i have never seen a bloke get torched as much, whilst still seeming to pull good numbers and get selected.....

Ill research, and be back

degruch
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I am going to have to review gram......watch the tapes, look at the raw data.......

Because i have never seen a bloke get torched as much, whilst still seeming to pull good numbers and get selected.....

Ill research, and be back
Had a good look a month ago, and the stats from his return in 2010 matched the vision...not great. The 'torching' is a little severe, but not uncalled for.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He was poor BM, the bomby footy is bad enough, but it's the soft efforts that get on my nerves.

He is probably lucky we are playing a press team this coming week, and he is still hanging on the reputation of 'run and carry'

Buckets
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Saw no issue with gram today at all.....not sure what contests he shirked....my guess, none....

He mad two sloppy handballs, and had a three ineffective kicks......but 25 off half back....whilst beating your opponent, is not that bad a day....
I know of rose colored glasses but wow u didn't see anything wrong at all? How about his attempt to spoil in the 4th where he had prime opportunity to really use the body in a spoiling contest and instead went the weak one armed attempt? Port guy marked the ball with ease and bc gram went past the player they were able to set up and goal? Or his feeble attempt to get it out of the backline instead of just banging it down the line he try's a cute banana pass straight to 3 port players 15m away?

Or perhaps his run and carry of the ball which he proceeded to blast it long into the forward line straight to two port players.

And laughably the weakest attempted to stop a ball on the goal line didn't even make an attempt! All he needed to do was jump stick the arms out and mark it!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Saw no issue with gram today at all.....not sure what contests he shirked....my guess, none....

Haven't agreed much with you lately BM, but your on the ball with this one.

These guys are proven performers, you don't drop them for inexperience that may not be up to yet when your season is still alive.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

The ball was well over his reach when in the square. I am critical of some of his sloppy handballs but not when that goal was kicked over his head in the square.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Schneids was on fire early in the season
Which season was that? In 2011 he missed the first two games through injury and then scored a total of 8 goals in the next 6 games.

To me he has been suffering through the lack of a pre-season. He looks out of condition and slow. He looks to be trying hard, so I don't think he needs a boot up the bum. Boot camp, more like.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Kosi will come in.

Schneids and Gram will stay.

Lynch will go out.

Ross thinks we are still in the hunt...

And I tend to agree.

We are just starting to warm up.