Gardiner set to return...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Gardiner set to return...

Just received a text from the club about MG's possible VFL return and thought, for those interested, the following clip might be worth revisiting.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

see the blatant push in the back to roo during that marking contest....???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Loxton
Club Player

Great news. Lets hope his body has had a quality rest, all other little niggles are gone. No need to rush him back into the seniors, give him a month at Sandy maybe.

He had his name all over that big pack mark, the look on his face as he bounded towards the pack, it was always going to be his.

Go Gards!!

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote:Great news. Lets hope his body has had a quality rest, all other little niggles are gone. No need to rush him back into the seniors, give him a month at Sandy maybe.

He had his name all over that big pack mark, the look on his face as he bounded towards the pack, it was always going to be his.

Go Gards!!
And he all but assassinated Taylor. Plusses - figuratively - all around. Taylor's always irritated me...Him and his farkin' dossiers....

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Lets hope he actually gets up for this weeks game....

St Loxton
Club Player

Thinline wrote: Him and his farkin' dossiers....
Yeah he made it sound so "secret agent" when interviewed on the TV about it regards Riewoldt. Probably just buying footy cards.

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote:
Thinline wrote: Him and his farkin' dossiers....
Yeah he made it sound so "secret agent" when interviewed on the TV about it regards Riewoldt. Probably just buying footy cards.
:D

faircatfan
Club Player

Taylor is a quirky individual. He also has limited ability, BUT what he does do is work as hard as he can on what he can. Obvioulsy he saw (admired) St Nick as a power forward and worker hard on his fitness to try and keep up with him. Its a pity so many gifted players dont have the work ethic to make the best of thier ability.

jackson browne
matrix
Saintsational Legend

just got a text from the club?????

ive received one, actually this week, that i can pick up my scarf at the club
:roll:
hang on, ill just nip down..... :?

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:just got a text from the club?????

:lol: :lol: i got one those aswell.. only problem is i already have my hat & scarf :roll: :roll:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

$5 postage Mat.

With petrol prices the way they are, it cost me more than that to back the car out of the driveway. :(

And the only place MG will be returning to, is WA.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:

$5 postage Mat.

With petrol prices the way they are, it cost me more than that to back the car out of the driveway. :(

And the only place MG will be returning to, is WA.
Not down to Romsey with his good mate Ben Cousins :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

$5 petrol?

i wish
more like $205
they posted me the bloody things ages ago anyway

hopefully theres some port tickets in the mail by friday tho :?

be good to see MG return
wonder how long he will last??? :shock:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

faircatfan wrote:Taylor is a quirky individual. He also has limited ability, BUT what he does do is work as hard as he can on what he can. Obvioulsy he saw (admired) St Nick as a power forward and worker hard on his fitness to try and keep up with him. Its a pity so many gifted players dont have the work ethic to make the best of thier ability.
Oh hang on. Let me just pop over the the Cats forum, register, trawl about for something Saint-like and cut into a few threads with a couple of insights about Nick Riewoldt's training regimen....

Seriously, WTF is going on with SS these days?

Who's not checking the tickets?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
St Loxton wrote:Great news. Lets hope his body has had a quality rest, all other little niggles are gone. No need to rush him back into the seniors, give him a month at Sandy maybe.

Go Gards!!
And he all but assassinated Taylor. Plusses - figuratively - all around. Taylor's always irritated me...Him and his farkin' dossiers....
Can't stand Taylor...all he does is punch the ball.

And yes, I agree.....either get rid of these trolls or change the name of the forum to 'all bogans and sh**p-sh*ggers welcome'!
Last edited by I Love Peter Kiel on Wed 06 Jul 2011 1:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I never get tired of watching that

Does annyone know if Gards intends to play next year?

I love this club
St Nick

Re: Gardiner set to return...

Thinline wrote:Just received a text from the club about MG's possible VFL return and thought, for those interested, the following clip might be worth revisiting.

Terrible news IMHO. Gardiner, although a very good player will not be part of the next St Kilda premiership. Why would Lyon play him in front of Walsh or more to the point Stanley? We need to find out if these 2 guys are capable AFL footballers. So yeah, good news for Gardiner but I'm not so sure it is good news for St Kilda.

And before Joffaboy and the rest of his cronies start calling me a troll stop. I am not a troll, I truely believe what I have said and I'm sure there are others that agree with me.

Gardiner should only be played if McEvoy gets injured. If McEvoy is fine then Stanley should be played as the second ruckman resting in the forward line.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

St Nick wrote:
Thinline wrote:Just received a text from the club about MG's possible VFL return and thought, for those interested, the following clip might be worth revisiting.

Terrible news IMHO. Gardiner, although a very good player will not be part of the next St Kilda premiership. Why would Lyon play him in front of Walsh or more to the point Stanley? We need to find out if these 2 guys are capable AFL footballers. So yeah, good news for Gardiner but I'm not so sure it is good news for St Kilda.

And before Joffaboy and the rest of his cronies start calling me a troll stop. I am not a troll, I truely believe what I have said and I'm sure there are others that agree with me.

Gardiner should only be played if McEvoy gets injured. If McEvoy is fine then Stanley should be played as the second ruckman resting in the forward line.

1. Walsh isnt a ruckman, isnt even a 2nd ruckman
2. Stanley has been injured and is possibly only returning this week.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:

Maybe Stanley first has to overcome the Hamstring injury that had forced him to miss the last 3 Sandy games.

And then once he's done that, perhaps he could display the commitment and dedication required to be a senior AFL player. He could in fact start to really show a fierce determination at the lower level and really start to impact on games for our Zebra buddies.

And if he can do all that then by all means give him another crack in the seniors.

However at the moment he's just another underachiever in a tracksuit.

So if Gardiner can in fact get on the park on Saturday that will put him at least one step ahead of Rhys.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If he can give the mids first use, it's the missing link...Gardiner and Ben would make a great combo, McEvoy is as agile as a Leigh Brown or Ryder type, and as damaging around the ground.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:If he can give the mids first use, it's the missing link...Gardiner and Ben would make a great combo, McEvoy is as agile as a Leigh Brown or Ryder type, and as damaging around the ground.
Must say I dont think it will work with only 3 on the bench. ben is a natural ruckman but will have to play forward to much as MG really cant play forward. Doesnt seem like the right idea for me. I think MG should be given a game to say goodbye and that is it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:If he can give the mids first use, it's the missing link...Gardiner and Ben would make a great combo, McEvoy is as agile as a Leigh Brown or Ryder type, and as damaging around the ground.
Must say I dont think it will work with only 3 on the bench. ben is a natural ruckman but will have to play forward to much as MG really cant play forward. Doesnt seem like the right idea for me. I think MG should be given a game to say goodbye and that is it.
What would your preferred option be to backup Ben then, Blake or Kosi?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
What would your preferred option be to backup Ben then, Blake or Kosi?
Either. The second ruckman is just about finished but at least those 2 can play in another position, MG cant.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:

FFS STANLEY IS INJURED, YOU MUPPET.

How many times do you need to be told?

St Nick

Thinline wrote:
St Nick wrote:

FFS STANLEY IS INJURED, YOU MUPPET.

How many times do you need to be told?
He is not injured anymore. He is ready to go apparently. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: