Hallelujah

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Hallelujah

Finally a story without a mention of us!!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/collin ... 6087482384

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Well I see the Pie Faithfull have got themselves into a lather trying to shut that particular story down on BigFooty!

Amazing how those that gleefully got stuck into us on=ver rumours, innuendo, unfounded facts, allegations etc printed in the HS, now take the moral high ground against rumours, innuendo, unfounded facts, allegations etc printed in the HS.

Staggering hypocrisy, but expected.

Just wondering how long before those 'brethren' who joined our ranks in June will try similarly on this thread?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

If this story involved a saints player it would be front page news and the leading story of every news bulletin.

Haven't heard a whisper about it yet from any news service as yet.

Not that I want to hear about it, but I can't help but think about the hypocracy here.

Fat head Ed is a pretty powerful dude... Most journos would be too scared to move on this one.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:...Amazing how those that gleefully got stuck into us on=ver rumours, innuendo, unfounded facts, allegations etc printed in the HS, now take the moral high ground against rumours, innuendo, unfounded facts, allegations etc printed in the HS.
This info has come from an open court session, it's public property, whether it be one person view of an event or not, it's out there now.... Legally.

The difference is that all the crap involving our club was dealt with by the media rather than a court of law.
Mr Magic wrote:...Staggering hypocrisy, but expected.
You beat me to it.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

I wonder if this means Ross can call certain Filth players rapists, and get away with it without a formal apology?

Apparently even when the police clear you of rape allegations you are still a rapist according to our friends over at the Paddock.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:I wonder if this means Ross can call certain Filth players rapists, and get away with it without a formal apology?

Apparently even when the police clear you of rape allegations you are still a rapist according to our friends over at the Paddock.
Lets NOT stoop to those levels !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
Leo.J wrote:I wonder if this means Ross can call certain Filth players rapists, and get away with it without a formal apology?

I agree Eastern.

But this has been p!ssing me off since the Lovett issue, the hypocracy involving our club and the treatment of our players by the media has been out of control.

I don't want to instigate this sort of rubbish, I'm just high-lighting the double standards applied here by people.

There are people out there that hate our club based on whats been published about us over the last 2 years.

I just want some balance and accuracy on these issues.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

haven't checked the link but there was something on CH ten News last night- but Iw as on the phone and just heard ans saw some names and vision of player/s in black and white with sleeve tattoo.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Eastern wrote:

I agree Eastern.

But this has been p!ssing me off since the Lovett issue, the hypocracy involving our club and the treatment of our players by the media has been out of control.

I don't want to instigate this sort of rubbish, I'm just high-lighting the double standards applied here by people.

There are people out there that hate our club based on whats been published about us over the last 2 years.

I just want some balance and accuracy on these issues.
I understand what Eastern is saying, but I have to agree with what Leo says. Why is it not on the front page of the colling wood times.

Having said that, I feel sorry for the women involved.

I love this club
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's just awful, I don't care what team is involved.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:It's just awful, I don't care what team is involved.
I could not agree more.

Thats why it would be good to get some balance and accuracy.

I don't really want to know or hear about this sad incident tbh, just as much as I didn't want to hear about the Saints School girl for 12 months.

And the Milne and Montagna case 7 years on.

The media have alot to answer for.

I'm more pissed about the hypocracy involved here, don't get me wrong I do understand that there are peoples lives and livelihoods at stake here.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Lots of assuming going on here. The same kind of assuming that now sees Milney dumped on every week. I think most of us appreciate there's an imbalance in reportage depending on who's being accused either expressly or implicitly, but personally I don't think it really adds anything by stooping to the level of agenda-setting grubs elsewhere.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
I could not agree more.

I don't really want to know or hear about this sad incident tbh, just as much as I didn't want to hear about the Saints School girl for 12 months.

I'm more pissed about the hypocracy involved here, don't get me wrong I do understand that there are peoples lives and livelihoods at stake here.
Hang on. What do you mean you don't want to hear about it? It's news. It's how it's reported that should matter. I don't want things swept under the carpet either, just b/c they play AFL. These guys need to be just as accountable for their actions as the rest of us.

Famous ppl accused of serious crimes will always generate news. Not sure how the media have a lot to answer for. That's their job. It's how they do their job that they need to be accountable for. I would EXPECT to read about this in the news. Whether the reporting of this incident is more balanced than how they reported other similar incidents can be debated, but I certainly want to hear about this and how it's being handled.

And another thing - surely pies supporters won't be so holier than though about Steven Milne anymore. Of course they won't :roll: Almost identical situation. Both investigated, both cleared of wrong doing. I expect Lyon to charge onto the ground at 1/4 time in Rd 21 and accuse Beames of being a rapist, and hold the high moral ground and refuse to publicly apologise afterwards. THis of course will give us supporters the indirect 'thumbs up' to label Beames as a rapist for the rest of his career.....

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
And another thing - surely pies supporters won't be so holier than though about Steven Milne anymore. Of course they won't :roll: Almost identical situation.
Actually, the so-called facts (at least as I understand both situations - happy to be well and truly struck down here) are markedly different. As I understand things, the earlier incident involved the very late withdrawal of consent with hindsight influenced to a significant degree by parental pressure. The present situation borders on indirect and/or direct participation in an offence despite an allegation of absence of consent. Among other things this speaks of knowledge of the perpetration a serious crime which raises an 'accessory after the fact' type relationship. This is all based on the 'facts' as reported, that is. But as we well know, reported truth is a brittle beast.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
I could not agree more.

Hang on. What do you mean you don't want to hear about it? It's news. It's how it's reported that should matter. I don't want things swept under the carpet either, just b/c they play AFL. These guys need to be just as accountable for their actions as the rest of us.

Famous ppl accused of serious crimes will always generate news. Not sure how the media have a lot to answer for. That's their job. It's how they do their job that they need to be accountable for. I would EXPECT to read about this in the news. Whether the reporting of this incident is more balanced than how they reported other similar incidents can be debated, but I certainly want to hear about this and how it's being handled.

And another thing - surely pies supporters won't be so holier than though about Steven Milne anymore. Of course they won't :roll: Almost identical situation. Both investigated, both cleared of wrong doing. I expect Lyon to charge onto the ground at 1/4 time in Rd 21 and accuse Beames of being a rapist, and hold the high moral ground and refuse to publicly apologise afterwards. THis of course will give us supporters the indirect 'thumbs up' to label Beames as a rapist for the rest of his career.....
I was just trying to say that I don't want to really hear about anyone allegedly being raped.

Just highlighting the hypocarcy thats all, and hoping for some balance and accuracy from our press.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

The part regarding the media having a lot to answer for is that they report these matters and sensationalise them and neglect the facts alot of the time.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

And the victim is somebodies Daughter.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Apart from the obvious, what's the defendants relationship with collingwood... and is it a coincidence that David Galbally QC is representing him?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Lots of assuming going on here. The same kind of assuming that now sees Milney dumped on every week. I think most of us appreciate there's an imbalance in reportage depending on who's being accused either expressly or implicitly, but personally I don't think it really adds anything by stooping to the level of agenda-setting grubs elsewhere.
Well said

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not that I care if there is any inbalance, but not sure why some are claiming that anyway? Pictures of the players in Collingwood jumpers, Collingwood logo, words that I'm sure Collingwood FC would find unsavoury attached to the headline.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

I just don't get the thought process that our club copped it, so I hope another team does?

I prefer the days where there are no victims, and no news.

I'm confident it will be St Kilda's turn again soon and we'll see pictures of Saints players going to court, HS would run with these kind of stories no matter the club.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

buried on about page nine though....

..not much chance of a conviction on what is stated in the article...

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/court ... 1gz3c.html

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Apart from the obvious, what's the defendants relationship with collingwood... and is it a coincidence that David Galbally QC is representing him?
Friend of Beams. Played at Southport together.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Not that I care if there is any inbalance, but not sure why some are claiming that anyway? Pictures of the players in Collingwood jumpers, Collingwood logo, words that I'm sure Collingwood FC would find unsavoury attached to the headline.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

I just don't get the thought process that our club copped it, so I hope another team does?
I do.

It's been sickengly unbearable listening to the s*** piled on the Saints over the past 7 years - especially the last 12 months.
And Collingwood have been right in the thick of it.

I hope their whole disgusting club gets dragged through the mud and their loser supporters get their disgusting smug, deluded grins off their faces in regards to their club's standing in society.

SainterK wrote:I prefer the days where there are no victims, and no news.
There's always been victims. This stuff and far worse has been happening forever.
I think it's good that those involved now get held to account, instead of it being covered up by their mates in the press and their footy clubs.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
markp wrote:Apart from the obvious, what's the defendants relationship with collingwood... and is it a coincidence that David Galbally QC is representing him?
Friend of Beams. Played at Southport together.
I though Galbally was a fair bit older than that :shock: :wink:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Lots of assuming going on here. The same kind of assuming that now sees Milney dumped on every week. I think most of us appreciate there's an imbalance in reportage depending on who's being accused either expressly or implicitly, but personally I don't think it really adds anything by stooping to the level of agenda-setting grubs elsewhere.
What's not assumption, Thinline, is the response made by a 'close friend" of the girl to a question put by Galbally in court. He answered affirmatively when asked if the girl had alleged she was raped.

'In cross-examining a close friend of the alleged victim, defence lawyer David Galbally, QC, said the woman had told him Dayne Beams and another man named Myles were on either side of her in the bedroom.

Mr Galbally: "She was telling you she had sex against her will - she was effectively raped by them."

Male friend: "Yes." '

The proceedings then moved on to implicate McCarthy.

Now somewhere between that exchange between the girl and her male friend and the court proceedings yesterday, the charges laid have excluded what was originally alleged to have happened in that room. The charges all pertain to subsequent events in a laneway outside the premises.

Buddha only knows what has taken place since. Allegations withdrawn, insufficient evidence, a traumatised victim unwilling or unable to stand alone against high profile perpetrators - who knows?

This much I do know. The Australian ran the story on their website on the Monday morning after the GF. In that story they quoted police sources as saying the girl was very credible and significant forensic evidence supporting her allegations had been gathered from a hospital examination carried out on the Sunday. I read the story on The Australian website within a couple of hours of it being posted.

From memory, The Australian website report was taken down within 24 hours. I don't believe it survived to the next print version.

Within 2 days Kerri-Anne Kennerley had that grub Everitt on her Morning Show. They indulged in what can only be described as one of the most tasteless, revolting pieces of television seen on Australian TV since the valves first started to accept current 55 odd years ago. It was a vicious assault on any woman who dared allege she'd been raped after going home with someone (never mind the allegations were of being raped by people she didn't go home with) and was clearly linked to the allegations put on The Australian website a day or 2 earlier. Kennerley used words like 'strays' and Everitt spoke complete and utter shyte the whole time, even trying to make it all sound soooo humorous.

Channel 9 disabled their website communications and their phones stopped working. I know - I tried to get through when I read quotes from the show a couple of hours later.

The Morning Show is on Channel 9, I believe. One of the Channel 9 long time 'personalities' is one E. Maguire, who also had, and still has, a radio gig on MMM. When some fella named Mitchell on a rival radio station named the 2 AFL footballers alleged to have participated in the sexual assault of the girl, E.Maguire launched an absolute tirade against Mitchell's standards and ethics.

That was all it took. There were no cameras following Beams and McCarthy around. They weren't filmed or asked for quotes when they attended interviews (crikey, maybe the coppers didn't even let the media know when they were coming in). I don't recall Milne and Montagna receiving the same consideration a few years earlier. They were positively ubiquitous.

Part 2 of the strategy to bury the whole matter involved various pieces of information coming out in various media outlets about a certain school pupil, and her involvement with some players from another AFL club. So effective was it, that the police had to investigate, again. All that was reported. When that lost momentum, the allegations against Milne and Montagna were dug up again, with reports of less than gruntled former coppers suggesting there had been a cover up, and parties related to this footy club had been involved.

Now, as I recall, it was one Tony Jones who broke this 'sensational' story. As I understand it, he works for Channel 9. I also believe he is a supporter of the same football club as the 2 players alleged to have been involved in the events leading up to the court proceedings currently under discussion.

The coach of that same side somehow seemed to escape reasonable accountability for an onfield event earlier last year linked to the same story rekindled on 9 later last year.

Both those media meltdowns occupied months of commentary immediately after the post GF allegations were made by girl involved in the current court matter.

I don't have a victim mentality. Nor do I believe too many conspiracy theories. But, as a wise man once said, if you think someone is out to get you, they probably are. Even more, I do believe in orchestrated media campaigns designed to distract and deflect.

And, maybe, just maybe, the poor girl involved in this latest sad court matter had to weigh up the probability of succeeding in taking on powerful influences against the consequences of being held in the spotlight for eternity. She wouldn't be the first to heed advice designed to provide her with how deep the downside could be.

On the other hand, I hope the DPP is running a Purana style negotiation with the fella before the court - as in, 'have we got a deal for you'. Quandary for Galbally, perhaps?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021