Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gram

I wasnt at the game but from what I saw on TV Gram had another shocker.

First half I didnt realise he was playing. Then when he got in to the game he proceeded to go back to turning it over with abysmal kicking even when under no pressure. He is one of my favourite players but 2011 is just a car crash for Grammy. Not sure how long we persist with him until he comes good.

Anyone agree/disagree.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Gerard said he was superb or something like that, I must of taken my glasses off, because I didn't see it like that.

He holds his spot though you'd think

goddardisgod
Club Player

Blanketed Thomas fairly well, but is fat, lazy and unwilling to commit his body, for an AFL player.

Won't be dropped. If Ross tries the same thing on Rodan, I reckon Grammy won't be back.

Cro
Club Player

At least with him playing a shut down role he has less opportunity to turn it over.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Have not been impressed with his efforts in any of the Port games, even when he had form...will be holding my breath next week.

Black and white player...but didn't do much of either today from what I saw. Good or bad thing, depending on how you wanna look at it. The Grammy of 2009 is long gone.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough. I also didnt have commentary so what would I know. But F*** me Gerrard has to be kidding me? He just seemed to keep kicking it to the other side. I also thought Gamble was pretty awful. Probably not AFL standard.

Saints Angel
Club Player

Don't know how Gram is still getting a game. Soft as butter and a far cry from the player he once was. Gamble is not AFL standard and I don't know why we persist with him. He was a poor selection and needs to go a season's end. Would loved to have seen one of the young Saints playing in Gram and Gambles place tonight. It makes me wonder how these players keep getting a game each week and the young guys are in one weeke and then out.

savatage
SS Life Member

Has been terrible, call a spade a spade.

savatage
SS Life Member

Also agree about Gamble, I'd say he's close to being on his last chance now.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did a reasonable job today....

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Grammy posted this on twitter after the game:

1 thing I find disgraceful, people who say they love the team but bag the crap out of players. Love to see u out there #lovetherealfanstho

I would say this is in relation to the crowd booing when raph came on?

Sainter for life.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Grammy posted this on twitter after the game:

1 thing I find disgraceful, people who say they love the team but bag the crap out of players. Love to see u out there #lovetherealfanstho

I was more pissed that they subbed Lynch when everything he touched turned to gold, while everything Gamble touched turned to s***. Credit must go to Raph though; he saved a couple of goals in the last quarter and at least had a crack at setting some up.

As for Gram, he should have been sent to Dandy for an extended stay a long time ago. No heart and crap skills

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

I was more pissed that they subbed Lynch when everything he touched turned to gold, while everything Gamble touched turned to s***. Credit must go to Raph though; he saved a couple of goals in the last quarter and at least had a crack at setting some up.

As for Gram, he should have been sent to Dandy for an extended stay a long time ago. No heart and crap skills
Watching the game is important. How many goal did Thomas kick or like Zac were there 3 on Thomas as well. As for Lynch going off, my guess is that he was completely stuffed so good decision.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Hey Jason stop farking twitting and start farking playing - The fact that you twitted what you twitted shows that your mind is not on he job at hand - more worried about how the crowd are reacting rather than how you should be playing

Sadly it seems it is more important about how you look and how people perceive you and your teamates - please do yourself a favour pull ya finger out out and earn your wage

You choose to be a footballer so stop with this s***.

More action less words

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Lyon Tamer
Club Player

Players don't lose ability, they just lose confidence!

I think they should be rotating more through the midfield. Give him a chance to run and carry a bit more. I think his best position is as awinger where he has some room to move. His kicking will improve once he regains some confidence.

Although he did beat Thomas on Sunday, Thomas is really out of touch so it wasn't the most difficult of tasks

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Watching the game is important. How many goal did Thomas kick or like Zac were there 3 on Thomas as well. As for Lynch going off, my guess is that he was completely stuffed so good decision.
Have I missed something or has Lindsay Thomas become a gun player or something? I admit I dont watch many or any North games.
I love Grammy but his ability to turn it over when under no pressure is amazing.

St Nick

Re: Gram

Con Gorozidis wrote:I wasnt at the game but from what I saw on TV Gram had another shocker.

First half I didnt realise he was playing. Then when he got in to the game he proceeded to go back to turning it over with abysmal kicking even when under no pressure. He is one of my favourite players but 2011 is just a car crash for Grammy. Not sure how long we persist with him until he comes good.

Anyone agree/disagree.
Agree that he is out of form but on song he is one of our best. Keep playing him and he will reward us. With just an ounce of luck he would have been a premiership player and Norm Smith medalist less than 2 years ago.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

He was asked to play a blanketing role last night, which held back his attacking opportunities, I thought.

Still needs to improve a lot on recent form, including those woeful kicking skills. :!:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:

Hey Jason stop farking twitting and start farking playing - The fact that you twitted what you twitted shows that your mind is not on he job at hand - more worried about how the crowd are reacting rather than how you should be playing

Sadly it seems it is more important about how you look and how people perceive you and your teamates - please do yourself a favour pull ya finger out out and earn your wage

You choose to be a footballer so stop with this s***.

More action less words
If our own was booed in the manner he implied by his note, then he's got a point and I applaud him for making it. That sort of rubbish (performed by rubbish maggot fat f*** cowards) places us on the same level as Essendon re Stanton. And that's lower than low. Shameful actions by shameful, small-minded squibs. Hang your heads.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:He was asked to play a blanketing role last night, which held back his attacking opportunities, I thought.

Still needs to improve a lot on recent form, including those woeful kicking skills. :!:
Its just the way his foot contacts the ball. its diabolical.

Re his tweet - fair enough. Booing your own player is a terrible thing to do full stop. Especially for no good reason.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

There's nothing wrong with what Gram tweeted. However if I consistently dished up performances like some AFL players in my job - I wouldn't have one for very long.

defacto
Club Player

lindsay thomas has been terrible for the roo's this year. like gram he should be finding form in the vfl.

he's cost the roo's a couple of games through poor kicking.

i felt that lindsay thomas out played and out ran gram. in the 4th he looked dangerous only for him to turn it over or not convert.

if anything the other defenders covered lindsay for gram.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Both Gram and Gwilt were defensively good.

Both with the ball were rubbish though.

What has happened to Gwilt of 2010?...as the 2011 cannot get accurately.

You need your backs to set up play....whereas these too set up play for North!!!!

Agianst Noth we got away with it barely.

Against better teams = loss.
Look at Cats game for example...we basically beat them in winning the ball, but then set them up with many soft goals by poor turnovers.

Round 1...poor kick by Blake lsot us the game.
Two games lost toa cpable opponent buy us having too many stupid turnovers.

Teams today are very good at scoring from turnovers.

We have to improve in this regard or will stay as a preender.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I find it really strange you can hard tag someone and only have two contested possessions.

I actually like the sentiment of the tweet, I'm just not sure why Gram feels he is the self appointed preacher. Earlier this year he tried to talk some guys into retirement, now he is telling supporters he'd like to see them out there.

The booing of Raph was disgraceful, probably would of been better coming from the coach maybe?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gram

Con Gorozidis wrote:I wasnt at the game but from what I saw on TV Gram had another shocker.

Anyone agree/disagree.

disagree....he did his job...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.