mid field changes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DWOODROW
Club Player

mid field changes

Steven is pretty quite in the middle
Why doesn't Ross change him and Arno so they both get going and then keep rotating ??????????????????

saint58
Club Player

Re: mid field changes

DWOODROW wrote:Steven is pretty quite in the middle
Why doesn't Ross change him and Arno so they both get going and then keep rotating ??????????????????
Steven will get droped next game for mini kids for experience thats the selection critiria plus big mc for gardy.

We got killed for pace and for big marking targets allthough kossi did ok pleased to see but need more out of him.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

you got to be joking about Steven?

Sainter for life.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SaintSimmo wrote:
you got to be joking about Steven?
Surely the post from DWOODROW was in jest? EDIT: Sorry meant Saint58 in regards to dropping Steven.

Had better check we are talking about the same player? Jack Steven is the player that wears the number 3 on his back. Has the funny run thing happening. Is this whom you are talking about?
Last edited by saint75 on Sun 19 Jun 2011 3:16am, edited 2 times in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
karnaby
Club Player

I'm just a tv viewer, but it seems to me that Armo hasn't played that much in the middle over the last few weeks and I think we miss his drive.

3 goals was good tonight, but I have the impression that he has been playing more of the defensive forward (Mini) type role of late rather than spending as much time in the midfield.

Steven continues to develop (thankfully) but by itself that doesn't mean that Armo shouldn't be in the guts more often.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW didn't say take him off he said rotate between forward and centre

But both had quite good games

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I actually give up if some posts are serious.

karnaby
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I actually give up if some posts are serious.
It's quite obvious that you frequently can't express yourself in plain English, but it appears that you can't read it either.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
DWOODROW
Club Player

I trying to say that at the start of the season Armo was the one winning clearances and playing above standard football for him in the middle.

He has now been moved the Mcqualter defensive forward and while he kicked 3 goals last night didn't have much impact on the game.

Steven has been playing in the middle for a number of weeks and doing well but as with any player is going to have a quiter night than some of the bigger games he has had in previous weeks.

My point is why isn't David and Jack either playing alongside each other or rotating with each other so there is at least one clearance winner in the middle at all times out of the these two young guys. I;m not taking anything away from the other mid fileders but think that these two really need to compliment each other by swapping on the forward line.

Now so I don't upset anyone this is a question I have at the moment along with many others, but honest and meaningful posts would be appreciated.