Fitness?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Fitness?

There seemed to be a noticable difference in movement. Don't know if it's coming back from a warm game in Perth (pies wouldn't know about that), or a fitness issue. Too many stagnant players.
I say next bye we have the old beep test, time trial, run them in to the ground to see where all the players are at.
I know some guys got pb's in pre season, but I could get a pb tomorrow because I'm rubbish right now. They need to be out running the pies, cats and hawks. Stuff ya pb's, be better than those teams.
Dawes just said he does 2kms in just over 6 minutes. I'd like to see Kosi do that. And Sippo doesn't have as much weight on him, should aim to better that.

Also Riewoldt was the first of his kind being tall and mobile with the biggest aerobic capacity. Now it seems he's one of many with guys like Franklin and Dawes probably covering more ground. Roo's greatest weapon appears average.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
noreason41
Club Player

I doubt Kosi could run 2km's without taking a breather tbh.

saintslegendLH
Club Player

noreason41 wrote:I doubt Kosi could run 2km's without taking a breather tbh.
you are a dumb ass

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I think the main difference was that we were playing Fremantle last week and Collingwood this week. Other than that, the intensity was identical. Collingwood didn't give the ball back to us after our skill error like Freo did.

saint tash
Club Player

noreason41 wrote:I doubt Kosi could run 2km's without taking a breather tbh.
I doubt u could submit 2 posts without taking the piss. :roll:

Oh when the saints go charging in!